The Student Room Group

girls of TSR...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
We usually go halfsies, but if one of us pays for one meal, the next time the other has to foot it. That being said I think I owe my boyfriend about six lunches at this point...
Nope. I never make my boyfriend pay. We usually just pay for our own stuff unless we want to treat each other every so often.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you girls are liars smh
I insist on paying on a first date. I feel like the girl offers to go halves out of politeness but deep down would rather the male pay.
nope, with my eating habits I'd rather spare him the bankruptcy and pay for myself
I think dividing the bill is the fair thing to do, however, as a note on etiquette, the man attempting to pay the bill but the woman offering to pay half for the man to agree is a good way to overcome tradition.
Original post by Straighthate
would you expect a guy to pay for ur food on a date?

Well, if he wants to
Original post by Foo.mp3
Halve,* and it's generally expected of the guy to offer to pay e.g. at least initially, on the first date, at least :scrooge:

Thanks for the correction?

Really? First time I'm hearing this. Has this been the case for you? I've always just split the bill :dontknow:
Reply 28
Nahhh course not... double standards if you do!
I'd offer to pay my half and his if i liked him :wink:
But in general, i think going halvsies is acceptable for both parties :h:
Original post by Foo.mp3
You're welcome :smile:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm quite cunning/rarely wow'ed by dates, so I tend to say something leading like: 'shall we get the bill'? If they don't offer to pay at that juncture then I'll go ahead and go through the motions of paying, and if they don't jump in and offer to pay at least some, if not half, well then that's a big -1 (unless they're fairly skint, which is never the case) :naughty:

You're a good girl, but there are some women out there who are super traditional and/or spoilt and/or presumptious :rolleyes:

Ah okay,in all honesty I always thought you were pretty impressed with your dates from what you've told me etc

I'm traditional too but not in that sense,when it comes to marriage and the idea of getting married. That's when I'm super traditional :u:
I take girls to usually the best restaurants I can find so I don't blame them for not wanting to pay half.
No, never.
I hate being paid for it makes me very uncomfortable.
No, tbh I don't see why girls expect guys to pay. Splitting the bill is more fair, I do that with my friends as well
If anyone wants to buy me food, I'm set! :biggrin:
Reply 34
No
Reply 35
Original post by Proxenus
I expect woman to be all of it as I'm the guy. In return we give them sex so its fair :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never thought of it that way.
(PS particularly is are as tasty as the photo in the avatar!)
:biggrin:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Most impress on some level, but never yet dated a girl who could inspire me to great acts of generosity and romance :dancing:

Best of both worlds :h:

Spoiler

Really? I didn't realise that was the case. I always thought you paid for their drink,especially the recent ones you had dates less than a year ago.

Thanks for informing me,I'll let you know as always :h:
Original post by loveleest
I would definitely pay for myself on a date and I know many other girls that would too. So I have no idea why guys make this whole paying fot dates thing a problem.
Well I think they want to make a good impression so feel that if they offer to pay all of it the girl is more likely to be interested in them then splitting. That's something I worry about but I suppose the guy has to be strong & if the girl expects him to pay all of it then she is just not worth it :smile:
Original post by Straighthate
would you expect a guy to pay for ur food on a date?

As a guy... I wouldn't mind paying for food... LOL
Original post by Multitalented me
Well I think they want to make a good impression so feel that if they offer to pay all of it the girl is more likely to be interested in them then splitting. That's something I worry about but I suppose the guy has to be strong & if the girl expects him to pay all of it then she is just not worth it :smile:

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that would be willing to pay for a good impression but he shouldn't be forced to do it.

Quick Reply

Latest