The Student Room Group

Do you have an "aesthetic"?

I'd say I'm a mix of a sort of 'little girl' and 'nerdy af scholar', big jumpers and long eyelashes; tartan skirts and knee high socks too. :smile: Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by batoot
yes, whatever constitutes as the "don't give a ****" aesthetic.

As in, badass dgaf, or trackies and hoodie?
Girly yet casual. My wardrobe consists of girly blouses, tops and jumpers, with skinny jeans and ballet flats :smile:
Reply 3
trill **** only mane
I am aesthetic.
Original post by 17inchGuns
I am aesthetic.

Reply 6
I'd probably get classed as a hipster for what I wear. All my friends call me that -_-
My aesthetic is a mix of grunge and girly stuff
Yes, but for the life of me I have no idea what it is. I've spent years trying to figure it out. I don't have a typical fashion sense. It's difficult to use words to explain it. So here are some pictures. The best explanation of my looks/fashion sense that I've heard is "elegant in an enigmatic way - like you're using your looks to hide a secret".

I hate the vast majority of trends with a passion. I'm very picky with my clothes. I have a look in my mind and I dress myself in a way where I conform to that look. The only thing is I don't know what that look is, but that explanation about looking elegant yet enigmatic comes close to explaining it.
Original post by Vixen47
"elegant in an enigmatic way - like you're using your looks to hide a secret".

I like this.

So many lads and lasses try and display everything on the first round, like some sort of desperate arabian merchant trying to flog his wares at bargain prices before the end of trading hours. Even pictures of lads with these packs on show in their forum avatars just makes me think - "Is that all you got?"

You're right, it is difficult to describe: my attempt would be "Elegant clothing that attracts you to look at her and then encourages you to look deeper than the body"

Obviously, I'm just spouting bllocks because it's 3:24am.

As for my style, (god, I would never describe myself as having style) timeless, smart looks with a dash of colour. And I hate shorts with a passion. Shorts are for sports, fatties. I will resolutely wear trousers all summer.

SS
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm more of a "What has been washed?" kinda girl...or "smells alright, will do for today" XD

sorry :redface:
Reply 11
MACINTOSH PLUS

S A D B O Y S

if you know this, i love you.
I vary between preppy and JSA claimant
Original post by ivy.98
macintosh plus

s a d b o y s

if you know this, i love you.

v a p o r w a v e
Reply 14
Original post by LovableScouse
v a p o r w a v e

i l i k e y o u

<3
Original post by ivy.98
i l i k e y o u

<3

a e s t h e t i c
Vintage pattern skirts and jumpers £> mostly in shades of red or orange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by LovableScouse
a e s t h e t i c

s a d g i r l s ☹☹☹
Reply 18
High necks, skirts, big cardigans, black jeans idk
'Clean-cut and form-fitting' when going out.
Eg. Short white t-shirt, dark blue trousers, brown leather belt and brown shoes.

Sometimes 'council estate' when I'm going gym or just cba with life.
Eg. Puma hoodie, Nike trackies, Nike trainers.

Quick Reply

Latest