The Student Room Group

What makes non muslim men approach girls wearing the headscarf?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Anonymous;63888653]Really Buttersnuts? Earlier in the thread you where harassing me because I appeared to be anonymous and wanted me to private message you. I mean why are contradicting yourself? It's embarrassing.

Also the rule of not chatting to the opposite gender doesn't apply to someone who appears to be anonymous is a first! Do you have any hadiths to support your claims?
So if I didn't know this guy and we got chatting online, will it make it halal? Wow gotta love your logic.

It's still 100% anonymous but then again I see your point and I accept it. Maybe not my wisest move lol. But in my defence, I wanted to actually see your previous TSR posts to gauge what kind of Muslim you was eg liberal/shia/sufi.

But here I am, accepting that I may have erred. Accepting that I did not pull the cleverest move earlier on but we still have you completely adamant that you are 100% perfect in your belief. Is that not arrogant? Is that not completely and utterly stubborn and close minded?! That you see yourself above the need to give evidence when asked for FIVE times?

Do you not feel shame/fear when you speak about knowledge that you do not have? It's the equivalent of a C-grade GCSE Biology student correcting an Anatomy professor. Sure you did the simple course and whatnot but since when do you know the principles of anatomy? Why do you not then listen to someone who clearly has more knowledge than you?

Do you see my point now? Maybe it's a good idea you stayed anonymous. If your ID was ever exposed and people saw this thread, you would look ridiculous.
Original post by QueenOfSheba
Wearing a headscarf Muslim

well it either equals muslim or old women wearing a rain covering.

perhaps a nun but that would be more distinct.
Original post by Butternuts96
It's still 100% anonymous but then again I see your point and I accept it. Maybe not my wisest move lol. But in my defence, I wanted to actually see your previous TSR posts to gauge what kind of Muslim you was eg liberal/shia/sufi.

But here I am, accepting that I may have erred. Accepting that I did not pull the cleverest move earlier on but we still have you completely adamant that you are 100% perfect in your belief. Is that not arrogant? Is that not completely and utterly stubborn and close minded?! That you see yourself above the need to give evidence when asked for FIVE times?

Do you not feel shame/fear when you speak about knowledge that you do not have? It's the equivalent of a C-grade GCSE Biology student correcting an Anatomy professor. Sure you did the simple course and whatnot but since when do you know the principles of anatomy? Why do you not then listen to someone who clearly has more knowledge than you?

Do you see my point now? Maybe it's a good idea you stayed anonymous. If your ID was ever exposed and people saw this thread, you would look ridiculous.

Not the wisest move? For someone who supposedly knows his stuff, that excuse isn't good enough. You see in your case if you make a mistake, it's a sin because you are not ignorant at all in the matter and that's not expected of you, so repent and MAYBE Allah will forgive you.

You never provided any evidence yourself regarding gender interactions under difficult circumstances. All you was provides was justification for your actions which is laughable.

I told you about Khadija being a bussiness woman and she is also my role model.

I told you about education and referred to Aisha being a scholar. Like you, in this day and age there are no segregated educational university institutions so it is important to seek knowledge regardless.

In the Quran god tells men and women to guard their modesty and doesn't specifically rule out interaction. There you are, me and you are interacting online.

You have claimed interacting online is okay, because we are anonymous. Were is the ruling for such premise? I would love to read it.
[QUOTE=Anonymous;63889535]Not the wisest move? For someone who supposedly knows his stuff, that excuse isn't good enough. You see in your case if you make a mistake, it's a sin because you are not ignorant at all in the matter and that's not expected of you, so repent and MAYBE Allah will forgive you.

You never provided any evidence yourself regarding gender interactions under difficult circumstances. All you was provides was justification for your actions which is laughable.

I told you about Khadija being a bussiness woman and she is also my role model.

I told you about education and referred to Aisha being a scholar. Like you, in this day and age there are no segregated educational university institutions so it is important to seek knowledge regardless.

In the Quran god tells men and women to guard their modesty and doesn't specifically rule out interaction. There you are, me and you are interacting online.

You have claimed interacting online is okay, because we are anonymous. Were is the ruling for such premise? I would love to read it.

You see the thing is, I'm happy to give you evidences all day and all night and every day and every night but you will never be pleased because you will say generic basic stuff that you think makes you super duper knowledgeable but it's in fact baby knowledge.
So no matter what I say you will always falls back on "Aaisha was a women. Khadijah was inspirational." and think that that suffices you.

I did in fact give you evidences; please do read my previous posts. I did also recommend islamqa and they will have so many evidences that you will start to feel a little embarrassed for thinking you know it all. But the funny thing is, you will still think you're right because you WANT to follow your desires.

Quran doesn't say to guard modesty. Learn arabic. Quran says to guard the private parts and lower the gaze. What about the hadiths or do you reject them as well? All the hadiths prevent freemixing at all costs and makes freemixing the rare exception rather than the norm that you make it out to be. Just cause God doesn't say the word "interaction" you think there are no guidelines on interaction? How easy do you think interaction will be once you realise that you can't look at the opposite gender + can't be in same room with opposite gender except with mahram?

Seriously drop your arrogance. This could be a matter of heaven and hell for you at the end of the day. Check islamQA to make this crystal clear for you. Getting awful tired of your ridiculous islamic opinions that are baseless in our religion.

If you do wanna make another religion, feel free dude but please don't call that Islam.
You see the thing is, I'm happy to give you evidences all day and all night and every day and every night but you will never be pleased because you will say generic basic stuff that you think makes you super duper knowledgeable but it's in fact baby knowledge.
So no matter what I say you will always falls back on "Aaisha was a women. Khadijah was inspirational." and think that that suffices you.

I did in fact give you evidences; please do read my previous posts. I did also recommend islamqa and they will have so many evidences that you will start to feel a little embarrassed for thinking you know it all. But the funny thing is, you will still think you're right because you WANT to follow your desires.

Quran doesn't say to guard modesty. Learn arabic. Quran says to guard the private parts and lower the gaze. What about the hadiths or do you reject them as well? All the hadiths prevent freemixing at all costs and makes freemixing the rare exception rather than the norm that you make it out to be. Just cause God doesn't say the word "interaction" you think there are no guidelines on interaction? How easy do you think interaction will be once you realise that you can't look at the opposite gender + can't be in same room with opposite gender except with mahram?

Seriously drop your arrogance. This could be a matter of heaven and hell for you at the end of the day. Check islamQA to make this crystal clear for you. Getting awful tired of your ridiculous islamic opinions that are baseless in our religion.

If you do wanna make another religion, feel free dude but please don't call that Islam.

Just drop it bro, you've clearly said that you're coming here for entertainment purposes now which is quite sad. You've said what you've had to say so I suggest you leave the discussion now.
This also adds to the criticism i gave you via message, you're clearly aren't taking my advice, so why should anyone take yours?
(edited 8 years ago)

You're happy to give me evidence all day and all night but you so far haven't provided one. Doesn't say much about your credibility. Links don't work for me.

Lol if anything you are following your own desires by living in a non Muslim country where you struggle to practice your faith, so don't point the figure at me.

What's wrong with following the likes of Aisha and Khadija? Aren't they our role models? You need to understand that Islam won't thrive with your jahil and oppressive mentality. Back home do you honestly see Muslims following their religion? It's all warped by culture. Islam elevated the status of women and we are equal in the eyes of God. God has given us freedom. Only men tell women their place is at home because they are control freaks. Also I can look at the opposite gender if it is an innocent look, men, like you are the ones that need to lower their gaze because God addresses you before us! And you know why.

I speak Arabic, covering ones private parts IS maintaing modesty, don't worry you will learn this when you start placement. I find it really hard to imagine you becoming a Dr, as a medic you will be examining women's private parts, I wonder how you will cope in your clinical placements? I say drop that sexist attitude.

It's not a matter of heaven and hell for me than it is for you. Especially you. Because you claim you are "knowledgable" in your area, you are accountable for everything you say and the way you say it.

Finally, I think we are going in circles here, so let's agree to disagree. Even though I would have liked to see evidence for person being able to chat anonymously with the opposite gender, but I can't help but think it's totally made up on your part.
Check islamQA to make this crystal clear for you.
are you, by any chance, Muhammad Al-Munajjid ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Al-Munajjid
In my point of view, these non-Muslims don't exactly know about customs and traditions of Muslim. They might approach, probably because of curiosity.

well, most likely those non-Muslim men who approach girls wear a headscarf because they want to avoid any publicity
a scarf wrapped around your head doesn't stop a man from getting to you, it isn't a protective shield against all evil, lmao (hence why i don't wear it, cos my fat is my protection)

Spoiler

Original post by dbrownbeast
Just drop it bro, you've clearly said that you're coming here for entertainment purposes now which is quite sad. You've said what you've had to say so I suggest you leave the discussion now.
This also adds to the criticism i gave you via message, you're clearly aren't taking my advice, so why should anyone take yours?

I'm not giving my advice anymore. I'm merely provoking OP for entertainment purposes.

Why should she take my advice? Because I'm correct? Because other commentors aren't giving her legitimate islamic information? I'm not gonna say what she wants me and everyone else to say (this is super halal, well done sis good job!).
Original post by lostandfound86
In my point of view, these non-Muslims don't exactly know about customs and traditions of Muslim. They might approach, probably because of curiosity.

I agree with you here. Where I live there aren't many middle easterners so a lot of people become curious and ask me about my culture and faith. Id rather inform them tbh than leave them to be fed with the garbage that shown in the media. Ignorance is bliss.

Original post by samina_ay
a scarf wrapped around your head doesn't stop a man from getting to you, it isn't a protective shield against all evil, lmao (hence why i don't wear it, cos my fat is my protection)

Spoiler

Lol, good and Samina also means fat in Arabic so you are well shielded :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I agree with you here. Where I live there aren't many middle easterners so a lot of people become curious and ask me about my culture and faith. Id rather inform them tbh than leave them to be fed with the garbage that shown in the media. Ignorance is bliss.

Lol, good and Samina also means fat in Arabic so you are well shielded :smile:

whats the meaning of my name got to do with anything. You rude bitch
whats the meaning of my name got to do with anything. You rude bitch

She wasn't rude. You said your fat is your protection. Your name means fat in Arabic which she mentioned because you mentioned fat. You have been rude and turned a non-argument into something bigger.
Original post by Zamestaneh
She wasn't rude. You said your fat is your protection. Your name means fat in Arabic which she mentioned because you mentioned fat. You have been rude and turned a non-argument into something bigger.

Aw i know - but OP is trolling you all. Lmao
Aw i know - but OP is trolling you all. Lmao

How? :K: Who is the OP?
Original post by Zamestaneh
How? :K: Who is the OP?

her/his story doesn't add up:colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous

That's right! So, if you don't want more people to go near to you (as expected) and asked you lots of questions, avoid crowded places. However, if you can't avoid them, then better answer their questions precisely then leave. :smile:
Original post by mariachi

well, most likely those non-Muslim men who approach girls wear a headscarf because they want to avoid any publicity

what?
Headscarf or not. If a woman is attractive and seems nice, a man will approach her. Claiming that non-muslim men approach Muslim women becasue of some mystery is odd to me. There are non-muslim men, who have befriended and married Muslim women. It may be that some Muslim women carry themselves with dignity developed from their upbringing and not because they have a hijab on their heads.

Some times it has nothing to do with religion or "culture." It may just be that they like the woman and want to be close to her. It is like saying, why do non-Army women like men in boots? There are cases where a man is not allowed to be with a woman because he is not Muslm. I think that is sad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending