The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lattedrinker
They actually inform you in the day that you are 'unsuitable'? That's brutal.

No, you get an information sheet explaining how they group people after interviews, not whether you're accepted or not.
Haha. Just a yes or no would suffice. Rather than being told you were so near but so far!
Thanks
Original post by BlackDiary
Thanks. Any books u would like to recommend for gamsat. Next year going to be my 5th year applying :/ I got everything else in terms of requirement, but the entry tests always puts me down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi just noticed your post and i just wanted to offer some friendly advice if you don't mind.

If you have been unsuccessful 5 times because of entry tests, why don't you apply to med schools which don't rely so heavily on them

Bristol doesn't use them at all with 80% Personal statement and 20% academics.

keele university uses roles and responsibilities form after a very low ukcat cut off

and universities like Belfast pretty much guarantee graduates an interview.

hope you are successful on your next attempt! :smile:
Hi All, very late to the party but my interview is tomorrow and I can't for the life of me find any email or page in the pack about physically where the interview is and where we arrive, etc.

Can anyone help?

Very nervous about this as it's only my second interview but also my last chance to get in on this cycle (3 rejections from 4... yay).
Reply 204
The interviews take place at the medical school in Royal Derby Hospital. I think car park 4 is the closest to the medical school.

And all the best for your interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by hbg
The interviews take place at the medical school in Royal Derby Hospital. I think car park 4 is the closest to the medical school.

And all the best for your interview!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, I think I remember the building from an open day last year. It's all in there then?
The medical school is right at the back of the hospital. It was (or felt like!) about a ten minute walk around the building. In the pack there should be a little map of the hospital that shows it.
Reply 207
Hi, I've my interview later this week and was just wondering about timing. I know it's MMI, I've had them at SGUL and Exeter so I'm not freaking out. But how long is it per station? Exeter was only 3 minutes which meant I got cut off a lot, while SGUL was 5 meaning there were some stations that ended in silence haha!

Final interview so kinda wanting to nail it, muchas Gracias!
Original post by CON94
Hi, I've my interview later this week and was just wondering about timing. I know it's MMI, I've had them at SGUL and Exeter so I'm not freaking out. But how long is it per station? Exeter was only 3 minutes which meant I got cut off a lot, while SGUL was 5 meaning there were some stations that ended in silence haha!

I believe it's 6 minutes, according to the letter we received in the post at least. I'm yet to have my interview though (it's on Wednesday) - absolutely bricking it.
Reply 209
Original post by Rich_JW95
I believe it's 6 minutes, according to the letter we received in the post at least. I'm yet to have my interview though (it's on Wednesday) - absolutely bricking it.

6? Damn that's a long time to talk haha! I've no idea where my letter has gone, guess I'd better look around for it :P

All I can say is don't panic too much, you always do better than you think you've done! Just be yourself and you'll do well :smile:
Original post by CON94
6? Damn that's a long time to talk haha! I've no idea where my letter has gone, guess I'd better look around for it :P

All I can say is don't panic too much, you always do better than you think you've done! Just be yourself and you'll do well :smile:

I hope so! Thanks though man :smile: I think once I'm there I'll be fine - I am generally a very level-headed person, it's just this damn build up! Good luck for yours anyway too :smile:
Original post by CON94

It is indeed 6 minutes (think it said that in the pack?) but I found it actually went pretty quickly. I was cut off in all but one, but I'd already made the main points and got into a dialogue with the interviewer(s), so it was OK. They're very friendly :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 212
Original post by LizenkaLizenka
It is indeed 6 minutes (think it said that in the pack?) but I found it actually went pretty quickly. I was cut off in all but one, but I'd already made the main points and got into a dialogue with the interviewer(s), so it was OK. They're very friendly :smile:

Managed to find my pack haha! Yeah I'm sure it'll fly, just be glad to have all my interviews over and done with 😩
So glad this entire process is nearly done. Good luck everyone!
Reply 214
Well that should be the end of the interviews. Hopefully we find out next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So conceptually, anytime from now! Completely round the bend with waiting by this point. Good luck to everyone
Was only thinking the same earlier 🙏
Do we find out through email or post ?

Good luck team !!
So Sarb told me post only, and that's what they did last year. Someone here did mention emails but I don't dare to dream
Reply 219
Original post by ThomasPassion
So Sarb told me post only, and that's what they did last year. Someone here did mention emails but I don't dare to dream

She told our group that she may send out emails but I agree I think i would expect a letter as that's what they've always done other years by the looks of it! Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending