The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by espicton98
apparently the papers always correlate to the big political issues of the year, so I think in unit 1 we are guaranteed to get a question on the EU and or referendums in detail

Definitely see where your coming from, I don't think it will be explicitly on the EU referendum, but I think the examiners won't miss an opportunity to reference it.
Just another quick question have the same questions been repeated twice in a row.
Original post by Mars321
Definitely see where your coming from, I don't think it will be explicitly on the EU referendum, but I think the examiners won't miss an opportunity to reference it.
Just another quick question have the same questions been repeated twice in a row.

I mean a question that will facilitate current facts on EU referendum if we so wish and yes
Original post by espicton98
I mean a question that will facilitate current facts on EU referendum if we so wish and yes

Thanx btw does anyone know where I can find exam questions before 2010
Reply 163
Guys hows revision going?
Original post by CalebLockwood98
Good luck in the summer!!

Plus this
Original post by Audrey18
heya. i studied unit 1.1 democracy and 1.4 pressure groups (i wonder if its safe to study just two units for unit 1) and all units for unit 2. im also doing the american topic for A2. im on the fast track A levels if that makes any sense to you.

I'm kind of in your position as I'm retaking unit 1 and doing A2 this year, I'm finding it really hard to revise tbh :c pm me if you like! Since this thread is just for unit 1
Reply 167
How much revision has everyone done so far over the holidays?
Original post by _Gary
How much revision has everyone done so far over the holidays?

I've just started revising and nearly finished the Elections unit... woops.

Would anyone think of compiling a list of up to date examples for each topic being a good idea? I don't mind creating it but some contributions would be fab :tongue: or not if everyone thinks it's a crap idea haha
Reply 169
Original post by Babs Posh

Would anyone think of compiling a list of up to date examples for each topic being a good idea? I don't mind creating it but some contributions would be fab :tongue: or not if everyone thinks it's a crap idea haha

Well i have up to date examples of topical material in the different topics(by using the annual update 2016:beard:), if thats what you mean and i don’t mind sending that to you. Also how is everyone revising? I’ve just been making mind maps of the different sub sections in the topics and going through past papers..
It would be really great if you could post that here! I struggle with finding examples the most- especially for democracy questions
Original post by _Gary
Well i have up to date examples of topical material in the different topics(by using the annual update 2016:beard:), if thats what you mean and i don’t mind sending that to you. Also how is everyone revising? I’ve just been making mind maps of the different sub sections in the topics and going through past papers..

Yes, that would be really great, thanks! Examples are definitely something I struggle with the most.

I've just been writing out definitions and summarising the textbook by mind maps for each section. I think after I've finished that I'm going to go through all the past papers for each topic and plan an answer to each one... hopefully if I have enough time :smile:
I got a C in unit 1 last year which is why I'm going to resit the exam this year alongside my A2 units. I personally find politics the most difficult subject I'm currently taking ( History and Physics) and i recommend that you prepare as much as possible for the 45 mark question in unit 2. I'm not going to university either cos tbh i hate education so I just want to get my grades and uck off..
Reply 173
Original post by Naimahkhan
It would be really great if you could post that here! I struggle with finding examples the most- especially for democracy questions
Would recommend getting the "annual update 2016" book(just type it into amazon should come up) and if you want the document with examples PM me and will try and send them tomorrow.
Does anyone have any information on UK pressure group successes?

Any help would be much appreciated!

One example would be the 38 Degrees campaign against privatisation of forests.

https://home.38degrees.org.uk/2011/02/17/victory-government-to-scrap-plans-to-sell-our-forests/

BBA -> dilution of banking regulation
NFU -> fox hunting or something like that
Good luck in the summer!!

You're a hero.
Original post by Babs Posh

That sounds like a pretty good idea actually! Anyone else feel like doing some?
What do you guys think about the Panama papers scandal? I personally think it makes a nice statement on the extent of democracy in Europe.They were released just two days ago and already the Prime Minister of Iceland has resigned, largely the consequence of protests involving around 10 per cent of the population.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending