The Student Room Group

Are these girls, super skinny?

Scroll to see replies

Peng.

[video="youtube;Pj3q0ZChgFE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj3q0ZChgFE[/video]
Healthy skinny!
Not skinny. Just a healthy weight.
Not skinny just healthy
Reply 44
The girls are beautiful ngl and their bodies are 😍😍...

Not super skinny and curves in the right places
Original post by keturah
Aww thank you :h: I wish though.

You are, don't worry :wink:
Reply 46
They're fit, but look terribly stupid.
Original post by ForestShadow
They average 160 cm around there and have approx weight of about 45 cm, that makes about 17.8 bmi and thats less than 18.5 which is considered underweight by medical standards..

Firstly, their medical standards of what constitutes underweight differs to ours.

And secondly, BMI is considered a very inaccurate measure, and is only used as a very rough guideline because of convenience. Body fat percentage is a much more accurate measure. And if you think they should carry more fat in order to be healthy than I'm afraid that says more about you than them.
(edited 8 years ago)

Now that's fine.
Nope, they are perfect!
Original post by Twinpeaks
Firstly, their medical standards of what constitutes underweight differs to ours.

And secondly, BMI is considered a very inaccurate measure, and is only used as a very rough guideline because of convenience.

Firstly you are absolutely right that their medical standards are different, I am Asian myself and have been there for a fair few years. :smile:

However, I can also confirm their so called 'standards' ( I think a better word may be 'norm' 'standard' sounds uniformly correcting something or a word suited more to describe products) are not terribly different.

Of course us Asians are leaner overall which is backed up by numerous statistics but our weight and height ratios and norms do not differ by more than 25% maximum to traditional boundaries

BMI may be considered 'inaccurate' but not 'very inaccurate'. It is still used by the NHS and many leading health faculties around the world, granted it is convenient but it used due to its overall accuracy as well.

Body fat percentage is a much more accurate measure. .
I agree body fat percentage is a good measure as well but that doesnt answer OP's original question on skinniness. Skinniness is used in conjunction with primarily the weight of a person and the bf% can differ and variate across a range of body sizes, bf% is not accurate for evaluating the skinniness of a given person at all.

And if you think they should carry more fat in order to be healthy than I'm afraid that says more about you than them.

Frankly you're putting words in my mouth now (or thoughts in my mind?) I never once mentioned that at all or even used the term fat.

I also never commented that skinny people NEEDED to gain weight/fat in ANYWAY to achieve a social/medical norm appearance.

BEING quite skinny myself I know what it is like and I'm afraid your assuming statements which I have not so much mentioned beforehand says a lot about you argument style and effectiveness at debates.

Sorry if there's a slight tone to my reply:smile:, I just want you to know there may have been a misunderstanding along the line but if you've seen my past posts, you'll know I treat ALL people with respect and would never mean unjustified harm to anyone. ( greatguy is an exception etc etc xD)
Original post by richpanda
That's perfect, serious.

Nice and feminine, not like this annoying 'big ass' stuff

There's no need for comments like these - there is no one singular body type that is 'feminine'. Every single person has a preference for which type of person they are attracted to, and to suggest thinking anything different from your personal tastes would be liking a female that is 'unfeminine' is ridiculous.
Original post by ForestShadow
Firstly you are absolutely right that their medical standards are different, I am Asian myself and have been there for a fair few years. :smile:

However, I can also confirm their so called 'standards' ( I think a better word may be 'norm' 'standard' sounds uniformly correcting something or a word suited more to describe products) are not terribly different.

Of course us Asians are leaner overall which is backed up by numerous statistics but our weight and height ratios and norms do not differ by more than 25% maximum to traditional boundaries

BMI may be considered 'inaccurate' but not 'very inaccurate'. It is still used by the NHS and many leading health faculties around the world, granted it is convenient but it used due to its overall accuracy as well.

I agree body fat percentage is a good measure as well but that doesnt answer OP's original question on skinniness. Skinniness is used in conjunction with primarily the weight of a person and the bf% can differ and variate across a range of body sizes, bf% is not accurate for evaluating the skinniness of a given person at all.

Frankly you're putting words in my mouth now (or thoughts in my mind?) I never once mentioned that at all or even used the term fat.

I also never commented that skinny people NEEDED to gain weight/fat in ANYWAY to achieve a social/medical norm appearance.

BEING quite skinny myself I know what it is like and I'm afraid your assuming statements which I have not so much mentioned beforehand says a lot about you argument style and effectiveness at debates.

Sorry if there's a slight tone to my reply:smile:, I just want you to know there may have been a misunderstanding along the line but if you've seen my past posts, you'll know I treat ALL people with respect and would never mean unjustified harm to anyone. ( greatguy is an exception etc etc xD)

Okay, fair play to you, you make a good point :smile:
Original post by Josb
They're fit, but look terribly stupid.

How? Wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
They look normal to me? I'm a similar shape and I always considered myself normal, never skinny.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I want to know if you guys think these girls are like super skinny, like I don't mean thin but like super skinny. In my opinion they're not super skinny so I think their companies might lie about their weight to make them seem thinner.

As a general rule, most people lie about their weight. And celebrities are particularly bad. I would take what you read with a large tablespoon of salt.

Quick Reply

Latest