The Student Room Group

How's everyone feeling about GCSEs being in just over a month?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobbsy91
Haha cheers xD

I'm sure you'll be fine in it though :tongue:

thanks aha I hope so :redface:
What's the max number of exams everyone has on one day?
I have 3 exams in one day (and then 3 again the next)
I hate this build up its so tedious
Original post by CharmingCat
I just feel like a ton of bricks are piled on top of me at the moment - as crazy as it may sound, I'm somewhat looking forward to my exams (the first of which is on 29th April) starting because, at long last, I will be leaping over the barrier to life beyond GCSEs and my current school, which I cannot wait to leave. :smile:

Same I actually cannot wait tbh :biggrin: The sooner they start, the sooner they finish right? I'm also looking forward to the extra time at home, the fact that we are allowed to come and go whenever we please which we aren't usually allowed to do and the free periods (in which me and my friends will order dominos pizza so all the younger years will be jealous while they're sat in lessons).
Reply 64
Original post by Fractite
Well I have 21 exams, so I'm bricking it.
Yeah, I revise a lot, but not as much as I originally thought.

Same, I have 21 as well + I think I revised more in Year 10 than I do now :/
Reply 65
I'm chill tbh, even though I shouldn't be considering I just moved schools and have a lot to catch up on:shot:. It's even more peak because I have to self-teach, and it's challenging but good practice for A Levels amirite :smile:))
Very scared... My mock results aren't what I'd like them to be, so I'm very terrified and worried! I want more time!
Original post by surina16
What's the max number of exams everyone has on one day?
I have 3 exams in one day (and then 3 again the next)

I have 2 exams in one day max. I couldn't stand 3! In my mocks, the max would be 4. I can't wait for summer...
Reply 68
Original post by HeimIX
I made a revison TimeTable and everything, revision is going fine but I'm just scared ill forget everything at Exams, I got 3 A* 1A 5B's at mock exams, if i get that again I'm going to drink bleach. With results like that my life has no purpose.

They're just GCSEs!
Reply 69
Original post by g3ob
They're just GCSEs!

Not to someone like me who is a perfectionist...
I am doing my A2's and I still have no clue on how to revise. Good luck to you all anyway !!
Original post by JM999
Completely unprepared, have done pretty much no work :dong:

Same. I'm that person who wants to hit the As and A*s but prefers the idea of throwing themselves off a bridge rather than revising.
Original post by Rachel000222
Same here! I just can't get down to revision and when I do it's only like 10 minutes

that's not too good at all you got some past papers yeah? look at one find a question from a paper study that subject take a brake look at the next question
ect do this EVERY DAY for different subjects until you know your answers so well you can recite them in your sleep. you will find that most years the questions are Identical maybe with different wording or numbers (for math)but just remember your answers apply it to the exam and you should do ok.
Doing AS now, but ya'll will be fine if you keep calm. I ended up re-learning a lot of the content in the last couple of weeks and i'm a slow learner so don't panic. Put a fair amount of effort in and got 3A*, 5A's and 2B's.
I think I might jump off a cliff the day before they start..

Spoiler

Original post by Rachel000222
Same here! I just can't get down to revision and when I do it's only like 10 minutes

My problem exactly, that's why I'm stressing :frown:
Got 28 exams starting beginning of May and I haven't revised at all.
At this point I just can't wait for it to be over
Original post by New- Emperor
that's not too good at all you got some past papers yeah? look at one find a question from a paper study that subject take a brake look at the next question
ect do this EVERY DAY for different
subjects until you know your answers so well you can recite them in your sleep. you will find that most years the questions are Identical maybe with different wording or numbers (for
math)but just remember your answers apply it to the exam and you should do ok.

So it's a bit like memorising the mark scheme?
Original post by infinitegoldfish
Got 28 exams starting beginning of May and I haven't revised at all.
At this point I just can't wait for it to be over

I completely get you!!
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I think I might jump off a cliff the day before they start..

Spoiler

Oh dear...

Quick Reply

Latest