The Student Room Group

I just give up on i gsce chemistry

The revison guide is very daunting and i triee watching videos. There is too many equations to remember and process. I remember when i used to hate biology but now i love it but theres no hope in chemistry
Reply 1
You can do it! Never give up, if it's formulas remember that they give you a formula sheet but you need to remember the units. Which videos did you watch because these don't bore you as they're short and precise:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG01NGEFnfaJ7Dynll4oI6yGwMEC_131J (C2)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG01NGEFnfaL38gWlYwD9FN2gHWEmAAib (C3)
(edited 8 years ago)
I Got an A in it.

Chemistry is probably the easiest science subjects.
Never give up!!!

shia labeouf says it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
Reply 4
Lol I'm very impatient 😠
Original post by waleed29
The revison guide is very daunting and i triee watching videos. There is too many equations to remember and process. I remember when i used to hate biology but now i love it but theres no hope in chemistry

A great hard-core revision template is to do the following:
Read, Say, Cover, Write, Check, Repeat. By repeating this over and over you'll eventually find that it imprints itself into your mind.

Alternatively if you wish to avoid the repetition I've been using a fantastic website called Tassomai. Before I get blamed for advertising it does cost money for the course but I have to say that it really worked for me. I am much more confident now about my GCSE's as an A/A* scientist than I was at the B/C grade. Tassomai offers you a free mini test at first so you don't have to plunge right in.

Hope this helps :wink:
Reply 6
So each page i read i repeat it untill i get it in my head? Would this technique help the chemistry facts in my long-term memory? And how many hours do u recommend i revise in chemistry as im currently a e and f but in my mocks i got a c
Reply 7
Are you doing past papers?
Make sure you keep doing them over and over again as the questions are very similar each year.

What topics are you struggling with?
Reply 8
Equations and remembering all of the formula
PLEASE don't worry about the equations- theres not that many in chemistry (compared to physics) ! Learn your empirical formulas as they are normally a lot of marks. I recommend my-gcsescience.com and if you don't have a subscription, message me I'll send you a link to them
Reply 10
Original post by waleed29
Equations and remembering all of the formula

Print out a worksheet of equations and try to do them. The more equations you do, the more practice you'll have and the easier it'll become for you.

With formulas you have to keep writing them out until you've memorised them.

One mistake I made- I didn't bother learning the colour changes with ions etc. so I lost a few marks because of that.
Make sure you learn all those because they're worth quite a bit in the exam.
Reply 11
Original post by jazz_xox_
PLEASE don't worry about the equations- theres not that many in chemistry (compared to physics) ! Learn your empirical formulas as they are normally a lot of marks. I recommend my-gcsescience.com and if you don't have a subscription, message me I'll send you a link to them
yes plz bro I'll need anything thay can get me a c or above and thank you all for supporting me

Quick Reply

Latest