The Student Room Group

which phone do you have? plus need help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
lol be honest! you can't have that phone :biggrin:

Yh the nokia theme tune is class tho
I have an iPhone 6s. I'd reccommend you get the 6. Nice to look at and is of high quality.
You can get an LG G4 for pretty cheap, great camera, fantastic battery life, and still more than fast enough for life. It's a little on the bigger side (5.5" screen) but I'd say go try it out in a store. EE is giving them away for free for £25/month with 2GB internet, 1000 min and unlimited texts!
[QUOTE="mariam687;63876209"]
aww - why? :biggrin:

pakistani parents init ahahaha xD

haha -i am also pakistani :yep:
but they do blackmail me whenever they want and they also take my phone :redface:
i dunno why i am planning to have a new one - they may let me or maybe not :colone:

Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Yh the nokia theme tune is class tho

i hate nokia phones- they have NOTHING in it!
i am currently using nokia lumia 625 and it's rubbish :u:

Original post by cherryred90s
I have an iPhone 6s. I'd reccommend you get the 6. Nice to look at and is of high quality.

haha- my dad has that one - i personally don't like apple products- i prefer andriod ones :h:
Original post by Shabbat Shalom
Nokia 3330

Omg... I remember actually having that as my first phone back as a kid.

I remember switching it on and the 2 hands coming together.
I also remember being addicted to that snakes game :laugh:

#goodtimes
This video was completely associated with me and me alone during college. I think I had 10 different friends show it to me. :colonhash:

[video="youtube;f8ea3l8Zl2k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ea3l8Zl2k[/video]

I had the Nokia 3109c

Currently I have a OnePlus Two #cyanogenmasterrace
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Omg... I remember actually having that as my first phone back as a kid.

I remember switching it on and the 2 hands coming together.
I also remember being addicted to that snakes game :laugh:

#goodtimes

he is a troller and now banned :biggrin:
Hey TSRians :ciao:
So my contract is near to end - ending in may though but i can't wait to get a new one :dance:
i am very confused - i dunno which phone should i get:question::question::question:
i am on a EE contract pay monthly- 500MB with unlimited text and 500min calls :colondollar:
currently, i have Nokia which has NOTHING in it- no quality camera, no apps NOTHING - can't even download TSR app :cry2:
so my requirements are:
high resolution of the camera - so i can take pictures of the whiteboard because sometimes i can't be bothered writing all that stuff
MUST be Andriod - regretting having a Nokia one but now i need android operating system so i can have exciting apps like TSR and study related ones :yeah:
plus long battery life - long enough that can, at least, a full day
in terms of size - not too big nor too small - compact size is fine
budget wise - £20-25 per month - if less than that then its fab :cute:
Can any TSRians recommend me any phone?
Which one do you have and how is it???
:top:

What do you actually envisage yourself doing with the phone on a day to day basis? If all you want to do is take some photos of whiteboards and browse facebook etc you don't necessarily need a flagship type phone
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
This video was completely associated with me and me alone during college.

LOOOOL I remember this! :biggrin:
Original post by samb1234
What do you actually envisage yourself doing with the phone on a day to day basis? If all you want to do is take some photos of whiteboards and browse facebook etc you don't necessarily need a flagship type phone

i do need to have a quality camera because i usually take pics of my friends notes or whiteboard so camera is needed
plus i don't use facebook alot so don't need to worry about that
i do listen to music alot though :u:
I have the iphone 6s plus and I really regret getting it - I fell into the awful 'buy anything that comes out of Apple' trap
I personally prefer Androids, maybe get the Samsung Galaxy S6? I heard they're good:yy:
i do need to have a quality camera because i usually take pics of my friends notes or whiteboard so camera is needed
plus i don't use facebook alot so don't need to worry about that
i do listen to music alot though :u:

My point is that most modern android phones will be easily good enough to take a picture of notes on a whiteboard/paper - so you could easily get something like a moto g (get the 2gb ram model which can be had for roughly £150), or the one plus x for £200. You then get a sim only deal, so for example you could get 500 minutes 5k texts and 1gb of data from id for £7 a month .Therefore over 2 years you would pay £318 over 2 years for the moto g (£13.25 a month) or for the oneplus x you would pay £368 (£15.33 a month)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
I have the iphone 6s plus and I really regret getting it - I fell into the awful 'buy anything that comes out of Apple' trap
I personally prefer Androids, maybe get the Samsung Galaxy S6? I heard they're good:yy:

:five:
i also hate iPhones
and i also do prefer androids and i am thinking of getting S6 - watched about 10 videos 20 to 30 minutes long related to that phone and i am definitely attracted to that phone :blushing:
Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?

i heard that Samsung galaxy s6 is a good one to go for and thats what i am gonna get
i heard that Samsung galaxy s6 is a good one to go for and thats what i am gonna get

I have one and I love it, but be warned the battery life is awfulllllllllllll

Yes s6 join the squaad. There's a fantastic deal with Virgin btw
Original post by alexschmalex
I have one and I love it, but be warned the battery life is awfulllllllllllll

how awful it is- on a scale 1-10 (10 being the best)
Original post by A$aprocky
Yes s6 join the squaad. There's a fantastic deal with Virgin btw

but i am on EE contract :redface:
I've got a moto g 3rd generation.
Waterproof, decent camera which I use to take clear pictures of the whiteboard all the time. Can get through a normal day without it even being fully charged most of the time. Can put an SD card in to expand the memory, you can put apps on the SD card which is useful.
I have it for £13 a month on three, 500mb data (some minutes, can't remember how many, rarely use them).
Reply 59
Hey TSRians :ciao:
So my contract is near to end - ending in may though but i can't wait to get a new one :dance:
i am very confused - i dunno which phone should i get:question::question::question:
i am on a EE contract pay monthly- 500MB with unlimited text and 500min calls :colondollar:
currently, i have Nokia which has NOTHING in it- no quality camera, no apps NOTHING - can't even download TSR app :cry2:
so my requirements are:
high resolution of the camera - so i can take pictures of the whiteboard because sometimes i can't be bothered writing all that stuff
MUST be Andriod - regretting having a Nokia one but now i need android operating system so i can have exciting apps like TSR and study related ones :yeah:
plus long battery life - long enough that can, at least, a full day
in terms of size - not too big nor too small - compact size is fine
budget wise - £20-25 per month - if less than that then its fab :cute:
Can any TSRians recommend me any phone?
Which one do you have and how is it???
:top:

If you are looking to buy a fairly cheap phone, you might want to look at the ulefone power (http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/12/ulefone-power-is-now-official-6050mah-battery-in-tow.html). If you want to spend a bit more, look at the lg g4/ samsung s6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending