The Student Room Group

Geophysics at UCL or Southampton?

Hi I'm really struggling to decide between UCL and Southampton for geophysics. They have both given me an offer of ABB. Any opinions to help me compare the two Uni's would be appreciated.
Have you looked in detail at the course structures? There are likely to be big differences in terms of what modules are available - pick whichever course interests you most. I would also recommend going to a post-offer open day to look around and think about what it'd actually be like living there.
Reply 2
Original post by GeorgiaQ
Hi I'm really struggling to decide between UCL and Southampton for geophysics. They have both given me an offer of ABB. Any opinions to help me compare the two Uni's would be appreciated.

Hi,
I've applied for geophysics too :smile: but trying to decide between Edinburgh and Southampton! I was gonna apply to ucl and imperial but didn't fancy London because everyone said the accommodation is so far from the main sites. Also the summer placements sound quite good at Southampton from what I've heard.. Hopefully I'll see you at Southampton next year :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by hann4h
Hi,
I've applied for geophysics too :smile: but trying to decide between Edinburgh and Southampton! I was gonna apply to ucl and imperial but didn't fancy London because everyone said the accommodation is so far from the main sites. Also the summer placements sound quite good at Southampton from what I've heard.. Hopefully I'll see you at Southampton next year :wink:

Well first year the accommodation at UCL is very close to the campus but after that it depends where you want to live and how much you want to pay I suppose. Southampton is very spread out though, you'd have to get a bus everywhere. At least in London you have shops, gyms etc very close to you. The two uni's are very different but I like them equally. UCL is a higher Caliber uni which is convincing me because some jobs I found online only wanted people from UCL, Imperial and Oxbridge. It's such a hard decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Do you think that Southampton would be more practical than UCL with them having the National Oceanography Centre?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending