The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kamara7
I can't really stick to a timetable, I revise what I need to when I can :smile:

Oh right. I'm interested to know whether you get done everything you need to, especially the subject that you don't like. I'm just doing GCSEs so there's many I'm ready to stop and I have much more trouble revising these
I got 2 marks of 90% UMS in the C4 paper!

Original post by lillyroselove
Oh right. I'm interested to know whether you get done everything you need to, especially the subject that you don't like. I'm just doing GCSEs so there's many I'm ready to stop and I have much more trouble revising these

Even though I don't use a timetable I get quite a lot done. I usually aim to get as much done as I can in one bit of my subjects and the rest I'll do another time. For GCSEs, I sprinkled my revision for essay subjects which took longer and harder to revise for (English, RS and History) with tiny slots of easier subjects to revise for (Graphics, German) but not with ones I was strong at (Maths, the sciences) because there's just no point! It made revision more bearable. I don't know which subjects you do, but maybe you could try something similar :smile:
Original post by coolsuper101
Same :frown:

Original post by coolsuper101
Lunch, then finish all my history packs today !! Not going to bed till its all done !

Original post by Kamara7
I can't really stick to a timetable, I revise what I need to when I can :smile:

Original post by tangareen
I'm going to try and complete my B1 science revision, then hopefully start on my Additional Science at 5:00pm, I want to get all my C2 done before 7. If anyone wants to help on the Additional Science revision that would be great :h:

Original post by khaleesi98
Just been through my FP2 notes. Doing the June 15 paper starting at 3:30 & finishing at 5:00.

I tend to just make lists of what I need to do in that day/week/month and tick things off as I go along. I can't stick to a timetable at all so I've just given up ☺️

k

Original post by nomophobia
Going to finish my history time line for the cold war and the British Empire , hopefully in half an hour :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does the holidays end tomorrow or next week?
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
k

Does the holidays end tomorrow or next week?

Next week for me, but i don't know if that would be the same for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tangareen
Next week

Phew
Am I the only fool that still hasn't started revising. Please everyone... help me. I want to get at least 10A*s this year and as i have just said, i haven't started revising. Have I still got a chance to get to my goal? Please guys, I need help. Thanks. Much appreciated.
Original post by dennissingh99
Am I the only fool that still hasn't started revising. Please everyone... help me. I want to get at least 10A*s this year and as i have just said, i haven't started revising. Have I still got a chance to get to my goal? Please guys, I need help. Thanks. Much appreciated.

START REVISING!!!

Of course you've still achieve your goal (10A*s is a very high goal though :tongue:), just make sure you know your own revision style to revise effectively. It may be different for each subject you do, for example when I did my GCSEs, mindmaps were good for history, but highlighting and colours were good for religious studies and English to remember quotes.

Good luck with your revision, which yoo'll start now, right? :eyebrow: :smile:
Time to do notes on dysfunctional behaviour
History's killing me , going to do a timeline for British economy
Additional science is taking so long... need to get these cards by 9:angry:
Original post by Kamara7
START REVISING!!!

Of course you've still achieve your goal (10A*s is a very high goal though :tongue:), just make sure you know your own revision style to revise effectively. It may be different for each subject you do, for example when I did my GCSEs, mindmaps were good for history, but highlighting and colours were good for religious studies and English to remember quotes.

Good luck with your revision, which yoo'll start now, right? :eyebrow: :smile:

Oh yeah, Im gonna start revising now, but how long should I revise for everyday if I wanna achieve my goal? Thanks for that BTW
Original post by dennissingh99
Oh yeah, Im gonna start revising now, but how long should I revise for everyday if I wanna achieve my goal? Thanks for that BTW

Whatever works for you :smile: There's no set time, just make sure it's enough and you realistically revise for however long you choose. I personally don't have a set time I do everyday, all I know is that I've literally been revising for the whole day, like since 12 (with breaks in between :tongue:, then again I'm doing A Levels...)

Just remember: don't revise for too long, sleep is important!
Original post by Kamara7
Whatever works for you :smile: There's no set time, just make sure it's enough and you realistically revise for however long you choose. I personally don't have a set time I do everyday, all I know is that I've literally been revising for the whole day, like since 12 (with breaks in between :tongue:, then again I'm doing A Levels...)

Just remember: don't revise for too long, sleep is important!

What subjects do you do, since when have you been revising
Original post by Kamara7
I got 2 marks of 90% UMS in the C4 paper!

Even though I don't use a timetable I get quite a lot done. I usually aim to get as much done as I can in one bit of my subjects and the rest I'll do another time. For GCSEs, I sprinkled my revision for essay subjects which took longer and harder to revise for (English, RS and History) with tiny slots of easier subjects to revise for (Graphics, German) but not with ones I was strong at (Maths, the sciences) because there's just no point! It made revision more bearable. I don't know which subjects you do, but maybe you could try something similar :smile:

Thanks so much for your help. Good luck with Alevels!:tongue:
Original post by goal101
What subjects do you do, since when have you been revising

OCR biology, OCR A chemistry, OCR psychology & Edexcel maths, what about you?
I've been revising since around 12:00 today, I'm just finishing up now :work:
Original post by lillyroselove
Thanks so much for your help. Good luck with Alevels!:tongue:

No problem, good luck with your GCSEs!
Going to start creating poetry posters from 9.15 to 10am... :frown:
Right so I just woke up so now I'm gonna get ready to revise from 1100 till 1230 today. I'll check in then. My first revision session. Wish me luck. Please give me some tips to keep going with revision. Thanks again
I'm going to start at 11 and use the next half an hour to figure out what I want (need) to get done this week. :smile:
Im probably gonna revise additional and further science today. I was thinking about revising for History but I dont know how to do that. Help would be appriciated for that. Im doing OCR History B modern world. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending