The Student Room Group

Revising all night and relax in the day?

Im do desperate to get a c in maths and science but during the day i get so distracted so is revisng all night good
As long as you are revising and it's all going in then it doesn't matter.

Just make sure you get enough sleep though
What's your definition of 'all night'? :tongue:

If you're talking about doing work from 2am till 5am because you're most productive then.. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I'm doing the same thing :redface: If it works for you then go for it.
Reply 4
It's what I'm doing :lol:
Why are you getting distracted during the day?

You need a certain amount of sleep and rest so you give your body time to refresh. I used to study late until 3am, but that was it.
See how it goes, but imo I would stop getting distracted during the day and focus on working in normal hours.
Does this method actually work for people? I find I'm most productive for the few hours after I wake up, regardless of when I sleep. The longer I'm awake, the more unproductive I become after a while.
Original post by Moonstruck16
Does this method actually work for people? I find I'm most productive for the few hours after I wake up, regardless of when I sleep. The longer I'm awake, the more unproductive I become after a while.

I'm the opposite, I cannot concentrate when I first wake up.

I tend to work best at night for a variety of reasons: less distractions, it's quieter and I'm more awake.
Original post by waleed29
Im do desperate to get a c in maths and science but during the day i get so distracted so is revisng all night good

I revised until 1230/1am and woke up at 430/5am and continued to revise for a while and I managed to pass, which was surprising considering I started revising really late and I find it difficult to remember things especially anything science related. I actually found it easier to revise at night as I concentrated more and I had little distraction. As long as you don't over do it and get at least a couple hours sleep you'll be fine.
Reply 9
Thanks
Reply 10
So is the first night always difficult? And im going to start at 12 how many hours should i do and what do i do to stay up !

This is exactly what I do as I'm a "night owl" and has always worked best for me!!! If it works for you go for it, only if you're more nocturnal!!!

If you're active during the day as well you might be too tired at night.

What are the distractions btw? :colone:
Reply 12
So is the first night always difficult? And im going to start at 12 how many hours should i do and what do i do to stay up !

How many hours you think you need. I wouldn't recommend trying to force yourself to stay up if you're really that tired because you're likely to forget it all anyway. Maybe drink some coffee?
Reply 13
Lol the coffee has run out all i have is tea and juice😠
Reply 14
Hey just done 1 hour of maths and biology. During the day do i have to do more revison ? or is 3 to 4 hours good enough in the night

Quick Reply