The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ravioliyears
No, I thought that too at first, but then I did it anyway (on another thread)

But I've just come back from umrah (religious pilgrimage involving cutting all my hair) so lol :rofl:
Original post by Shadez
But I've just come back from umrah (religious pilgrimage involving cutting all my hair) so lol :rofl:

So! That doesn't matter :tongue:
Original post by A Gentleman
You look socially awkward. How often do you go out?

Your username does not match your post :laugh:
Original post by Shadez
Your username does not match your post :laugh:

Well I suppose my bad boy side just slipped out :P
Original post by Squishy•
Lol I've not put a photo of myself........

that's even worse
Original post by ForgetMe
that's even worse

Well no actually, in cases like yours ignorance is bliss.
With me, it's just that I don't want all the attention I'll get after I post the picture. Honestly I mean I have a hard time as it is but with showing people what I look like oh i can't even begin to think what would happen.
Original post by TaintedLight
The resemblence to a sloth is uncanny :yy:

Original post by teenhorrorstory
Shut up you prick. Why don't you share a pic of yourself you pathetic rat

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
Didtheylietho?
I'm joking but that whole exchange was funny.
Well no actually, in cases like yours ignorance is bliss.
With me, it's just that I don't want all the attention I'll get after I post the picture. Honestly I mean I have a hard time as it is but with showing people what I look like oh i can't even begin to think what would happen.

Oh look, it's mr perfect that everybody desires :colonhash:
Original post by ForgetMe
Oh look, it's mr perfect that everybody desires :colonhash:

Envy isn't a good quality to have and ur avatar is disgusting.
Envy isn't a good quality to have and ur avatar is disgusting.

I don't like your avatar either, so shush :colonhash:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Shut up you prick. Why don't you share a pic of yourself you pathetic rat

I don't think he meant to offend her.
It really is rather lovely that you're spacing out all your links in an effort to make it look like there are more of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to point out that these are legitimate quotes from exactly the same sources of scientific evidence that you have given:

"When a vegetarian diet is appropriately planned and includes fortified foods, it can be nutritionally adequate for adults and children and can promote health and lower the risk of major chronic diseases."

"vegetarians typically have lower body mass index, serum total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, and blood pressure; reduced rates of death from ischemic heart disease; and decreased incidence of hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers than do non vegetarians."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21139125

"However, their complete blood count values did not deviate greatly from those found for nonvegetarians, even though some had been vegans or lactovegetarians for over 10 years."
http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/176565

"The health consequences of lower iron and zinc bioavailability are NOT CLEAR, especially in industrialized countries with abundant, varied food supplies, where nutrition and health research has generally supported recommendations to reduce meat and increase legume and whole-grain consumption."
"adverse health effects from lower iron and zinc absorption have not been demonstrated with varied vegetarian diets in developed countries, and moderately lower iron stores have even been hypothesized to reduce the risk of chronic diseases"
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/78/3/633S.long

"Conclusions: The proportions of plasma long-chain n−3 fatty acids were not significantly affected by the duration of adherence to a vegetarian or vegan diet. This finding suggests that when animal foods are wholly excluded from the diet, the endogenous production of EPA and DHA results in low but stable plasma concentrations of these fatty acids."
http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/82/2/327.abstract

"The ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fatty acids intake was higher in vegetarians." (Even though I don't understand why you posted this source as scientific evidence, as it's a very niche investigation for only the population of Hong Kong)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11083485

"However, in vegetarians rather than in those who consume meat, creatine supplementation resulted in better memory. Irrespective of dietary style, the supplementation of creatine decreased the variability in the responses to a choice reaction-time task."
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8207518

I can also provide a compelling list of equally scientific arguments for why the vegan diet is really rather excellent
Hahaha I love this thread :' )
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Hahaha I love this thread :' )

where's your photo?!! :biggrin:
Original post by InfamousSolid
where's your photo?!! :biggrin:

Euhhh .. xD the most honest photo of me is horrible lol and it's not even honest :' ) I never take selfies (I might have like .. 5 ?) and in the only one I'm not wearing make up, errrrm I was making fun of someone so .. Euhhh .. Definitely not a good idea xD
Original post by Black Cat
I don't think he meant to offend her.

He more or less said she looked like a sloth?? Am I missing something lol
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Euhhh .. xD the most honest photo of me is horrible lol and it's not even honest :' ) I never take selfies (I might have like .. 5 ?) and in the only one I'm not wearing make up, errrrm I was making fun of someone so .. Euhhh .. Definitely not a good idea xD

no don't be afraid! :biggrin:
come on, be the unicorn you are I guess :tongue:
Original post by InfamousSolid
no don't be afraid! :biggrin:
come on, be the unicorn you are I guess :tongue:

LOL no way :3
Original post by A Gentleman
You look socially awkward. How often do you go out?

It's mean :O
@PalindromeGirl you are pretty :love:
lol

Latest