The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chrlhyms
I'm really nervous for it, i think its because wether i choose to do a level is if i can get A* or not on the 2016 paper

If you don't get an A* you're not doing it for a level?
same here!!!! My mark this year depends if i do a level maths :frown:

I hope that you are able to do a-level maths...GOOD LUCK!! :smile:
Reply 22
Any predictions for what mark will be needed for a C?
Original post by brainzistheword
If you don't get an A* you're not doing it for a level?

A* or really high A, do you want to do it next year?
Original post by 0lut0
Any predictions for what mark will be needed for a C?

Last year it was higher than normal and the people at my school who would usually get a C got D's! so i would say late 60's again but it depends on the complexity of the paper
A* or really high A, do you want to do it next year?

Ah i see, and yeah Maths and Further Maths so I am bricking it :biggrin:
Ah i see, and yeah Maths and Further Maths so I am bricking it :biggrin:

oh woowww, what do you wanna be?
oh woowww, what do you wanna be?

I've no idea yet, though I have considered engineer. My A level choices would be Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics and Geology :smile:

What about you?
Reply 28
I actually thought the 2015 papers were alright as I had them for my mocks a while ago.Just a few questions were worded differently but I felt the difficulty wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. But eh, I guess it varies between people.
Reply 30
Who else feels doomed because if they do not get an A in maths this year hey can't do it for A level?:smile:
I've no idea yet, though I have considered engineer. My A level choices would be Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics and Geology :smile:

What about you?

Interesting! My dad use to be a chemical engineer so if you have any questions i would be happy to ask him for you! and i have no idea yet i want to take maths and science next yr but FM would be too much for me
Original post by Rajive
Who else feels doomed because if they do not get an A in maths this year hey can't do it for A level?:smile:

me!
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I actually thought the 2015 papers were alright as I had them for my mocks a while ago.Just a few questions were worded differently but I felt the difficulty wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. But eh, I guess it varies between people.

Really? I mean yeah some people just naturally get maths tho so idk, i mean the C boundary was pretty high last year so maybe it wasn't that bad
Original post by the-future-medic
I hope that this year's paper is easy cause I really want to do a-levels

Same!!! In my school you have to get more than an A but for the uni course I'm thinking of doing I need an A*. If you don't mind me asking what get you get in the mock?? I got 63% I think
Original post by Rajive

Same!! I scrapped an A in the mock so I'm hoping the real thing is easier!! What do you wanna be or which other subjects are you thinking?? I'm already freaked out about A level I don't wanna be scared of GCSE too
Reply 36
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Same!! I scrapped an A in the mock so I'm hoping the real thing is easier!! What do you wanna be or which other subjects are you thinking?? I'm already freaked out about A level I don't wanna be scared of GCSE too

I am planning to take:
Maths
Economics
History
Politics

In the previous mock j did I was 7 marks off of an A and that was the November 2015 paper which was a weird paper in my opinion. I am scared as well I hopefully wanna know everything on the spec in time for the exam. What subjects are you taking?
Original post by Rajive

Yup, I'm in that exact position. A few people have told me to expect the exam to be really hard this year because it's the last one(before reforms). As well as this, the college I'm hoping to go to requires A in GCSE Maths to do Chemistry. At this point I'm reconsidering taking Maths at A-level :biggrin:
Original post by Rajive
I am planning to take:
Maths
Economics
History
Politics

In the previous mock j did I was 7 marks off of an A and that was the November 2015 paper which was a weird paper in my opinion. I am scared as well I hopefully wanna know everything on the spec in time for the exam. What subjects are you taking?

You will be fine don't worry!! Just practise the annoying questions when it's like here is a circle shows 5n^2 + 20n + 5 = 0 like no thank you!!

Maths
Economics
Spanish
Biology (weird I know but I love biology so much)
lool maths is a massive no, deffo not passing -_-

Quick Reply

Latest