The Student Room Group

Is it better to do?

Newer papers?

For e.g i scored quite decent in the 2013/14/15 papers.Whereas i tried a Nov 2012 paper,i found that hard and the grade boundaries reflect that,its 43 to get a C ,80(i think) to get a B and 120 for an A ,whereas usually its 66 for a C ,95-96 for a B and 130 for a A )

Are old papers useless,and are they are a true reflection of your ability?

Discuss.
check the papers you have reflect the current syllabus. Save the latest papers till closer to exam time.
No they arent useless if they are on the correct syllabus.

Thers a lot of debate you could have about whether grades have shifted and papers have become easier.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
check the papers you have reflect the current syllabus. Save the latest papers till closer to exam time.

Thers a lot of debate you could have about whether grades have shifted and papers have become easier.

Ah Okay.

I have done a Nov 2013 and 2015 paper.It was harder(then June) however the Nov 2012 paper was really hard,and the grade boundaries are way lower than the last few years.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger

Is it useless doing Maths papers from another exam board.
Original post by KapriSonne
Is it useless doing Maths papers from another exam board.

Im not a mathematician, Ask your tutor or probably a compromise is to get one of those revision exam books and they have plenty of practice questions.
Nothing is ever useless, it is all there for a reason.

Quick Reply

Latest