The Student Room Group

ISA questionnnnn

so lets just since ISAs are controlled assessments and you didnt get the grade you wanted would you blame the teacher or yourself considering the fact its the teachers responsibility to teach you what to write so you don't lose alot of marks.
Reply 1
You would blame yourself as you could have revised or regone through the topic or what you were doing for the ISA. I guess you could complain against the teacher but I doubt it will do anything and it won't look good for you either. ISAs aren't really hard, worth 25% so you can still get A/A*s if you did bad on your ISA.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by one_man_abdullah
You would blame yourself as you could have revised or regone through the topic or what you were doing for the ISA. I guess you could complain against the teacher but I doubt it will do anything and it won't look good for you either. ISAs aren't really hard, worth 25% so you can still get A/A*s if you did bad on your ISA.

Spoiler

My biology teacher who is also my chemistry teacher (she dont know a damn thing bout chemistry lmao) is/was rubbish too. my class is always correcting her mistakes and its getting really annoying now its like she dosent even know what shes doing.:confused:
Reply 3
Original post by mk_cbc
My biology teacher who is also my chemistry teacher (she dont know a damn thing bout chemistry lmao) is/was rubbish too. my class is always correcting her mistakes and its getting really annoying now its like she dosent even know what shes doing.:confused:

Wow that is unlucky to have a bad teacher for two of your sciences, my biology teacher doesn't let us get our revision guides out and hardly ever answers our questions when we put our hands up. I think people in my class actually complained against her but it did nothing which is sad. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Wow that is unlucky to have a bad teacher for two of your sciences, my biology teacher doesn't let us get our revision guides out and hardly ever answers our questions when we put our hands up. I think people in my class actually complained against her but it did nothing which is sad. :s-smilie:

All my class complained about her but since the science staff in my school are all friends eurgh they didnt do anything which sucks.
Reply 5
Original post by mk_cbc
All my class complained about her but since the science staff in my school are all friends eurgh they didnt do anything which sucks.

Yeah, tell me about it... But ISA isn't hard I believe, it's just carrying out the experiment in biology I don't get as we don't learn or hardly even do the experiments or get explained how to carry them out. But the questions and hypothesis/predictions seem simple and straightforward.
Reply 6
Yeah, tell me about it... But ISA isn't hard I believe, it's just carrying out the experiment in biology I don't get as we don't learn or hardly even do the experiments or get explained how to carry them out. But the questions and hypothesis/predictions seem simple and straightforward.

section 1 is okay i guess but section 2 isnt so good as the case studies can be so hard sometimes.
Reply 7
Original post by mk_cbc
section 1 is okay i guess but section 2 isnt so good as the case studies can be so hard sometimes.

For Section 2, analyse and draw conclusions from the results. Say if your results did or didn't back up your hypothesis/prediction and why. Describe the relationships between the variables and then evaluate your experiment and how you could improve it (e.g better or more sensitive equipment). If you get given data from other people then just do the same - analyse it and draw conclusions. Here's to terrible teachers... :wink:
Reply 8
For Section 2, analyse and draw conclusions from the results. Say if your results did or didn't back up your hypothesis/prediction and why. Describe the relationships between the variables and then evaluate your experiment and how you could improve it (e.g better or more sensitive equipment). If you get given data from other people then just do the same - analyse it and draw conclusions. Here's to terrible teachers... :wink:

wooowww you managed to sum it up in one para lol my teacher took a week tryna explain section 2 she failed our class was still clueless :bricks:
Reply 9
Original post by mk_cbc
wooowww you managed to sum it up in one para lol my teacher took a week tryna explain section 2 she failed our class was still clueless :bricks:

You and me both. :five:
Reply 10
You and me both. :five:

yep ah lets hope our hard work pays off in the end i aint giving no presents to my teachers who didnt help me lmao. if i get a good grade in science ill thank myself.:h::h:
. ISAs aren't really hard

Oh my sweet summer child. Wait until you get to AS ISAs where 36/40 is a B for chemistry. And for A2 physics I got 74% in my mock ISA. That was a grade E. And you can lose marks because you'll have to think of equipment not even covered on thev :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing syllabus in order to answer a question

So many schools cheat and raise the grade boundaries too. The teachers in the school a few mins from us literally put the ISA markscheme on the board last year
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Lawliettt
Oh my sweet summer child. Wait until you get to AS ISAs where 36/40 is a B for chemistry. And for A2 physics I got 74% in my mock ISA. That was a grade E. And you can lose marks because you'll have to think of equipment not even covered on thev :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing syllabus in order to answer a question

So many schools cheat and raise the grade boundaries too.

yeah im aware of a-level isas my sister did them, they're really hard.

So many schools cheat and raise the grade boundaries too.

What's the marks for a grade A or A*? And hopefully I can get good GCSEs to go to a good Sixth Form... If not, then a sly handshake with the teacher involving hmmm a tenner will help 'lower the grade boundary'...
What's the marks for a grade A or A*? And hopefully I can get good GCSEs to go to a good Sixth Form... If not, then a sly handshake with the teacher involving hmmm a tenner will help 'lower the grade boundary'...

Well for the AS physics mock ISA, 47/50 was an A*. and 37/50 was a D. That's the result of so many schools cheating and causing the grade boundaries to go up across the country. For GCSE it's not too bad though. I got an A in all 3 of my ISAs in year 11. But apparently ISAs are being scrapped now.

Probably because the government realised how many teachers "accidentally" leave mark schemes on their desk and walk out the room to use the toilet

I'm honestly dreading going back to school. I'll have 5 ISAs to do.
Well for the AS physics mock ISA, 47/50 was an A*. and 37/50 was a D. That's the result of so many schools cheating and causing the grade boundaries to go up across the country. For GCSE it's not too bad though. I got an A in all 3 of my ISAs in year 11. But apparently ISAs are being scrapped now.

Probably because the government realised how many teachers "accidentally" leave mark schemes on their desk and walk out the room to use the toilet

I don't think ISAs are being scrapped but I think they will try to make them more strick as you are right, teachers can get quite deeply involved in ISAs and since they are not regulated or moderated while you are doing them, they are fairly easy and straightforward.

But damn, 10 marks is the difference between a D and an A*? Wow, that's harsh and they should be spread out more so that they are more even.

But damn, 10 marks is the difference between a D and an A*? Wow, that's harsh and they should be spread out more so that they are more even.

The sad thing is that was a typo. 37 was actually E (what i got). 38 was a D.

So yeah, the struggle is real

Quick Reply

Latest