The Student Room Group

Do nose piercings hurt, and if so, how much?

I'm allowed to get my nose pierced after I'm done with year 11 (the school rules won't allow it) but I'm worried it'll hurt a lot, especially with a needle.
I've already got my ear lobes and helix pierced and I'm wondering if it'll hurt more than that? :K:

Scroll to see replies

its just like a helix but in the middle of your face
I have my septum pierced, not my nostril, but it didn't hurt hugely - it obviously hurt a bit and my eyes watered a little and it bled+stung, but that was it - I didn't yell "ouch!" or anything
How expensive is it?
Mine didn't hurt much at all. It bled a little and my eyes watered, but that's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
it hurts - more than ears - but it's bearable. I have to admit swearing when I got mine done but it's my fave piercing so :h:
Reply 6

:dontknow:
doesnt hurt at all truss

my eyes just watered after

make sure to look after and keep ur nose stud away from bacteria and stuff bc when it gets infected it hurts, smetimes even bleeds

tbh, i got my ears done and they hurt more than when i got my nose done ahaha
Original post by Blondie987
How expensive is it?

its not expensive at all, i got mine done for 8 quid at tattoo place

but then obvs i changed mine to a gold stud so it was pretty expensive

if i use silver i get a really bad reaction so i have to use gold
Original post by mariam687
its not expensive at all, i got mine done for 8 quid at tattoo place

but then obvs i changed mine to a gold stud so it was pretty expensive

if i use silver i get a really bad reaction so i have to use gold

Thanks! :biggrin:
Thanks! :biggrin:

np, if u want more info, feel free to pm :smile:
Mine didn't hurt at all, it was £4 and done in a second. It was winter so I felt the cold more than usual and it stung but it got better within weeks.
How expensive is it?

Mine cost £20. Make sure you go somewhere reputable and sterile. I heard someone say the other week they got their nose done with a gun.... if you see that then leave!

Idk I wouldn't agree with this. My nose hurt more than my tongue and my nipple.... and it says cartilage piercings are as painful as your tongue :/

My piercings from most painful to least are:

1) Nose
2) Tongue
3) Nipple
4) cartilage
5) lobe

none of them were that bad though and it only really hurts for a few seconds while they are doing it so I'd say go for it :h:
Reply 13
i have 15 piercings and nose hurt the most lol
Reply 14
No. Well not with the gun anyways.
Maybe I'm a little pussy but my nose piercing hurt a lot... Don't get it done with a gun though.
I had mine done about two years ago when I was 17. It was £10 and I had it pierced with a gun. You should get it done with a needle. I knew the woman doing mine wasn't very professional, it was just an Asian woman in a salon. I jumped when she pierced it (she said no one else has jumped before but how can you not?! It's literally a staple gun being used on your face) and the piercing hit the inside wall of my nose and it started to bleed a lot so they laid me down and had tissues up my nose for about 10 minutes before letting me leave.
After that it felt sore and stiff for a few weeks, but warm salt water usually helps, and also twisting it around and moving it.
The piercing is fine now but it's a bit difficult sometimes to get a new stud in - I use the 0.5mm L shape studs from Claire's because they're the smallest ones I can find. Also the piercing is supposed to be on the left nostril (in Indian tradition) - even if you're not Asian, I think it looks better to do it on the left side.
Reply 17
Mine didn't hurt at all. It was like a small pinch. £25
It's best to check reviews of different piercing places and to go to a good one and trust them. I didn't think about the pain or ask around so that I wouldn't have any idea and so I had nothing to be worried about.
Original post by Jenx301
Mine cost £20. Make sure you go somewhere reputable and sterile. I heard someone say the other week they got their nose done with a gun.... if you see that then leave!

Idk I wouldn't agree with this. My nose hurt more than my tongue and my nipple.... and it says cartilage piercings are as painful as your tongue :/

My piercings from most painful to least are:

1) Nose
2) Tongue
3) Nipple
4) cartilage
5) lobe

none of them were that bad though and it only really hurts for a few seconds while they are doing it so I'd say go for it :h:

You found your nipple piercing less painful than your nose?? It was the other way around for me. The nose piercing was by far the least painful piercing I've ever had.
It felt like a pinch and my eyes just watered.

Quick Reply