The Student Room Group

Uni problem-can't make up my mind!

Hey Guys,

So I just graduated from Wycombe Abbey and I literally can't make up my mind between the following universities: St. Andrews, Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Bristol and Kent. I will be studying a degree in Politics and one in English Language & Literature (all bachelor's). I have got accepted into all of them except I'm still waiting for Bristol. Everyone says that I should go to Oxford, as it is number one for the following courses I have chosen (according to league tables provided online). I hear it's good academically, but that's not only what I want. I'm looking for a place where I'm surrounded with particularly genuine students, but I hope for the university to have a relaxed environment (not too relaxed!). I'm starting to want to throw away the option of going to Oxford as I honestly don't want to go to such a competitive university as I do want to enjoy my student life. I am also considering student life in the cities (locations of universities) but my parents and past teachers all say that I shouldn't as I will be given lots of opportunities at Oxford. I am still considering St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Kent not sure about Bristol along with Oxford. Any help guys? Do the league tables ranking method really make a difference?
Reply 1
[QUOTE=PrettyGirlx;63885635]Hey Guys,

So I just graduated from Wycombe Abbey and I literally can't make up my mind between the following universities: St. Andrews, Oxford, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Bristol and Kent. I will be studying a degree in Politics and one in English Language & Literature (all bachelor's). I have got accepted into all of them except I'm still waiting for Bristol. Everyone says that I should go to Oxford, as it is number one for the following courses I have chosen (according to league tables provided online). I hear it's good academically, but that's not only what I want. I'm looking for a place where I'm surrounded with particularly genuine students, but I hope for the university to have a relaxed environment (not too relaxed!). I'm starting to want to throw away the option of going to Oxford as I honestly don't want to go to such a competitive university as I do want to enjoy my student life. I am also considering student life in the cities (locations of universities) but my parents and past teachers all say that I shouldn't as I will be given lots of opportunities at Oxford. I am still considering St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Kent not sure about Bristol along with Oxford. Any help guys? Do the league tables ranking method really make a difference?

How on earth did u get 6 offers, exceeding the UCAS' limit of 5 applications???
Moved to Applications and UCAS
I'd go to Oxford, but you need to choose the one that suits you. You clearly have some criteria and should follow through with them. Visiting a place really helps, so make sure you do that. Great choice to have. Good luck.

Have a look at Ethereal world's blog as it might give you some insight or book an appountment for her friends list.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3858445&page=87&p=63655883#post63655883
Original post by Jj15
How on earth did u get 6 offers, exceeding the UCAS' limit of 5 applications???

American bs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot

Wycombe Abbey is an all girls' school in England.
Original post by yl95
Wycombe Abbey is an all girls' school in England.

I know, I used to live near the school. The use of the word 'graduated' and the general tone seemed vaguely American. The six applications and the two degrees smelled of bs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ageshallnot
I know, I used to live near the school. The use of the word 'graduated' and the general tone seemed vaguely American. The six applications and the two degrees smelled of bs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, sorry! Ignored the 'bs' part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending