The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
Any tips on how to stay focused? I'm actually quite motivated but I just keep getting distracted by literally EVERYTHING. I've barely done anything because I just haven't been able to concentrate for more than about 5 minutes :s-smilie:

Try putting things that distract you away from you or maybe give them to someone else . Try listening to music and stay calm or have a rest then go and revise. Also try something new in terms of revision like past papers, flashcards etc...
UPDATE 04/04/16

Hey people So today, I went to the dentist and it took forever ... However, I got quite a bit done

1. Reviewed Physics Unit 3 - Lasted 2 hours , it would have taken longer but i did an hour yesterday
2. 2 Past papers and weaknesses - Hydraulics, Transformers, Calculations
3. Dates for past papers
4. Questions on my workbook

Tomorrow i would be doing all sorts of revision and not just one subject YAY
UPDATE FOR 04/04/16

Done some stuff today, but not much - I am definitely looking forward to the Easter break!!

Geography revision of 8 mark questions - particularly One Child Policy

C4 revision - ionic bonding, flame tests, ionic compounds, atomic structure, mass/proton numbers

Heroes revision - key themes

History notes on Cold War - US reaction, Bay of Pigs, diplomatic pressures etc (I would like to finish these by tomorrow and get it all printed into neat booklets to revise from)

Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 04/04/16
Done some stuff today, but not much - I am definitely looking forward to the Easter break!!

C4 revision - ionic bonding, flame tests, ionic compounds, atomic structure, mass/proton numbers

History notes on Cold War - US reaction, Bay of Pigs, diplomatic pressures etc (I would like to finish these by tomorrow and get it all printed into neat booklets to revise from)

I wish I took geography as an option. :frown:
I chose computing because it might be interesting but it's hard and the theory isn't very interesting at all.
I was actually interested in geography too :frown: How do you find Geography exams?
I finally remembered to update you guys.

Went over B1-7 and did all the post 2012 past papers. I got an A star for all of them.

Went over History Unit 1 making sure I knew dates and years. More simple than I had initially thought.

Looked over Business past paper and mark schemes. Idk why but I find Business piss easy.

Went on Hegarty maths ( hoping to finish all the topics by this week ).

Went over P7. Didn't do any past papers.

I will now go over my French speaking questions and on that bombshell....

Posted from TSR Mobile
for the people who read my English, did my points have clarity to them? xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 04/04/16

Hey people So today, I went to the dentist and it took forever ... However, I got quite a bit done

1. Reviewed Physics Unit 3 - Lasted 2 hours , it would have taken longer but i did an hour yesterday
2. 2 Past papers and weaknesses - Hydraulics, Transformers, Calculations
3. Dates for past papers
4. Questions on my workbook

Tomorrow i would be doing all sorts of revision and not just one subject YAY

Very well done - you've achieved a lot. How are you enjoying your Easter break? :smile:

Any tips on how to stay focused? I'm actually quite motivated but I just keep getting distracted by literally EVERYTHING. I've barely done anything because I just haven't been able to concentrate for more than about 5 minutes :s-smilie:

I've got 2 things:

1) Keep a notebook nearby each time you revise and whenever you get distracted write down what it is that distracts you, then you can see how many times, say, your phone distracts you, or if your mind wanders and that way you can look at ways to tackle it

2) If you get distracted by things in your room, try going to the library or a cafe somewhere, maybe even a friends house (as long as you both want to study). The change of scenery can also help you take in information :smile:
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
I wish I took geography as an option. :frown:
I chose computing because it might be interesting but it's hard and the theory isn't very interesting at all.
I was actually interested in geography too :frown: How do you find Geography exams?

It's really interesting, but there are soooo many case studies - I think we have about 35 to memorise for the exams and the 8 mark questions require such specific detail it is unreal. Saying that though, I don't think I would swap the subject for anything else, because it is so varied and there are endless possibilities for the subject :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
for the people who read my English, did my points have clarity to them? xx

Definitely
UPDATE FOR 04/04/16

well done Zoe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did a p7 past paper. Got 100 per cent. Yayyyyy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
my best friend has got her short course RE GCSE exam on May 3rd. I do long course (so won't be taking mine until next year.) she got a B in her mock, but wants to improve that to an A* in her real thing. she would like to know how to do so? (she finds it to be very content heavy)

any advice would be very much appreciated by her, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Just did a p7 past paper. Got 100 per cent. Yayyyyy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you do that?? P7 is really hit and miss with me - I'm so interested in the content but the exams are horrific! :s-smilie:
How did you do that?? P7 is really hit and miss with me - I'm so interested in the content but the exams are horrific! :s-smilie:

Idk. I just like physics because of the astrology bit of it and everything. It just sticks. I just apply the knowledge to the paper. However, sometimes just the knowledge alone won't help you.At times it's as easy as common sense. Let me know if you need some help though.
Thank you, yeah I have tried to! So far I am a quarter way through what I need to do today :/

Awh, I hope you managed to get a little more done this evening, but if not then don't worry about it- tomorrow's a new day! :smile:
my best friend has got her short course RE GCSE exam on May 3rd. I do long course (so won't be taking mine until next year.) she got a B in her mock, but wants to improve that to an A* in her real thing. she would like to know how to do so? (she finds it to be very content heavy)

any advice would be very much appreciated by her, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I recommend trying to condense each sub-topic into revision cards:smile: for content heavy subjects I think revision cards are really useful as they're portable so you can carry them in your bag and go through them on the way to and from school, or in the morning before school starts, or with a parent / sibling in the evening. I'd also say to focus on learning a few bible quotes as they boost your mark when you use them to justify your points or opinion (at least that's the case with my exam board). Good luck to your friend :smile:
Original post by grace143
Awh, I hope you managed to get a little more done this evening, but if not then don't worry about it- tomorrow's a new day! :smile:

hey grace, unfortunately i couldn't as i had a bad headache.
however tomorrow i aim to get the other 3 quarters done and dusted :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am up late but tonight i have figured out what i want to do with my life and where i want to study at uni😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am up late but tonight i have figured out what i want to do with my life and where i want to study at uni😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it not Law at Oxford ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 04/04/16

well done :smile: :biggrin:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I finally remembered to update you guys.

Went over B1-7 and did all the post 2012 past papers. I got an A star for all of them.

Went over History Unit 1 making sure I knew dates and years. More simple than I had initially thought.

Looked over Business past paper and mark schemes. Idk why but I find Business piss easy.

Went on Hegarty maths ( hoping to finish all the topics by this week ).

Went over P7. Didn't do any past papers.

I will now go over my French speaking questions and on that bombshell....

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow you've done a lot ... well done :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending