The Student Room Group

UCL gave me an offer of AAA even though I am predicted AAB

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonkeeper999
I know, but I was specifically talking about the HIGHEST minimum offer for a course

Ah I see. Fair, it was an oxymoronic statement tho :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Not an exaggeration - although the highest minimum iffer for a course is I think A*A*A, I know several people who were required to get A*A*A* or higher

Highest "typical" Cambridge offer is A*A*A with 1,1 in STEP (i.e. the Maths offer). But, yes, higher offers are possible. My son had A*s specified in FM and Physics with Maths as 3rd A-level (for Engineering) - that's pretty much an A*A*A* offer.
Reply 82
Original post by jneill
They added the non-STEP option this year (2017 entry).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that explains why I thought it was new :tongue:

Thanks.
Reply 83
Original post by jneill
Highest "typical" Cambridge offer is A*A*A with 1,1 in STEP (i.e. the Maths offer). But, yes, higher offers are possible. My son had A*s specified in FM and Physics with Maths as 3rd A-level (for Engineering) - that's pretty much an A*A*A* offer.

Quite a lot of the highest "typical" Cambridge maths offers is 2 A*'s but with the candidate having already gained an A* in maths in year 12 that doesn't count towards the 2 stars in the offer.
Reply 84
Original post by Zacken
Quite a lot of the highest "typical" Cambridge maths offers is 2 A*'s but with the candidate having already gained an A* in maths in year 12 that doesn't count towards the 2 stars in the offer.

But that wasn't the case for him - he did his A2 Maths & FM & Physics in Y13.
Reply 85
Original post by jneill
But that wasn't the case for him - he did his A2 Maths & FM & Physics in Y13.

I wasn't saying it was for him, I was just saying that the "typical" offer is often a 3 A*'s offer in disguise.
Reply 86
Original post by Zacken
I wasn't saying it was for him, I was just saying that the "typical" offer is often a 3 A*'s offer in disguise.

Ah ok. :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
Ah I see. Fair, it was an oxymoronic statement tho :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, yeah maybe I should have gone for "minimum offer for a particular course which is highest out of all courses" of something... although reading that again makes it more comfusing lol...

Original post by jneill

Ooh, I forgot maths and their STEP requirements. Yeah, my offer was like that, specifying an A* in further maths and hence basically in maths too - this seems to be VERY common, everyone I know who did further maths had to get an A* in it, some of them had already got an A* in maths before applying and it didnt count (bit unfair considering that those students who didn't do further maths only had to get A* in maths)...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending