The Student Room Group

Taking a break from my girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Never understood going on a break, just seems a milder version of breaking up. You either try and solve the problems or end it.
If you're having a rough patch you need to learn to do things differently in order to fix the problem, not just run away and come back fresh - those annoyances will only come back.
Original post by Rhythmical
To be honest, a break won't solve anything because ultimately it will end in a split. Your relationship is new, too new that problems shouldn't be arising so soon. If you've hit a rough patch, talk to her and give her some space. A break will lead to insecurity, facing even more problems and getting back to square one. If it leads to a break, it's time to split up.

True :smile:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
True :smile:

It's only true because I said it haha
Original post by Rhythmical
It's only true because I said it haha

yes,yes it is
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
yes,yes it is

Lol I feel special.
I don't see the harm in a break, depending on the rules set in place. Most people seem to think that a break is an opportunity to meet other people and sleep around, but if you set boundaries to prevent that, then there shouldn't be an issue unless one of you breaks those boundaries.

I will say that a break at this stage of the relationship is probably a bad idea. If anything, it's a red flag and perhaps an indication to break up entirely. If you do need a break though, don't label it as such and just ask that you spend some time away from each other.

Good luck. :smile:
Breaks don't work, if you manage to get back together after a break she'll wonder why you needed to be away from her and she won't feel loved and her insecurities will damage the relationship and it will end with splitting for good. What would the rules be? would you be allowed to get with other people because you're not technically together, this would hurt her feelings but also think about it...how would you also feel with seeing her with other people? This will only cause jealousy and hurt and its hard to get back together after. 3 months isn't a very long time so if you're thinking about a spilt that far into the relationship then i'd consider if you actually have feelings for each other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending