The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
PRSOM :lol:

I looooveee Shakespeare, we go and see the plays all the time! :biggrin: we recently saw Benedict Cumberbatch's performance of Hamlet :love:

:rofl: whyyy??? he is like hard to understand :redface: and his stories are predictable :getmecoat:
omg loooll :rofl: he is annoying as well :lol: damn im so horrible :rofl:
Original post by CoolCavy
:rofl: whyyy??? he is like hard to understand :redface: and his stories are predictable :getmecoat:
omg loooll :rofl: he is annoying as well :lol: damn im so horrible :rofl:

I think it's a lot easier to understand than some of the classics authors like Jane Austen, all you have to do is get your head around the 'thou' and 'thee's etc :redface: It's also a lot easier to understand when you see it performed - the actions of the actors give so much more meaning to the words, and after all that's how Shakespeare wanted it to be seen :smile:

:eek2: he's an amaaazing actor! What about David Tennant? I saw him in Richard II :giggle:
I think it's a lot easier to understand than some of the classics authors like Jane Austen, all you have to do is get your head around the 'thou' and 'thee's etc :redface: It's also a lot easier to understand when you see it performed - the actions of the actors give so much more meaning to the words, and after all that's how Shakespeare wanted it to be seen :smile:

:eek2: he's an amaaazing actor! What about David Tennant? I saw him in Richard II :giggle:

well i'm not intelligent enough to read that either so couldn't possibly comment :rofl: well that one who wrote Tess of the D'ubervilles was hard to understand if that counts for anything, it was the way he took like 2 pages to describe one little thing :sigh: im all for description and good words but it was seriously over the top :redface: ah yeah that's true, tbh it probably isnt a fair perception to judge it on a teacher talking it at us at GCSE :lol:
loooolll he is annoying tho :rofl: loool he is ok :lol: plus he was in DW so +1 point xD x
Original post by CoolCavy
well i'm not intelligent enough to read that either so couldn't possibly comment :rofl: well that one who wrote Tess of the D'ubervilles was hard to understand if that counts for anything, it was the way he took like 2 pages to describe one little thing :sigh: im all for description and good words but it was seriously over the top :redface: ah yeah that's true, tbh it probably isnt a fair perception to judge it on a teacher talking it at us at GCSE :lol:
loooolll he is annoying tho :rofl: loool he is ok :lol: plus he was in DW so +1 point xD x

That's Thomas Hardy, he's an absolute bae :love: my favourite classics novel is Far from the Madding Crowd (which he wrote), and it's really simple to read but it's so great :adore:

They're both amazing :lol:
I think I've done....3 past papers in the week I've had off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

More than nothing :yep: do you have another week off?
More than nothing :yep: do you have another week off?

Yes and no. I start my Gold DofE exped (practise) on Wednesday so I really only have today and tomorrow.
Original post by Andy98
Yes and no. I start my Gold DofE exped (practise) on Wednesday so I really only have today and tomorrow.

Ahh, best to try and get as much in as possible today and tomorrow :eek2: I only did Silver for DofE :yep:
Original post by Andy98

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done 1. Beat that
Original post by Student403
I've done 1. Beat that

My thread should not be a competition for who has done the least :rofl: I should be encouraging you all to do more :lol:
Ahh, best to try and get as much in as possible today and tomorrow :eek2: I only did Silver for DofE :yep:

Yeahhhhh, maybe

I've done 1. Beat that

:toofunny: But you're relatively smart :tongue:
My thread should not be a competition for who has done the least :rofl: I should be encouraging you all to do more :lol:

Haha it's fine :P Plenty of time left! I think you study enough for all of us, anyway!

Original post by Andy98
Yeahhhhh, maybe

You are too :yep: Never underestimate yourself
Original post by Andy98
Yeahhhhh, maybe

I'm thinking of procrastinating a bit today and making some revision scheduling/timetable/etc printables :ninja: I'll put them up on my OP so people can download them and it will encourage them to revise

Spoiler

I'm thinking of procrastinating a bit today and making some revision scheduling/timetable/etc printables :ninja: I'll put them up on my OP so people can download them and it will encourage them to revise

Spoiler

Your definition of procrastinating is making revision material.. :rofl:

I think we have two very different definitions here!
You are too :yep: Never underestimate yourself

Hahahaha nice joke

Spoiler

That's not procrastination
Your definition of procrastinating is making revision material.. :rofl:

I think we have two very different definitions here!

Original post by Andy98
Hahahaha nice joke

That's not procrastination

I won't actually be learning anything while making them though :colondollar:

It's still productive to your revision and through organisation will help you to learn better :tongue:

Yeah yeah :rolleyes:
It's still productive to your revision and through organisation will help you to learn better :tongue:

Original post by Andy98
Yeah yeah :rolleyes:

It's almost finished and I'm super excited, it's looking good :awesome:
It's almost finished and I'm super excited, it's looking good :awesome:

Jeez! That was quick

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending