The Student Room Group

Business or Psychology GCSE?

Hi,
I am a GCSE Student. Currently I am doing and I know will take a GCSE in are English Literature, English Language, History, Geography, Spanish, Core Science, Additional Science and Religious Education. I am doing BTEC Sport.
However, the exams for triple science are soon and hopefully I get in. This means I could get Biology, Chemistry and Physics as separate GCSE's. Anyway, that is just background information.
I have to choose my second option and I do not know whether to do Business or Psychology. I like them both equally, but has anyone done them and what are their experiences with it, and what did they achieve?
I am going to be doing the new GCSE System in all my GCSE'S except Geography, which means it is way harder and the marking system is 9-1, 9 is a higher grade than an A*. Our exams are harder in a way that we have to memorise all the Science precipitate reactions, equations, some of the periodic table etc
Reply 1
cool nice choice:smile:
I do Business Studies so I can't really say for Psychology but I'm glad I choose it as it is a very relaxing subject in cognition with triple science-triple science is a lot of work and Business (if you're doing edexcel) is a multiple choice paper and the other paper is purely common sense really! I got full marks in my mock and also coursework so if you want a relaxing GCSE I would preferably choose that one!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
I'm currently doing edexcel Business Studies and I love it! The specification is mainly common sense really, for example, things like how a business can improve profits and get more customers. In my opinion, the subject is really interesting and is easy to get high grades with very little revision! It is one of my favourite subjects aside ICT and art, I'm planning to take it at A-level. My grade currently is an A but I hope to get an A* with my final exam, I got an A* in my coursework. I really reccomend taking Business Studies, I'm so glad I did! If you have any queries just ask! :smile: :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sheeplover
I'm currently doing edexcel Business Studies and I love it! The specification is mainly common sense really, for example, things like how a business can improve profits and get more customers. In my opinion, the subject is really interesting and is easy to get high grades with very little revision! It is one of my favourite subjects aside ICT and art, I'm planning to take it at A-level. My grade currently is an A but I hope to get an A* with my final exam, I got an A* in my coursework. I really reccomend taking Business Studies, I'm so glad I did! If you have any queries just ask! :smile: :smile:

Hi, Thank You for replying! I am not sure on my School's exam board of Business Studies, but they are doing Business & Communication. I am interested in how Businesses work and all the customer, profits type of thing. Do you have controlled assessments?
Reply 5
Original post by chrlhyms
I do Business Studies so I can't really say for Psychology but I'm glad I choose it as it is a very relaxing subject in cognition with triple science-triple science is a lot of work and Business (if you're doing edexcel) is a multiple choice paper and the other paper is purely common sense really! I got full marks in my mock and also coursework so if you want a relaxing GCSE I would preferably choose that one!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for replying!
Wow, well done! What year are you in?
Original post by reinaadira
Thanks for replying!
Wow, well done! What year are you in?

I'm in year 11!
Reply 7
Original post by chrlhyms
I'm in year 11!

Have you done your controlled assessment in Business?
Original post by reinaadira
Have you done your controlled assessment in Business?

The coursework? Yeah I have it was quite nice this year; do you have any questions on it? I didn't have a teacher for the whole time so I had to do it all myself
Not controlled assessments as such but a CAU ( not sure if they're the same haha) but it's worth 25% of the final GCSE grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sheeplover

I'm currently in the same situation, I can't decide which one to choose between psychology and business. I know you have done it 4 years ago or maybe more than that but could you please tell me what book did you use for the business GCSE?

Quick Reply

Latest