The Student Room Group

Funding when changing university

So, I started uni in September 2014 and I didn't like it there so i left in February 2015 after Student Finance paid for the first two terms. I then started a new course in the same month back in London at a different uni.

My second year started in February just gone so i'm not even two months in, I want to change my university on the same course so i'm closer to home because i got a driving ban.

Will student finance fund me for second year and third year in a new uni starting September 16 after all the funding they have given me?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by changing-uni
So, I started uni in September 2014 and I didn't like it there so i left in February 2015 after Student Finance paid for the first two terms. I then started a new course in the same month back in London at a different uni.My second year started in February just gone so i'm not even two months in, I want to change my university on the same course so i'm closer to home because i got a driving ban.Will student finance fund me for second year and third year in a new uni starting September 16 after all the funding they have given me?
It isn't the number of universities you attend but the number of years you get funded for.If you can arrange to move into Yr 2 of a university close to home then it shouldn't cause any issues with funding as your degree wont last any longer than expected. You just need to notify SFE that you'll be moving and make sure your new university send the details through confirming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending