The Student Room Group

Any other guys scared they'll never meet girls as good as when they were at uni?

So when I was at uni I was in a relationship, and my gf was great. She's very pretty (continuously hit on by guys), intelligent & educated (we went to top 5 uni), and very funny, and a gentle loving soul.

But ever since graduating and dating in London, none of the girls I've dated have been anywhere near as good as her overall. And as you get older you become less interested in just boning every woman you see, and more interested in finding a high quality mate to have long term relationship with (maybe even get married eventually).

There are women at work, but I work in a high pressure job that doesnt really appeal to women, so the women that we do have are a bit manly in personality, and not many fitties. So I'm scared, because I realise I may never meet anyone as good as my ex again.
Well it depends on the uni because my benchmark I met before I went, couldn't find anyone to compare when I got there and yeah I get that feeling, that you'll never find anyone quite so special. Just got to keep moving forward and focus on yourself, there's got to be one girl out there that's at least good enough.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Girls are at their prime during uni. It's never gonna be better than that.
If you made the mistake of having a gf during this period, i dont know what to tell you.

Time to lay down and rot, it's all over boyo.
Reply 3
Original post by Isildur1
Girls are at their prime during uni. It's never gonna be better than that.
If you made the mistake of having a gf during this period, i dont know what to tell you.

Time to lay down and rot, it's all over boyo.

lol ty men, but I smashed my fair share of sloots in my 1st year, so I'm sweet
Reply 4
I often think to myself that my ex was everything that I could've asked for in a partner. But, your ex is an ex for a reason, it obviously wasn't as good as you thought otherwise you'd still be with her, right?

It's so hard not to compare future partners to you ex, but you've got to be open minded and lower your expectations a bit.

If you really do think your ex was perfect why not try relighting the fire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My crush has set the benchmark impossibly high for anyone to ever even come close to. I will now never ever be with someone because she's too special
I don't get girls now, I stand no chance when I'm older. :redface:
I'm the opposite. I think most students are a waste of space and I despise the culture, the drinking, the promiscuity etc. Can't wait to graduate to find someone decent. A lot of students are ugly anyway too much smoking, drinking and nasty food most don't exercise and they look busted before they even make it to 21.
I didn't even get to smash a load of sloots :cry:
Scared I'll never meet anyone tbh
Original post by Anonymous
I'm the opposite. I think most students are a waste of space and I despise the culture, the drinking, the promiscuity etc. Can't wait to graduate to find someone decent. A lot of students are ugly anyway too much smoking, drinking and nasty food most don't exercise and they look busted before they even make it to 21.

Bruh :colonhash:
Original post by Blondie987
Bruh :colonhash:

I'm actually a girl :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm actually a girl :tongue:

Sis :colonhash:
Original post by Black Cobra
So when I was at uni I was in a relationship, and my gf was great. She's very pretty (continuously hit on by guys), intelligent & educated (we went to top 5 uni), and very funny, and a gentle loving soul.

But ever since graduating and dating in London, none of the girls I've dated have been anywhere near as good as her overall. And as you get older you become less interested in just boning every woman you see, and more interested in finding a high quality mate to have long term relationship with (maybe even get married eventually).

There are women at work, but I work in a high pressure job that doesnt really appeal to women, so the women that we do have are a bit manly in personality, and not many fitties. So I'm scared, because I realise I may never meet anyone as good as my ex again.

I went to a mostly male uni. There were two girls in our entire intake. And I think one of them was a lesbian.
Original post by XMaramena
I went to a mostly male uni. There were two girls in our entire intake. And I think one of them was a lesbian.

Where did you go?
Original post by ememoville
Where did you go?

A dedicated audio engineering university in London - turns out not many girls want degrees in audio engineering, go figure :P

Other downsides to it was that there was no union, no halls, no societies or extra curricular stuff, and no social aspect whatsoever. Nobody really spoke to anyone there, I didn't make a single friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending