The Student Room Group

There are more men than women and women still complain about being single...

2011 Census showed that there are 85000 more males aged 15-19 in the UK than females, and 31000 more aged 20-24.

If you're a women who complains about being single, your standards are too high. The end.
Yeah but darling not every woman wants to :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: men yeah? some of us might like the girls innit :h:
This confuses me majorly.
Not all men, nor all women were created equal, I'm afraid.
If you're a woman complaining about being single, you're not making yourself easy enough. I know because I'm easy. :teeth:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah but darling not every woman wants to :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: men yeah? some of us might like the girls innit :h:

Yes, but even accounting for that there's a very large surplus of men.
Reply 6
Original post by Supersaps
Not all men, nor all women were created equal, I'm afraid.

Statistics show there are more overweight women than men. I think that makes it worse.

That makes no sense tho :lol: ok so there might be more men than women but then for a woman who wants a woman then surely your whole argument is invalid as you are assuming all women want men? and im pretty sure it is harder to find a woman who likes women than it is to find a man who wants a woman lol.
Plus relationships are two way so if these 'moany' women in question want a man then surely the man cant complain either cos he is with a woman :erm:?

men are usually uglier than women.
please tell me of that figure how many of those men are attractive as well as sweet that you would want to enter a relationship with them and they won't f*ck you over.
Reply 9
men are usually uglier than women.
please tell me of that figure how many of those men are attractive as well as sweet that you would want to enter a relationship with them and they won't f*ck you over.

Exactly my point - high standards.

Human attractive hits the same bell curve for males and females objectively. Due to nature, males are actually more attractive than females - the gender that does the chasing is the pretty one (it's why we're also bigger in size).

A lot of guys who are your real-life looks-matches will date you AND be sweet AND not :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: you over, if you gave them a chance.

Human attractive hits the same bell curve for males and females objectively. Due to nature, males are actually more attractive than females - the gender that does the chasing is the pretty one (it's why we're also bigger in size).

A lot of guys who are your real-life looks-matches will date you AND be sweet AND not :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: you over, if you gave them a chance.

that's interesting. Really there are more attractive men in this world than there are women????

oh wait I should've mentioned my answer is not in reference to myself lol.
so last point, I know there is :biggrin:

just my answer was what seems to be the issue for alot of women.

also if women didn't have high standards, we'd want babies will every male LOL (figuratively).
So our high standards, ensure selecting a better quality male. Means we are more likely to be loyal, I think it's good we aren't just attracted to any odd bob.
that's interesting. Really there are more attractive men in this world than there are women????

oh wait I should've mentioned my answer is not in reference to myself lol.
so last point, I know there is :biggrin:

just my answer was what seems to be the issue for alot of women.

No, there aren't more attractive men in the world, it's just men are made to physically attractive and for women you just have to be average (men are proven to be less picky).

That's also why Chad, you're 6'2 handsome white guy will :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: 10 girls at sixth form whilst Bob and his 8 friends will be virgins for quite a while. Girls want the best guys, and guys being less picky means they can have them (for a while).
also if women didn't have high standards, we'd want babies will every male LOL (figuratively).
So our high standards, ensure selecting a better quality male. Means we are more likely to be loyal, I think it's good we aren't just attracted to any odd bob.

It's about being attracted to the guy you're matched in looks with and nothing below that.
Reply 14
It Quality as well as Quantity it would seem.
2011 Census showed that there are 85000 more males aged 15-19 in the UK than females, and 31000 more aged 20-24.

If you're a women who complains about being single, your standards are too high. The end.

Considering that men are more likely to be obese and criminal than women. I don't think women's standards are "too high".
No one is entitled to love. If you are unwilling to improve yourself (which evidently many are) then you have no recourse to complain about being single.

Quick Reply