The Student Room Group

GCSE PE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alicehatha
I'm not sure tbh, the revision guide is really good though and recommend getting it! Tells you everything you need to know really simply and you can get a workbook with it was well which is good for exam practise type questions in it

I'll post the contents page up on here so anyone doing edexcel knows what to revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by _chloeematt
CCEA? never heard of that exam board! What's your practical exam like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the Northern Irish one! We have to be marked on 3 different sports (each sport worth 10%) and we also have to teach a skill from one of the sports for another 10% (I did sprint start in athletics). We also had to do a fitness review and improvement plan for another 20%. :smile:
Original post by T0ucan
It's the Northern Irish one! We have to be marked on 3 different sports (each sport worth 10%) and we also have to teach a skill from one of the sports for another 10% (I did sprint start in athletics). We also had to do a fitness review and improvement plan for another 20%. :smile:

is it practical heavy or theory heavy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
is it practical heavy or theory heavy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well 40% is fully practical, 20% partially practical and 40% completely theory. There's so many definitions to learn for some of the weirdest words! One of the past paper questions was 'define excitement'. I mean what even!?!?
Original post by T0ucan
Well 40% is fully practical, 20% partially practical and 40% completely theory. There's so many definitions to learn for some of the weirdest words! One of the past paper questions was 'define excitement'. I mean what even!?!?

what the hell?! that is weird! We have to know some definitions but not for that! that's crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
:mmm:
Reply 26
what the hell?! that is weird! We have to know some definitions but not for that! that's crazy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr lol! How far are you through with PE revision? I'm hoping to start past papers by the end of the week. :colondollar:
Original post by T0ucan
Ikr lol! How far are you through with PE revision? I'm hoping to start past papers by the end of the week. :colondollar:

I'm really blessed at my netball club, one of my team mates (more of my mentor) is a PE teacher that teaches my exam board and she came around mine today and we do a 4-5hour revision session! So got a lot done today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
[QUOTE=_chloeematt;63909323]I'm really blessed at my netball club, one of my team mates (more of my mentor) is a PE teacher that teaches my exam board and she came around mine today and we do a 4-5hour revision session! So got a lot done today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice! I'm so bad at netball haha my hand/eye coordination is hopeless!
Hey guys, im doing edexcel. im in yr11 rn and our moderation is like in a month or so i think. My sports are; trampolining, netball and rock climbing. I use this rly good book ill link it down for you guys u may be able to find it cheaper but this is the price i bought it for :smile:)

https://www.educationumbrella.com/edexcel-gcse-9-1-pe-student-book-2nd-editions/9781292129884/2/1?gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MYn8eVUqR-dlvffDdKtrrWVLhK70UXLLwkFtUkFVP9AhvLYzy-7LDEaAmc9EALw_wcB

tell me how u guys are currently revising?? i tried flashcards but nothing seems to stick, i just make mindmaps and memorise them!
Reply 30
im doing OCR PE because its the easiest and my oh my is it the easiest thing i have ever seen.. Im taking Netball, Handball and Athletics... however, the thing with OCR is that the grade boundries are soooo unbelievable high that you will faint. you need to get 75% to get a 5..... THATS FRIKKING 75% TO GET A FRIKKING 5.... i reckon i can get a 5 if i try hard enough tho (i)
i got 81/100 for the practical i know it's only 40% but roughly what grade is this?
Reply 32
Those who did PE GCSE, was it fun?

Quick Reply

Latest