The Student Room Group

What do you guys want to do when your older?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe a midwife or a nurse
Original post by YungRilt
some wet guy that thinks he is funny
he was cussing other peoples appearance
then wanted to fight me after i told him his hairline starts after his sideburns
gave him the address to fight then he says he will come and '**** me all night long'
then 'claims' not be gay

LMAO WTF IS THIS ... Is he dumb, he's so rude. That was a good one about the hairline. :smile: Where is he now?
Original post by nisha.sri
LMAO WTF IS THIS ... Is he dumb, he's so rude. That was a good one about the hairline. :smile: Where is he now?

got banned
he made a new account with . after his original name

just look how funny he thinks he is
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3994767&page=2&p=63903543#post63903543
Buy an anti-earthquake bed
Original post by ellie0497
Buy an anti-earthquake bed

You mean make one

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL ...Oh lord he needs help no offence Mr.Malhota or whatever his name is :smile:
Ideally investment banking (M&A advisory) or strategy consulting for a few years (or indefinitely if I enjoy it enough) then transition into private equity focusing on the technology sector or some form deep value/merger arbitrage hedge fund.

Ultimately, after earning a lot of money, skilling up and gaining the necessary contacts I'd like to play my hand at starting a tech company. Even if it fails I'll either try again or decide to switch into a more venture capital focused role.

I'd love to be able to contribute to philanthropic endeavours with the extra capital I'll amass during my career. It'd be awesome to have enough money to invest in infrastructure and educational projects in developing nations.

This is all speculation (albeit a goal/path that I've been working towards since I was 15); I might hate high finance. I might decide to pursue corporate law or stick to a career more closely aligned with my degree: data science, software engineering, product management, algo trading. Who knows? But that's my above plan atm. There's a lot of options out there for ambitious people like me to explore.
(edited 7 years ago)
Perhaps working in a research lab :smile:
I just want to do something useful with my life and help others.
I dont know what i want to do, how do i pick what I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
An oncologist but want to be involved in research too. Also considering being a neurosurgeon but it takes a lot of commitment!
Original post by Truthseeker3

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do you enjoy and what your good at ( which isn't really necessary ) but what do you enjoy the most
I want to be a trader at an investment bank (hopefully in derivatives), which is something I'm interested in a lot because I like maths and financial products. But then I will hopefully switch to asset management/ start a hedge fund if I can. Either way, I want to make bare dollar innit, ya get me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Want are you considering? You probably have at least some vague idea of what you like doing.
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
An oncologist but want to be involved in research too. Also considering being a neurosurgeon but it takes a lot of commitment!

That is very true ... I wanted to be a neurosurgeon but it's really difficult so i'd say doctor or neurologist :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you enjoy doing?

Who/what inspires you?
what do you enjoy and what your good at ( which isn't really necessary ) but what do you enjoy the most

I enjoy abit of each maths, physics and history. But i dont know i get bored of stuff real quick. I think there is nothing i find interesting, apart from movies and games which everyone likes as it is not work :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I enjoy abit of each maths, physics and history. But i dont know i get bored of stuff real quick. I think there is nothing i find interesting, apart from movies and games which everyone likes as it is not work :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is true ... Why don't you research a little on jobs and stuff ? :wink:
Original post by Another
What do you enjoy doing?

Who/what inspires you?

I enjoy abit of each maths, physics and history. But i dont know i get bored of stuff real quick. I think there is nothing i find interesting, apart from movies and games which everyone likes as it is not work

Einstein, Richard Feynman, Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Heroes in movies, ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
I want to be a trader at an investment bank (hopefully in derivatives), which is something I'm interested in a lot because I like maths and financial products. But then I will hopefully switch to asset management/ start a hedge fund if I can. Either way, I want to make bare dollar innit, ya get me?

PRSOM. No doubt you'll reach your goal bud, you Daniel and some of the other upcoming peeps in the IB forum have loads of potential.

Quick Reply