The Student Room Group

Dark, Sequestered, Lonely Path To 9 A*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by HeimIX
Konichiwa:u:

So Basically, I've been really angry lately, Ive finally tracked down the root to my problems, after hard and excruciating examinations i finally came up with a conclusion:

I am Stupid.

For my Mock Examinations I got:

English Language: B
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Physics: B
Chemistry: B
RE: A (should of been an A* but unicorns don't exist)
Spanish: A*
Music Technology: B (Merit)
Drama: B (should of been an A* but we breathe air)

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash

As reference, for A levels I want to study:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(not sure for the fourth Computing/ Further Maths)

So I have decided to document my revision everyday for the next 30 days which will be our first GCSE Exam :s-smilie:.

In the Future I would like to Study Economics At Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or Imperial, respectively. After this I want to be a Stock Broker/ Inv. Banker.:colonhash:

My current Year, Year 11 will be the last Year to do the current/old syllabus, this has been staged as another incentive for me to get the best grades possible.

Grades I Want To Get By The End of Year 11:

English Language: A*/A
English Literature: A
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A* - Easy
Spanish: A* - Easy
Music Technology: Distinction (A)
Drama: A* - Easy

These are the Grades I will need to get into Wallington Grammar School For Sixth Form (Ive already gotten into my first choice, However I'm not sure whether to pick that or Wallington)

My Revision will Entail:

Going over each topic, making mind maps - I find these to be more effective.

I have printed about 5-6 Past Papers for each Topic and I plan to finish these by the end of the Easter Break.

However I'm still not sure how to revise both (English's? Englishes? Engli?) so any help will be appreciated.

Lastly I have made a Time Table for My revision which is here:

So you can also use it if you find it to be effective for yourself. ( I would like to seize this opportunity to apologise for the diabolical colour scheme, Forgive me.)

TimeTable.png

I would be delighted if any of you embarked on my mission along side me.
This is really just to help me with motivation as Im just a box of lethargy:h:
I shall be posting daily at the specified time on the time table.

Gracias,
Kharis.

Damn, another prospective Investment Banker! :biggrin:

Great job on the blog so far. I'll be following you seen as we have similar higher education and career aspirations.

Hope you've had some effective revision so far! :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Sage25
Damn, another prospective Investment Banker! :biggrin:

Great job on the blog so far. I'll be following you seen as we have similar higher education and career aspirations.

Hope you've had some effective revision so far! :smile:

I actually got inspiration to start this from your blog, so its great to hear you like it! thanks!
Reply 82
Original post by HeimIX
I actually got inspiration to start this from your blog, so its great to hear you like it! thanks!

That's great to hear! Hope your revision goes well. :smile:

As I said before, I'll be following you since you've got an interest in IB.

PM me if you want to talk about anything IB/Uni related! :biggrin:
what do people mean by YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL NO MATTER WHAT, surely if everyone is beautiful then no one is beautiful !!! surely non-beauty is required for beauty !
I'm never getting an A in English😁
Reply 85
Original post by Sage25
That's great to hear! Hope your revision goes well. :smile:

As I said before, I'll be following you since you've got an interest in IB.

PM me if you want to talk about anything IB/Uni related! :biggrin:

Will do:biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by LittleIrishGeek
I'm never getting an A in English😁

LOL thats what i tell myself, but no harm in trying!
Hi - for AS I did Maths, Further Maths, French, Economics and Physics
For the englishes (don't know if that's how you say it haha) I just did a lot of practice essays/papers and made sure I had at least a paragraph on any possible question that could come up

Original post by HeimIX
Dang, 9 A*'s
CH40cPeWEAAcdZ7.png

How long did it take you to revise each subject thoroughly

How did you revise the (English's? Englishes? Engli? Can never seem to get that right)

What did you pick for A levels

:smile:
GCSEs: english lit, english lang, french, german, dt, geography, maths, further maths, biology, chemistry, physics
AS: further maths, maths, french, economics, physics

How did I revise is a bit general! Learning the key notes, and practice papers. Never underestimate the importance of practice papers (where you do them, and mark them making notes on answers you got wrong that you then revise again)!

Original post by rohit301099
Oh what GCSEs and A levels did you do? How did you revise?
Original post by HeimIX
Konichiwa:u:

So Basically, I've been really angry lately, Ive finally tracked down the root to my problems, after hard and excruciating examinations i finally came up with a conclusion:

I am Stupid.

For my Mock Examinations I got:

English Language: B
English Literature: C
Maths: B
Physics: B
Chemistry: B
RE: A (should of been an A* but unicorns don't exist)
Spanish: A*
Music Technology: B (Merit)
Drama: B (should of been an A* but we breathe air)

Overall I consider these results to be straight up Trash

As reference, for A levels I want to study:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(not sure for the fourth Computing/ Further Maths)

So I have decided to document my revision everyday for the next 30 days which will be our first GCSE Exam :s-smilie:.

In the Future I would like to Study Economics At Oxford, Cambridge, LSE or Imperial, respectively. After this I want to be a Stock Broker/ Inv. Banker.:colonhash:

My current Year, Year 11 will be the last Year to do the current/old syllabus, this has been staged as another incentive for me to get the best grades possible.

Grades I Want To Get By The End of Year 11:

English Language: A*/A
English Literature: A
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A* - Easy
Spanish: A* - Easy
Music Technology: Distinction (A)
Drama: A* - Easy

These are the Grades I will need to get into Wallington Grammar School For Sixth Form (Ive already gotten into my first choice, However I'm not sure whether to pick that or Wallington)

My Revision will Entail:

Going over each topic, making mind maps - I find these to be more effective.

I have printed about 5-6 Past Papers for each Topic and I plan to finish these by the end of the Easter Break.

However I'm still not sure how to revise both (English's? Englishes? Engli?) so any help will be appreciated.

Lastly I have made a Time Table for My revision which is here:

So you can also use it if you find it to be effective for yourself. ( I would like to seize this opportunity to apologise for the diabolical colour scheme, Forgive me.)

TimeTable.png

I would be delighted if any of you embarked on my mission along side me.
This is really just to help me with motivation as Im just a box of lethargy:h:
I shall be posting daily at the specified time on the time table.

Gracias,
Kharis.

What exam board do you do for maths?
ahhh..i wish i could get these results so much
Reply 91
Original post by zXcodeXz
What exam board do you do for maths?

edexcel
Original post by HeimIX
edexcel

Oh I'm doing AQA but I find edexcel easier their wording of the question is easy to understand
Reply 93
Original post by LaurieHarris
Hi - for AS I did Maths, Further Maths, French, Economics and Physics
For the englishes (don't know if that's how you say it haha) I just did a lot of practice essays/papers and made sure I had at least a paragraph on any possible question that could come up

Wow, thank you! Will definitely use these tips thou has graciously bestowed upone'th me:u:
Reply 94
Sunday 3 April.

NAMASTE (Hindi)

Woke up today feeling really feeling motivated about doing some saintly revision, which was started according to schedule:u:.
First started off by watching some Science which was in my inbox on the good 'ol YT, after i did this i was about an hour behind on schedule! I had missed out maths for the whole day and missed 48 mins of chemistry so i buckled down and tried to fit as much Chem as I could. I couldn't be arsed to move on to physics so i just did chemistry the whole day. I finally finished all of Chemistry PRAISE SCIENCE! Now i can start on some chemistry past papers after a good recap on C1, 2, and 3. Im actually really excited to be doing past papers again, i love doing exams.

Tomorrow i shall venture into the realms of maths, physics and RE with some time to look over my Chem notes.

Hoping for A's and above on the upcoming test past papers.
Original post by HeimIX
Yeah, Im actually terrible at English essays, I find it hard to come up with diverse ways of writing paragraphs etc. I can analyse a poem very well, but writing an essay on it is a no no.

For maths I went from a D to and A in about 2 months, I just watched lots of past papers and did edexcel worksheets which you can find Here. On YouTube there is on guy who helped me tremendously his name is 'Achieve Maths', I used to watch on of his past paper walkthroughs every day before i went to bed. To push yourself to an A* i think theres a GCSE A* Questions only worksheet, i would link it buts its a DOC file so I will link the google page which Is Here and its the last one down :smile:

Hii- thanks for the info!
...About the GCSE A* Questions only worksheet do you mind linking it again please, because I cant seem to find them :s-smilie:
Reply 96
Original post by marie_290
Hii- thanks for the info!
...About the GCSE A* Questions only worksheet do you mind linking it again please, because I cant seem to find them :s-smilie:

Hm I see the problem, when I click on the link the questions don't show up for me also.

HAHAR after extensive research I have found one of them :colonhash:

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/a-gcse-maths-paper-6322457

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiMzMCLgPXLAhVJlCwKHSZAAEY4ChAWCBswAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mrbartonmaths.com%2Fresources%2FGCSE%2520Revision%2FPast%2520Papers%2FBadly%2520Answered%2520A%2520and%2520A-star%2520Questions%2FGCSE%2520Astar%2520paper.doc&usg=AFQjCNFvpsKVueBoVg9SzCIlvKymJUEwMg&sig2=EV5eHlxTT0T9Y1ylf3sTJg&bvm=bv.118443451,d.bGg

If it still doesn't work tell me and Ill try and find the other ones :smile:
May the revision be with you.
Original post by HeimIX
Thank you, young sir.

I bid you a goodnight.

*Madam :biggrin:
Reply 99
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
*Madam :biggrin:

Pardonnez-moi ma dame:u:

Quick Reply

Latest