The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick 2/3rd year housing

between Leamington Spa and Coventry where would you prefer to live?
Original post by Victoria Mawer

Leamington 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Coventry. Within walking distance of the uni: **** that morning bus.
Reply 3

Leam 100%. All part of the Warwick experience.. We chose Warwick over Coventry for a reason
You're missing out Kenilworth, which is increasingly popular. Verrrrry nice area. Also Canley/Tile Hill, which allows you to walk into uni.

I lived in Leamington in second year (with Warwick Accommodation) and the houses aren't bad, but OH MY GOD the pain of waiting for those buses in the pissing rain and the cold. The times that over-full buses just passed you by. The times the same thing happened when you were trying to LEAVE campus and it was dark. Eugh.

There's also nothing happening in Leamington. It's essentially just a few nice restaurants, a naff shopping mall and a couple of supermarkets, so you have to get out to do anything/not go mad.

In this respect - unless you're up for heading into Birmingham/London regularly - Coventry is much better as a place to go, just not necessarily as a place to live.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Princepieman
Leamington 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

You literally don't even go there. It's so frustrating seeing you post all kinds of stuff around the forums on topics you obviously know nothing about.
Original post by Greatleysteg
You literally don't even go there. It's so frustrating seeing you post all kinds of stuff around the forums on topics you obviously know nothing about.

Calm down.. No need to be so aggro.

I don't just post crap without any backing, most of the people I know at Warwick suggest Leamington. If I wanted to speak out of my ass, I'd happily do so but I don't. I find out information from various sources before posting. If you're irritated by my presence, block me. Simple.

Christ.
Original post by Princepieman
Calm down.. No need to be so aggro.

I don't just post crap without any backing, most of the people I know at Warwick suggest Leamington. If I wanted to speak out of my ass, I'd happily do so but I don't. I find out information from various sources before posting. If you're irritated by my presence, block me. Simple.

Christ.

Yeah, you're always referring to your so-called sources, and "the people you know". Quite well connected, aren't you?

How helpful do you really think your response was in the context of this thread? I'll give you a hand: it wasn't at all. It didn't contribute anything to the discussion.

If you don't know anything about 2/3rd year Warwick accommodation, being neither a second nor third year, nor a graduate, nor even a fresher, then please just butt out. There's no need for your arrogance in thinking you have the answer to everything.

Alternatively, if you're going to post something relying on the experience of others, or based on external sources, then cite those sources.

I shouldn't have to say this to a member of support staff.

Christ.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Greatleysteg
Yeah, you're always referring to your so-called sources, and "the people you know". Quite well connected, aren't you?

Yes, because I actually DO know a lot of people. Whether you believe that or not is your issue, and not mine.

How helpful do you really think your response was in the context of this thread? I'll give you a hand: it wasn't at all. It didn't contribute anything to the discussion.

How helpful is 'Leam 100%'? Why didn't you go down that guy's throat like you're doing with me right now?

If you don't know anything about 2/3rd year Warwick accommodation, being neither a second nor third year, nor a graduate, nor even a fresher, then please just butt out. There's no need for your arrogance in thinking you have the answer to everything.

What's this pissing contest going to achieve? That you're supposedly 'right'? And I'm 'wrong'? Is your ego really that important so as to put other people down? It's absolutely ridiculous that I have to have these conversations with people just because they feel some need to assert dominance.

Alternatively, if you're going to post something relying on the experience of others, or based on external sources, then cite those sources.

I will make my sources known where needs be. I'm not going dish out a laundry list of all the people I speak to. I don't need you to tell me that.

I shouldn't have to say this to a member of support staff.

Exactly, so hit the block or ignore button. If you don't want to see my posts, that is your issue. This is an open forum where everyone can converse.

Look, I'm not going to care ultimately what your opinion of me is. You can carry on trying to be the alpha dog here, but it's not going to matter. So, instead of these blatant 'oh, look you're speaking BS' posts, block me.
(edited 8 years ago)
om nom nom *popcorn eating gif*
Lol I'm not at Warwick but I can tell you that Coventry is a ****hole compared to leamington- it's like comparing Brixton to Chelsea (Londoners will know what I mean).

Canley is walking distance from uni and I know of rooms available so please get in touch if you need! (07886681512)
Original post by sonialall
Canley is walking distance from uni and I know of rooms available so please get in touch if you need! (07886681512)

I wouldn't put someone's phone number on a public forum. PM that person instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending