The Student Room Group

Imperial vs LSE Environmental Economics/Technology

Hi all, have been admitted to the MSc Environmental Technology (Energy Policy option) at Imperial College, as well as the MSc in Environmental Economics at LSE.

Thoughts between the two? Which might have a better international reputation and employment prospects? Career wise looking to work in industry (strategy and sustainability)...

Thanks!
Reply 1
As someone that has worked in the sector you want to go in I would say two things.

1. Which university you went to does not matter immensely. Your experience and contact network does way more to promote your career.

2. Imperial is good if you want to be seen as a scientist (especially if you, like myself, got a social sciences background). LSE very good in Asia and held in higher regard if you are looking at the more economics-minded sector.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for LSE/Imperial to reply? Seems like Imperial is really slow nowadays?
Reply 2
Original post by Kadzum
As someone that has worked in the sector you want to go in I would say two things.

1. Which university you went to does not matter immensely. Your experience and contact network does way more to promote your career.

2. Imperial is good if you want to be seen as a scientist (especially if you, like myself, got a social sciences background). LSE very good in Asia and held in higher regard if you are looking at the more economics-minded sector.

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait for LSE/Imperial to reply? Seems like Imperial is really slow nowadays?

Hi @Kadzum sorry for the delay. LSE actually took much longer in my case. Imperial was about 6 weeks, LSE closer to 8-9. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending