The Student Room Group

Left revsion for AS too late and need all As

Hi everyone. I am very stressed as i have done no revision at all for any of my exams and they are in about 5 weeks from now. I study Bio, Chem, Maths (stats) and Psychology. For the uni course I want to apply for I need 4 As this year and I have done no revision yet. I have a week off this week and aim to do about 10 hours a day this whole week and work very hard until exams arrive, but i need some tips and motivation. Can i still do it?? Please help xxx
Reply 1
omg we do the same subjects. its okay you still have some time, all you need to do now is make a plan.
Reply 2
Gurl if you do 10 hrs a day ur prob gonna burn out by the 2nd day.
--
This method is good for working and then allowing yourself breaks every so often:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomodoro_Technique

Drink lots of water, don't sacrifice your sleep, eat some nutritious food, use techniques that actually work for you (e.g. flashcards, mindmaps, rewriting notes, teaching someone, textbooks, revision guides) and just yeah work hard.
Reply 3
get all your books together and write out the chapters and things you need to do. make a list then go form there. start as soon as possible, and just focus on it.
tbh 10 hours a day isn't right. do 5-6
rather do 30 mins of proper revision than 2-3 hours of revision where you don't get the info properly, have proper sleep.
Reply 4
Original post by Inexorably
Gurl if you do 10 hrs a day ur prob gonna burn out by the 2nd day.
--
This method is good for working and then allowing yourself breaks every so often:

Drink lots of water, don't sacrifice your sleep, eat some nutritious food, use techniques that actually work for you (e.g. flashcards, mindmaps, rewriting notes, teaching someone, textbooks, revision guides) and just yeah work hard.

yeah i would totally try this out :smile:. Good luck
[QUOTE=aimen:P;63874041]omg we do the same subjects. its okay you still have some time, all you need to do now is make a plan.

awww, thank you! yeah, ive made a plan but i am just scared. You?? x
[QUOTE=aimen:P;63874089]get all your books together and write out the chapters and things you need to do. make a list then go form there. start as soon as possible, and just focus on it.
tbh 10 hours a day isn't right. do 5-6
rather do 30 mins of proper revision than 2-3 hours of revision where you don't get the info properly, have proper sleep.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for all this advice! yes i will try and cut down and make a proper plan! xxx
Original post by Lazybutorganised
Hi everyone. I am very stressed as i have done no revision at all for any of my exams and they are in about 5 weeks from now. I study Bio, Chem, Maths (stats) and Psychology. For the uni course I want to apply for I need 4 As this year and I have done no revision yet. I have a week off this week and aim to do about 10 hours a day this whole week and work very hard until exams arrive, but i need some tips and motivation. Can i still do it?? Please help xxx

Original post by aimen:P
omg we do the same subjects. its okay you still have some time, all you need to do now is make a plan.

I do all the same subjects as well and am in the Same position as OP.
So glad I'm not alone
[QUOTE=Inexorably;63874065]Gurl if you do 10 hrs a day ur prob gonna burn out by the 2nd day.
--

i dont know what else i can do to get all the topics covered in the time i have. with an aim for four As, its all very scary. But thanks a lot for all the advice and the pomodoro technique looks good! I find it very hard to revise early which is why i have left it so late. I ended up cramming the night before at GCSE. I am very confused as i have sooooo much to learn in 5 weeks. xx
sorry about grammar and spelling mistakes, i am on my phone lol
Reply 9

Same ive kinda left it late too :/ - 2 hours of intense revision should be enough though. I'm doing the same as you but history instead of psych. - for me AQA bio and chem are next year (no AS exams)

Doing the same subjects but geog instead of maths. I'm aiming for 4 A's as well, basically, flashcards, past papers and the spec are going to be my best friends for the next month or so.
and yeah do loads and loads of past papers. there is only a certain types of questions that they ca ask you. once you get the just of answering questions then thats good. and talk to your teachers and ask them where your weak points are. there are easter holidays now so you won't be in school ,but if you are able to just email them.
Reply 12

If you do AQA psychology i can help you with that as i am currently getting straight As??

Quick Reply

Latest