The Student Room Group

I'm so UGLY :'(

I really struggle to live my life everyday without brushing my hair in the morning and looking in the mirror thinking I'm ugly. Some of you may feel that I'm being over dramatic but it really gets to me and sometimes I end up crying. People don't understand because I actually have a boyfriend and he always tells me that I'm attractive - he even lets me brush my hair with his brush. However a few days ago I heard him on the phone talking to his friend and he mentioned my name and laughed, saying I'm so ugly. I really don't know where else to turn and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Break up with your boyfriend and stop being so pathetic. Eating healthier and exercising may improve your mood and complexion so try that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you asking a question?
Reply 3
Agree with the above poster, break up with your boyfriend. Healthy eating, exercising, getting good rest, wearing good clothes will make the difference.

Good luck!
Maybe you are, maybe you're not.
Original post by Drax101
Agree with the above poster, break up with your boyfriend. Healthy eating, exercising, getting good rest, wearing good clothes will make the difference.

Good luck!

This.

Also I tend not to believe it when girls say they're ugly. I guarantee you're not. Positive mindset! :smile:
Reply 6
I'm pretty sure you even didn't probably understood the context of your bf telephone chat :smile:

but I always feel I'm ugly, soo you are not alone, and probably you are not even ugly :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I really struggle to live my life everyday without brushing my hair in the morning and looking in the mirror thinking I'm ugly. Some of you may feel that I'm being over dramatic but it really gets to me and sometimes I end up crying. People don't understand because I actually have a boyfriend and he always tells me that I'm attractive - he even lets me brush my hair with his brush. However a few days ago I heard him on the phone talking to his friend and he mentioned my name and laughed, saying I'm so ugly. I really don't know where else to turn and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???!!!!!

Wait you overheard your boyfriend insulting you?
That's pretty ****ing traumatising tbf
Drop him

Spoiler

Reply 8
Original post by alana_p
Break up with your boyfriend and stop being so pathetic. Eating healthier and exercising may improve your mood and complexion so try that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't break up with him :'( He's really all that I have, I think my chances of finding another boyfriend are slim. I feel like a wreck and I need an anchor like him!
This, depending on your age you could speak to childline 18 and under or go and see your GP for some CBT therpay, You need more body confidence.

Getting fit, eating a healthy diet and exercise will also lift your mood, as said above. Boys are sometime mean ********s, but dump that one. I'm sure iys nowhere near what you think.
I can't break up with him :'( He's really all that I have, I think my chances of finding another boyfriend are slim. I feel like a wreck and I need an anchor like him!

If that's the case then yeah, you're probably ugly.

If you think depending on a guy makes you a strong person who deserves our sympathy, you're sorely mistaken.

Please try your best not to feel this way. You are probably being very harsh on yourself and things like this are very upsetting to read. Struggling with confidence is very common and obviously finding yourself unattractive isn't going to help. You need to view yourself in a more positive light. I bet you have plenty of lovely features, you're just stuck in a negative mindset. We all look at ourselves and see some sort of imperfection, it's just life I'm afraid. However, it's best not to dwell on it and instead tackle the issue. Why do you feel you're ugly? Is there anything you can do that could improve your confidence, i.e. a new hairstyle and so on?

As for your boyfriend, are you 100% sure he said that? Talk to him and tell him what you heard. If he did say it then don't stay with him, it's a disgusting thing to say and you shouldn't be with someone like that. He should be helping your confidence, not bringing you down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperStar#7
If that's the case then yeah, you're probably ugly.

If you think depending on a guy makes you a strong person who deserves our sympathy, you're sorely mistaken.

See, I always knew it. You haven't even see me but you know that I'm ugly :'(

you need a friend
not a boyfriend who says stuff like that
Send me a picture and i'll give you my honest truth about you.

You are still very young, let go of him.

Improve yourself, your self worth, your self confidence, your diet, exercise, wear good clothes, do things you love doing.

You could go to speed dating events, join on-line dating and the guys will send you pokes, message requests.
Original post by star80
Send me a picture and i'll give you my honest truth about you.

I'm sorry but I've deleted all my pictures and refuse to take another picture again until I don't look as ugly.
See, I always knew it. You haven't even see me but you know that I'm ugly :'(

It's the way you're speaking.

"Misery this" and " Misery that"

Oh please. Life is too short for you to be crying over spilled milk.

Your boyfriend called you ugly. BIG DEAL.

How many times do you think women like Oprah Winfrey and Michelle Obama get called ugly?

Did that stop them from being influential figures.

Look I'm not saying your boyfriend isn't a jerk. And I'm not saying you should be the next female billionaire (nothing wrong in trying though). My point is, wasting your time moping online about one guy calling you ugly isn't only cringeworthy, but F'ing stupid.
I'm sorry but I've deleted all my pictures and refuse to take another picture again until I don't look as ugly.

You don't know if your ugly or not until you get a non bias opinion.
Original post by Changing Skies
Please try your best not to feel this way. You are probably being very harsh on yourself and things like this are very upsetting to read. Struggling with confidence is very common and obviously finding yourself unattractive isn't going to help. You need to view yourself in a more positive light. I bet you have plenty of lovely features, you're just stuck in a negative mindset. We all look at ourselves and see some sort of imperfection, it's just life I'm afraid. However, it's best not to dwell on it and instead tackle the issue. Why do you feel you're ugly? Is there anything you can do that could improve your confidence, i.e. a new hairstyle and so on?

As for your boyfriend, are you 100% sure he said that? Talk to him and tell him what you heard. If he did say it then don't stay with him, it's a disgusting thing to say and you shouldn't be with someone like that. He should be helping your confidence, not bringing you down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel ugly because I've been bullied in the past for looking how I am and it seems like no one wants me around. My boyfriend keeps telling me that I'm not ugly but I don't believe him. I think I'll definitely try a new hairstyle and I'm considering joining a tennis club to get out more and my boyfriend agrees.
I'm not 100% sure but I feel like he did say that. I feel like if I talk to him he'll think I'm insecure and I don't want to come across to him like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending