The Student Room Group

A Level Further Maths help

I want some advice and revision tips and tricks for getting an A in A level future Maths. My uni course requirement.

I am on OCR MEI exam board for both Maths and further maths. I've already took A level maths and got an A*. But for Further maths I've only done AS and got a B.

Modules that I've done so far are:
C1- 88
C2- 90
C3- 94
C4- 96
S1-80
M1-79
M2- 38
D1- 62
FP1-82

Maths includes c1-4,M1 and M2.
F.maths include Fp1,s1 and D1 (224 ums)
Im resisting FP1 and D1 to push my chance to get an A.

Do you think it's possible? How could I aim for getting an A?

Many thanks.
Just revise the bits you aren't so hot on for FP1 and D1.
Its definitely possible, and D1 is one of those exams where it is fully possible to get full UMS with relative ease, if maths is something you are good at.
Original post by an_atheist
Just revise the bits you aren't so hot on for FP1 and D1.
Its definitely possible, and D1 is one of those exams where it is fully possible to get full UMS with relative ease, if maths is something you are good at.

That's reassuring. Do you think it's realistically possible for me to get an A?

D1 isn't really my cup of tea. I failed last year, well got a low C. Any tips?
Reply 3
Original post by Student6000

Should be if you put in the work, yeah.

D1 isn't really my cup of tea. I failed last year, well got a low C. Any tips?

What Zacken said to the first bit.
Going on the assumption that D1 for OCR MEI is the same as D1 fro OCR MF1, which algorithms do you struggle most with? For general revision notes, I found that these notes help me a lot
Original post by an_atheist
What Zacken said to the first bit.
Going on the assumption that D1 for OCR MEI is the same as D1 fro OCR MF1, which algorithms do you struggle most with? For general revision notes, I found that these notes help me a lot

For OCR MEI, we are usually given the steps of the algorithm in the test, so I don't really find it hard. But it's sometimes how they word it that makes it a pain in the ass to do. Over all I understand the content, I just have to apply to practice which I haven't done.
I want some advice and revision tips and tricks for getting an A in A level future Maths. My uni course requirement.

I am on OCR MEI exam board for both Maths and further maths. I've already took A level maths and got an A*. But for Further maths I've only done AS and got a B.

Modules that I've done so far are:
C1- 88
C2- 90
C3- 94
C4- 96
S1-80
M1-79
M2- 38
D1- 62
FP1-82

Maths includes c1-4,M1 and M2.
F.maths include Fp1,s1 and D1 (224 ums)
Im resisting FP1 and D1 to push my chance to get an A.

Do you think it's possible? How could I aim for getting an A?

Many thanks.

How did you get 96 in C4 but only 38 in M2?
Original post by Lucasium
How did you get 96 in C4 but only 38 in M2?

I have no idea. Hated Mechanics since GCSE's and it kinda reflected it on M2. I just dont understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest