The Student Room Group

Net Present Value

Can anyone help me answer this question?
Suppose an investment opportunity with a cash flow of $3000 each year for the first 3 years, and $2000 from year 4 in perpetuity. With initial investment of $18000. What is the NPV of the investment if r=10% ?

I know that you have to derive the first 3 years and then at year 3 using the formula C/r, then derive the PV. But i still get the wrong answer.
Help? ;S
Original post by adusiiaa0069
Suppose an investment opportunity with a cash flow of $3000 each year for the first 3 years, and $2000 from year 4 in perpetuity. With initial investment of $18000. What is the NPV of the investment if r=10% ?

I know that you have to derive the first 3 years and then at year 3 using the formula C/r, then derive the PV. But i still get the wrong answer.
Help? ;S

I've moved this to the Accounting and finance study help forum
Original post by adusiiaa0069

Help? ;S

Still need help with this question?

Remember that the perpetuity itself needs to be discounted back to year 1 - this is where you are most likely going wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest