The Student Room Group

Unconditional offers from Russell group unis

Hello I was just wondering if anyone had received an unconditional offers from any Russell group university's ? And if so what grades did you get in your As
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I got an unconditional from QMUL to study physics. I took Maths, Further Math, Physics and economics in my A levels and scored AAC for my math, physics and economics respectively.
Original post by Frasaur
Hi, I got an unconditional from QMUL to study physics. I took Maths, Further Math, Physics and economics in my A levels and scored AAC for my math, physics and economics respectively.

That's really good ! I also applied to QMUL, to study Psychology
(edited 7 years ago)
Got Unconditionals offers from Southampton and King's College for Computer Science.

Firmed King's College :redface:
Original post by SuperStar#7
Got Unconditionals offers from Southampton and King's College for Computer Science.

Congratulations ! May i ask what you got in your As ?
Original post by Alevelshelp123
Congratulations ! May i ask what you got in your As ?

I took IB's privately and got 39.

:smile:
I took IB's privately and got 39.

:smile:

wow that's really good, congrats :smile:
wow that's really good, congrats :smile:

Reply 8
That's really good ! I also applied to QMUL, to study Psychology

That sounds great! i hope you get accepted! :smile:
Original post by Frasaur
That sounds great! i hope you get accepted! :smile:

Thanks, I got a conditional offer from them back in October :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
There are many RG unis offering unconditional offers. It all started with Birmingham and Nottingham are now also giving them. The idea of these unconditional offers is to entice students to go to their universities. Don't be fooled by them. They are done for the benefit of the university and only accept them if that is where you actually want to go.
I don't keep if you'll count it but I got an unconditional form Glasgow Uni
I got an unconditional from Birmingham to study Ancient History.

Posted from TSR Mobile
unconditionals from Newcastle/Leicester and two QMUL courses but that's because I took a gap year :colondollar:
It is completely, totally and utterly normal for RG universities to hand out unconditional offers to those who already have their grades and are on a gap year.

It is another matter entirely to hand out unconditional offers to those who have yet to finish their A Levels. Many RG unis do not do this at all, as a matter of policy, and the person below is certainly in that situation, as KCL doesn't do unconditional offers for Y13s (not sure about Southampton)

This questions is far too broad for the answers to be of any meaningful use to you.

Typically, those that receive unconditional offers have met or exceeded the stated entry requirements for the course they applied for. Occasionally somebody will be admitted despite not meeting these conditions but they will be in the minority.
Reply 16
Hello I was just wondering if anyone had received an unconditional offers from any Russell group university's ? And if so what grades did you get in your As

Unconditionals before completing your A-levels? Or with A-level results in hand?

The former is becoming a marketing tactic by some universities including RGs. Note, it's to benefit them, not you.

Choose the course & uni you prefer, and not because you think they will offer you an unconditional.

(Edit: just noticed you also asked this question in another thread...)
(edited 7 years ago)
I have one from Liverpool for Biochemistry. Although that's not very useful to you.
Thanks everyone who has replied so far :smile:
Reply 19
I have an unconditional if I firm Nottingham for Biochemistry and Molecular medicine. At AS I got AAABC in Biology, Chemistry, RS and Critical THinking. I'm predicted A*AAA in Biology, Chemistry, RS and EPQ

Quick Reply

Latest