The Student Room Group

UN court ruled falkland islands belong to the Argies

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laomedeia
The units may be different, but the same formulas apply.

No. 1.7 million sq km = 0.656 million sq miles, as he said. 1 sq km = 0.3861 sq miles.
Original post by Good bloke
No. 1.7 million sq km = 0.656 million sq miles, as he said. 1 sq km = 0.3861 sq miles.

Explain?

1KM (square or otherwise) is equal to 0.62 miles(square or otherwise) approx. Now when I multiplied 0.62 by 1.7 million it equals 1054000.
Explain?

1KM (square or otherwise) is equal to 0.62 miles(square or otherwise) approx. Now when I multiplied 0.62 by 1.7 million it equals 1054000.

You obviously have not finished your primary school maths course yet. The problem lies in your "square or otherwise": you cannot equate area with length.
Original post by Good bloke
You obviously have not finished your primary school maths course yet. The problem lies in your "square or otherwise": you cannot equate area with length.

Well I just did!

OK I submit. In my strong belief that one should always get his facts right, I tried to correct the OP but ended up dropping myself right in it. Despite my efforts to ensure my facts were right, they were still wrong. LOL I am unbelievably thick. This is a textbook example of improper schooling. Hopefully this will emphasize the impotence of a decent education.
Well I just did!

OK I submit. In my strong belief that one should always get his facts right, I tried to correct the OP but ended up dropping myself right in it. Despite my efforts to ensure my facts were right, they were still wrong. LOL I am unbelievably thick. This is a textbook example of improper schooling. Hopefully this will emphasize the impotence of a decent education.

Never the less nice try with the comment about the OP's perceived penis size. I think we all chuckled before realising the error.:smile:
Ignore the UN. It's a ridiculous organisation that hasn't done anything decent. All it does is act important when it solves nothing. Look at its incompetence during the Rwandan genocide. The UN needs to shut up about the Falklands. Britain should send more soldiers and ships to the Falklands as a show of force against Argentina.
Original post by Jammy Duel
The people that live on the Islands? Even the Argies there don't want Argentine control, which kinda says something about their government.

I mean in the sense that the UN are very easy to ignore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oliver_94
We should give the Falkland Islands to Argentina and if not, Argentina should take them by force and slay any who oppose them

Because then britain would just take all of argentina, so they're taking the pussy route and hiding behind UN legislation.
Reply 168
Original post by skunkboy
Lol. Some British oldies never change ever.

1459273790926.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What point are you trying to make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rule Britannia Britannia rules the Falklands
Argies shalt never never never have the Falklands
Original post by RobML
What point are you trying to make?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude, everything on this planet belongs to nobody.
Reply 171
Original post by skunkboy
Dude, everything on this planet belongs to nobody.

What's the relevance of that statement?
Original post by RobML
What's the relevance of that statement?

Nobody owns the island. Humans are thieves. Everything belongs to the earth. Now you dig?
Original post by Supersaps
It's a God-forsaken group of rocks in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't like you and neither do the people that live there.

The Argentinians have never owned the Falklands, never had a settlement there and never will. Your sole claim to the rocks are based on the fact that it used to be owned by the Spanish, who then left it.

The UK will never accept any ruling that goes against the will of the people living there. Cry all you like. This is the reality: Argentina has neither the military nor the political strength nor the right to own the Falkland Islands.

Jog on and fix the rest of the problems with your shitey country.

SS

It can't be that pointless if war has started to own this pile of rocks, as you call it.
Thatcher must be rolling in her sandbox though.
Original post by PoorBastward
stfu hippy!

Lol. Trolls always exist. They're really like cockroaches in NY. Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending