The Student Room Group

One month until GCSEs - tips

I'm predicted all A stars and one A but I have left my revision until now (one month before my first exams). So far in my mocks I have only gotten a stars and the occasional A without revision but I think that the system in my school is kind of flawed so I take those grades with a pinch of salt.
I dont know how to revise effectively for my additional and further sciences (mainly because i have so much material just sitting in my room and I dont know where to start). I have to learn RE and french from scratch because of crap teaching and I havent started at all on history, geography or english ( even though I'm not too stressed about english or maths) Could I get all a stars or is it too late and does anyone have any tips to help me for science?
there are probably a lot of these threads but im really stressed out and could do with some reassurance or advice.
Thanks.
Original post by za07
I'm predicted all A stars and one A but I have left my revision until now (one month before my first exams). So far in my mocks I have only gotten a stars and the occasional A without revision but I think that the system in my school is kind of flawed so I take those grades with a pinch of salt.
I dont know how to revise effectively for my additional and further sciences (mainly because i have so much material just sitting in my room and I dont know where to start). I have to learn RE and french from scratch because of crap teaching and I havent started at all on history, geography or english ( even though I'm not too stressed about english or maths) Could I get all a stars or is it too late and does anyone have any tips to help me for science?
there are probably a lot of these threads but im really stressed out and could do with some reassurance or advice.
Thanks.

the fact that you got all A*s without revision shows ur confident in material (i am envious)

so i would say you should do past papers. btw...if you're predicted all a stars there is no reason to be stressed out
Reply 2
Original post by Username3097486
the fact that you got all A*s without revision shows ur confident in material (i am envious)

so i would say you should do past papers. btw...if you're predicted all a stars there is no reason to be stressed out

Thanks. I've been exrtemely complacent because of my mocks but i have a really bad feeling that it will backfire on me. I'll take your advice and test myself so I can hopefully learn from tests at home.
Original post by za07
Thanks.

It's not too late to get some good revision in for the exams, I would say if you haven't already, make a revision time table so you can make sure you get what you need to do done and being more prepared should help you to be less stressed!

For the sciences in particular, past papers are crucial and make sure you allow enough time to do as many as you can. To learn the specification: I would recommend making flash cards and mind maps or some people prefer to use the scribble method...whatever works for you!

Good luck with your exams! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest