The Student Room Group

How do you like your steak?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MountKimbie

Spoiler

Whipped this up a few days earlier.

How do you like your steak? And do you think there is a difference in taste between rump/ribeye/fillet that is worth the variation in price?

medium rare and yes definately between rump and fillet as if i am serving a large group the i'd go rump as it still tastes good but is cheaper but if it dinner for one (or two :wink:) then i'll got for fillet
Reply 81
Rare.
When buying steak ALWAYS look for the marbling (The white specs of fat which decorate the meat) The more specs you see the juicier the steak will be when you eat it. You do not always have to have a big strip of fat on the side.. the best steaks always have many white speckles the more the better.. this is how you buy quality meat.
medium well.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not much of a rant.

He handled that very well. He didn't yell at them to :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: off once.
Original post by queen-bee
Mine needs to be proper cooked,I wonder how people manage to eat theirs with blood dripping

It's not blood; it's myoglobin. If you don't like the fact your food contains bodily fluids, I suggest you refrain from eating meat.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
It's not blood; it's myoglobin. If you don't like the fact your food contains bodily fluids, I suggest you refrain from eating meat.

I'm middle eastern,that's not gonna be happening anytime soon
Medium-well
Reply 88
I don't like steak:colonhash:
I like my steak as rare as I can get it. Usually ask for rare though as blue steak can be dangerous if it's not cooked properly..
Medium rare sirloin for me.
Out of my sight :smile:
Original post by queen-bee
I'm middle eastern,that's not gonna be happening anytime soon

You tell em Bee!

Original post by Goaded
I don't like steak:colonhash:

What steak have you tried?
Rare, without a doubt.
Anything cooked more than medium rare is a disgrace lol
It's got to be rare for me, anything over rare makes me sad.
Reply 95
Original post by MountKimbie

Spoiler

Whipped this up a few days earlier.

How do you like your steak? And do you think there is a difference in taste between rump/ribeye/fillet that is worth the variation in price?

Medium rare, or die!
Well done, any blood is like cannibalism . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medium/Medium rare
I have had a blue steak before at yo sushi which was pretty good but I probably wouldn't eat steak normally that way
Medium-rare - tender and juicy enough, yet... dead.

Quick Reply

Latest