The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrokenLife
Next time you want to quote me, change your tone or don't bother.

And my reason isn't just the culture but Islamic sexist and homophobic views too. Don't tell me about my reasons for drifting away for I know them better.

What's your deal with Homosexuality?

Do you support Sodomy and sexually transmitted diseases?

I didn't need God to tell me that the act of homosexuality is a sick and disgusting one.
Original post by WBZ144
My brother's justification was that this verse only applied to cases of financial transactions and that it was no longer relevant because women are much better educated in financial matters nowadays. He forgets the fact that all four of the Sunni schools of thought equated two female witnesses to one male in all matters.

While you could say that it is not now applicable but its just ridiculous to class one gender as less deficient. Another issue that I have is the sects in Islam. Which one is the right one? Who to follow?
Original post by SuperStar#7
What's your deal with Homosexuality?

Do you support Sodomy and sexually transmitted diseases?

I didn't need God to tell me that the act of homosexuality is a sick and disgusting one.

Rofl... because straight people don't get sexually transmitted diseases. And yeah, two people loving each other is so disgusting, aint it?

It turns out you're completely nuts. Probably wasting our time here.
Next time you want to quote me, change your tone or don't bother.

And my reason isn't just the culture but Islamic sexist and homophobic views too. Don't tell me about my reasons for drifting away for I know them better.

I'll quote whoever whenever I want with whatever tone.

But I just did.
Original post by *Stefan*
Rofl... because straight people don't get sexually transmitted diseases. And yeah, two people loving each other is so disgusting, aint it?

It turns out you're completely nuts. Probably wasting our time here.

The acts are unnatural.

The sexual organs in the body weren't designed in the opposite sex for show.

Sodomy is an unnatural act.
You must be insane if you think that I am gonna read all that copy and paste, or believe that there is justification of a supposed prophet for calling women mentally deficient to men.

You must be insane to expect a two sentenced response for a quotation taken from the Qur'aan - which should be noted, is translated from Arabic to English, and as pointed out in the response I provided you, fails to suffice the original meaning which makes a significant difference to the meaning.

I just typed up more stuff until I realised you probably won't even read it.

Anyway, enjoy reading The Sun and The Daily Mail with your cup of cheap coffee, you moron.
You obviously know nothing about Christianity as written in Hebrews 8 1 :13, The old laws given to moses and his people at that time apart from the ten commandments are abolished.

Please read those verses.

Are you saying there is no female oppression what so ever in the bible? Are you saying it's perfect and sums up equality of gender? Wow we should so replace it with human rights then!

Another note

- 20:17 Wife as property. 21:4 Wife and children belong to master. 21:7-11 OK to sell daughters. Female slaves can be used for sex. Polygamy permitted. Unwanted female slaves can be set “free” without payment of money.
The acts are unnatural.

The sexual organs in the body weren't designed in the opposite sex for show.

Sodomy is an unnatural act.

Unnatural according to whom?

The anus is an erogenous area (biologically, penetration stimulates nerves).

So, try again.
While you could say that it is not now applicable but its just ridiculous to class one gender as less deficient. Another issue that I have is the sects in Islam. Which one is the right one? Who to follow?

Lol yeah, I grew up learning the Hanbali Wahhabi version of Islam in Saudi. Then I moved back here and decided that I would just pick and choose different rules from different scholars to suit my own way of life :P. The whole thing is incredibly confusing.
Not offended.

Just bewildered how their so called Jesus isn't recorded anywhere in history and is only supported by a book that claimed ants could talk, while the Christian Jesus was recorded by ancient and even modern historians to be a factual being.

I guess the location of Noah's arc being correct in the Quran as opposed to that of the Christians bewilders you too huh?
Original post by HAnwar

But I just did.

What is it? Can't take criticism of your all-precious religion?
Original post by Squishy•
You guys are really missing out on knowledge if you are being too ignorant to watch this video. Literally I could argue with you but what is the point when a person of more knowledge has a whole video about it and you are too ignorant to watch it?

Brokenlife, Men have to provide all their money for their family whilst a woman can keep her money for herself as it's not her duty. With men inheriting 2:1 ratio of girls that is due to the fact women can keep their money for them self however men have to split and share it among their family as they have to provide for them.

I agree as whatever a women earns, she is not required to provide or use that income for her family, whereas men are
Oh here we go about the translation argument.

I like how allah the most powerful being in existence, was stupid enough to give out the qu'ran to be specifically read in an obscure language that only 11% of the world speaks fluently.

And no i don't read that rubbish, you're deluded assumptions shows your clear stupidity.

The official language of 26 countries...
With you saying it's only in an obscure language, implying hardly anyone will be able to follow the religion or get close to it how come it's the fastest growing religion in the world?
Original post by *Stefan*
My ignorance? You're the one believing butterflies are superman.

You do realise that the Old Testament is basically the Hebrew Bible with some material removed and some added, right?

You are saying that the Prophesies are real because the Bible says so. Well, the New Testament, the book that supposedly says that the prophesies are real, was written AFTER the death of Jesus. Writers had no first-hand experience over what happened. It is obvious that they relied heavily on the Old Testament to prescribe characteristics that Jesus supposedly has. So, what you're doing here is dismiss my source because the events were written shortly after the death of Jesus and rely on sources which were written much, much later. Do you see the idiocy now, or need I explain it again?

Sure, Tacitus, who is highly revered as a historian, is not worth mentioning because he disagreed with you. Sounds completely logical. And don't forget that he had as much reason to hate on Nero -which he did throughout-, so what you say doesn't make sense either.

Perhaps take your advice for your own good.

Case dismissed.

Listen up mate, because it's clear that you have never done any substantial research into the Bible apart from classes in school.

The Gospels account of John, was written at the time of Jesus. Maybe I should write that again. AT THE TIME OF JESUS. You moron. All this nonsense about the new testament being written after the time of Jesus not only shows your ignorance but shows your desperation, because we have historians who Origen who gave commentaries on those verses 40 years after the death of christ, testifying that the Gospel of John was written at the time of Christ, the writer is unknown, I will give you that, but the time it was written is known to most theological scholars as around 1-2 AD.

Next argument.
Original post by HAnwar

But I just did.

Well, then going by your own rule, I can also say my opinion whenever and about whatever I think so.

:kiss:

Also, if you're going to be defensive about your religion, at least have the courtesy to be polite enough so at least people will be drawn towards your argument and may consider it.
Original post by fire_and_ice
You must be insane to expect a two sentenced response for a quotation taken from the Qur'aan - which should be noted, is translated from Arabic to English, and as pointed out in the response I provided you, fails to suffice the original meaning which makes a significant difference to the meaning.

I just typed up more stuff until I realised you probably won't even read it.

Anyway, enjoy reading The Sun and The Daily Mail with your cup of cheap coffee, you moron.

Your God screwed up, Arabic is an insignificant language in global terms, the language that matters is English.

Maybe in the future Mandarin.

And he spoke in Arabic and can't be correctly translated so no non Arab speaker can understand him? :biggrin:
The official language of 26 countries...
With you saying it's only in an obscure language, implying hardly anyone will be able to follow the religion or get close to it how come it's the fastest growing religion in the world?

That is based on birth rates and not conversion.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/23/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

What's your next argument.
I guess the location of Noah's arc being correct in the Quran as opposed to that of the Christians bewilders you too huh?

LOL, the Bible said that Noah's arc will be located in Turkey, specifically the mountains of ararat and yes it is located in turkey.

Genesis 8:4

"In the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. "

They even built a resort.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-remains-discovered-mountain-Turkey.html
Oh here we go about the translation argument.

I like how allah the most powerful being in existence, was stupid enough to give out the qu'ran to be specifically read in an obscure language that only 11% of the world speaks fluently.

And no i don't read that rubbish, you're deluded assumptions shows your clear stupidity.

The translation argument is a strong and perfectly rational defence, which clearly, you fail to understand. There are some things which cannot be rephrased in another language in a manner that perfectly suffices the meaning and emphasis. But then again, it's no surprise considering how stubborn, ignorant and narrow-minded you seem to be.

Of course you "don't read that rubbish", lol. You wouldn't understand it, anyway.

It's also 'your'.
Well, then going by your own rule, I can also say my opinion whenever and about whatever I think so.

:kiss:

Also, if you're going to be defensive about your religion, at least have the courtesy to be polite enough so at least people will be drawn towards your argument and may consider it.

I never said you couldn't.

Same goes to you. But tbh it wasn't much of an argument, just you commenting 'don't tell me this', 'don't tell me that'.

Anyways night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending