The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2016!

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd make this thread as we only had the 'hopefuls' thread.
I thought we could use this thread to help each other make those 'fun' important descions and find others on our course!

Subject: Biosciences
Offer:AAA
College applied to: St.Johns
College assigned to: St.Johns!

Congrats everyone!

Info for any prospective students:
Alevels: Psychology, Biology and Maths
AS:BBBC
A2 predicted:AAA
A2 expecting:AAB (maths was awful)
A2 results: A*AA
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Congrats on your offer!

Subjects: History(BA) and Ancient, Medieval, and Modern History(BA)
Offers: Unconditional (I'm international so I already have my results)
College applied to: St. Chad's

Durham is probably my first choice so I was really excited to get an offer for AMMH! Anyone else apply to St. Chad's?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Subject: Computer Science
Offer: AAA
I'm just hoping I get allocated to Chads, I really liked the college on the open day.
Reply 3
Original post by Kittykat1014
Congrats on your offer!

Subjects: History(BA) and Ancient, Medieval, and Modern History(BA)
Offers: Unconditional (I'm international so I already have my results)

Durham is probably my first choice so I was really excited to get an offer for AMMH! Anyone else apply to St. Chad's?

Ooo I could be seeing you at Chad's, how exciting! Where are you applying from?
Original post by Lunge
Ooo I could be seeing you at Chad's, how exciting! Where are you applying from?

Wow I think you're the first person I've seen on here that's also applied to Chad's!
I'm applying from California. What about you?
Reply 5
Wow I think you're the first person I've seen on here that's also applied to Chad's!

I'm from the Midlands in England so Durham is only a few hours away. Is Durham your first choice? I'm not sure how I'm going to decide between my choices, best of luck with your applications!
Original post by Lunge
I'm from the Midlands in England so Durham is only a few hours away. Is Durham your first choice? I'm not sure how I'm going to decide between my choices, best of luck with your applications!

Yeah, Durham's my first choice so I'm pretty excited about attending. What about you? Where else have you applied?
Thanks and good luck with deciding on a Uni!
Reply 7
Yeah, Durham's my first choice so I'm pretty excited about attending. What about you? Where else have you applied?
Thanks and good luck with deciding on a Uni!

I've applied to Warwick,York,Bath and Oxford too, I've got offers from the first three and hopefully I'll hear from Oxford soon. I can't wait to go to any of them, I think I'll need to go back again to see Durham and the others as they all have certain aspects that differentiate them. As you're from California have you managed to come over to see St Chad's and Durham? If not you've made a great choice so don't worry :smile:
Original post by Lunge
I've applied to Warwick,York,Bath and Oxford too, I've got offers from the first three and hopefully I'll hear from Oxford soon. I can't wait to go to any of them, I think I'll need to go back again to see Durham and the others as they all have certain aspects that differentiate them. As you're from California have you managed to come over to see St Chad's and Durham? If not you've made a great choice so don't worry :smile:

I also applied to York and Oxford! I keep checking my email to make sure I haven't missed an invitation to interview at Oxford and it's honestly so nerve-racking. If I do go over to interview, I'll go see Durham (for the first time!) as well.
Haha thanks, I think so too. :smile: St. Chad's looked really friendly online, and it's proximity to the History department didn't hurt. I definitely have my fingers crossed that I don't get allocated into a different college, especially one that's not on the Bailey.
Reply 9
Congratulations on your offers everyone! :smile:

Subject: Biology (MBiol)
Offer: unconditional (on a gap year so I already have my A level results)
College: University college

University college seems pretty oversubscribed but it's worth a shot, right? :biggrin:
Hello! I have an offer :smile:

Subject: Combined Honors in Social Science
Offer: 5.0 average (Norwegian qualifications)
College: Originally open, but I'm changing it to St. Chad's

Yay another St. Chad's international! I'm half Norwegian/American, I live in Norway though :biggrin:
Got my offer form Durham 3 weeks ago, on the second day after they send me the acknowledgement.

Only requires AB in A2 level including Chinese... Due to my first language is Chinese, so it means I only have to get an B this year to get into Durham. YAHHHHH.
Original post by keweixie
Got my offer form Durham 3 weeks ago, on the second day after they send me the acknowledgement.

Only requires AB in A2 level including Chinese... Due to my first language is Chinese, so it means I only have to get an B this year to get into Durham. YAHHHHH.

What's your course?
Reply 14
Calling all American applicants/offer holders:

Do we need to send scores through the
College Board too or is the UCAS enough? I emailed the international office but they haven't got back yet.
(Edit:they got back, never mind!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Subject: Psychology
Offer:AAA
College applied to: Hatfield!! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by astriddd
Hello! I have an offer :smile:

Subject: Combined Honors in Social Science
Offer: 5.0 average (Norwegian qualifications)

When did you submit your ucas? (Also applied for combined honors and am international :smile: )
Original post by azafran
When did you submit your ucas? (Also applied for combined honors and am international :smile: )

Mid-october, as I also applied to Cambridge :smile:
Reply 18
Subject: Natural Sciences (Anthropology and Biology)
Offer: Above 700 on SAT II Biology (I am an international applicant from the US, so no A levels) and above 6.5 on IELTS(English language proficiency exam. Apparently having lived in the United States since I was one didn't convince the office of admissions I spoke English, but oh well. It ought to be an easy exam. )
College: It says campus code Z, I have no clue what that means,

I applied in early October since I am also applying to Oxford.

Original post by azafran
Calling all American applicants/offer holders:

Do we need to send scores through the
College Board too or is the UCAS enough? I emailed the international office but they haven't got back yet.
(Edit:they got back, never mind!)

For the benefit of other US applicants what did they say?

Original post by astriddd

How did you change it?

In addition, I have never visited Durham, so I wouldn't mind if someone could tell me the main differences between colleges, and maybe recommend one. I would prefer an older college.
Reply 19
We only need to send a score report if we recieve an offer AND decide to go.

Congrats on your offer!

And Z means you been given an offer and are now waiting for allocation (pretty sure)

Quick Reply