The Student Room Group

Where you live?

Scroll to see replies

SE London, I live in a nice area but still grown up street-smart and aware of the area I'm in. My road is the most robbed in my area so woheyyy #specialgetme but I love the transport and diversification over here, can't believe if I get into UEA I won't be using my Oyster- that bad boys been with me my whole childhood as a Londoner :frown:
Original post by geekmillie
Me too! Which town? I live on the border of Wallington and Carshalton

Between where Wallington meets Beddington
Pros:
*42, 136, 343, 12, 68, 148, 171, 176, 468, 40, 45, 35, P12 are all near me, so I don't need to worry about missing a bus :teehee:

*Living quite high I get to see some parts of the London, I can see parts of Vauxhall, Canary Wharf, London Bridge etc. :tongue:

*I have everything I need on the main street: small Tesco, Iceland, Morrisons, M&S, big Tesco and ASDA are not far either, loads of small shops too :h:

*Several parks in the area and one big close enough :colone:

Cons:
*Food market next to my street :erm: I have to go all the way around because it takes ages for me to get through to a bus stop :unimpressed:

*Traffic! Sometimes the queue of vehicles turns into several kilometers :toofunny:

Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I used to live in Newham, but its changed a lot since then :redface:

Woah... I did too :eek3:
This thread is too creepy for my liking.

I'm out of here...
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Woah... I did too :eek3:

Its a small world :wink:
I'm from Chadwell Heath in East London but since starting uni in 2013 I've been living in Sheffield now when I get a grad job that could be anywhere but most likely back in London :smile:
Its a small world :wink:

:yep:

Well, it was pretty obvious that you'd live near me, but both of us living in Newham at some point? :eek2:
Original post by I took ur girl
Do you like/love or detest where you live?

I live in an urban area of South West London AKA Clapham, and I absolutely love my area and the culture.:love: I used to live in Brixton and that was also a brilliant area!!!

I love the community vibe, the love and culture.

Even though the hood get's a bad press and reputation, I wouldn't choose to live anywhere else in U.K as it would most probably be dull and boring.:boring:

But on a real though, the hood is amazing.:daydreaming:

lol my mother always used to tell me if I ever went to london to never go to brixton at night :lol: isn't it rough af?
I'm from Essex not the nicest of places but it's fairly quiet compared to most cities and towns I also live in Kent during uni term times.
:yep:

Well, it was pretty obvious that you'd live near me, but both of us living in Newham at some point? :eek2:

Yeah! I moved when I was three or four but I still have lots of good memories :redface:
Yeah! I moved when I was three or four but I still have lots of good memories :redface:

I lived there up until the start of year 5, but I actually can't remember much :getmecoat:
I live near Cowley which is unbelievably countrysidey for West London
Lived on the Isle of Wight my whole life. Many of my friends and family don't like it because it's "cut off", but I like the country walks and abandoned places all over the towns and villages. I don't think the people are that interested in that particular side of the island, but I am, so I make the most of it.
East London init.

But I go to uni in Cornwall.
I lived there up until the start of year 5, but I actually can't remember much :getmecoat:

:console:

I think that I remember a lot of it as I was born there.. Austria must have been so exciting though :biggrin:
:console:

I think that I remember a lot of it as I was born there.. Austria must have been so exciting though :biggrin:

I can't even remember much of that either :cry2:

Spoiler

I can't even remember much of that either :cry2:

See, you CAN remember stuff :^_^: Are those shrimps :drool::eating:
See, you CAN remember stuff :^_^: Are those shrimps :drool::eating:

:yep: They were absolutely delicious :drool:

Spoiler

@Hodor_van_Groot please tell me you know what these are:

Spoiler