The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperStar#7
What exactly is your point?

That Jesus might have existed but didn't preach him being a deity on earth?

So why was he persecuted and executed?

Are you gonna say that never happened to?

Jesus existed, preached and was influential.

He did not have any superhuman powers though.

Plain and simple.
LOL, the Bible said that Noah's arc will be located in Turkey, specifically the mountains of ararat and yes it is located in turkey.

Genesis 8:4

"In the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. "

They even built a resort.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1269165/Noahs-Ark-remains-discovered-mountain-Turkey.html

I'm sorry but please look it up. Christians were way off and the Quran were exactly right. Your ignorance is beyond comprehension. Little research will show that the Quran was correct and the bible was off. Come on, you have the intellect to do that at least don't you?
Also do you just look at Christian websites?
Every single one of your sources are biased and very little scientific validity.
Original post by BrokenLife
Absolutely, since you cannot tell me anything. if I've said I disagree with inheritence laws of Islam, that's pretty obvious that I know the reasoning behind it.

And may I say that I have no issue with you on a personal level at all, but I just didn't like how you worded that question of yours.

'bothered' and I would suggest you to read my post that I quoted you last in again.

LOL I do not wish to talk to people who bring up assumptions. I don't have any issues with her as of that sort rather her ridiculous defensive attitude here.

yes absolutely, I could have said that but I cannot stand such defensive attitude. But then she could have just said 'do you know the reasoning behind it?' instead of assuming I haven't 'bothered' to know the reasoning. If I'm saying that inheritence laws of Islam put me off Islam, then that is clear that I have read them and i know the reasoning behind it.

It says you quoted me but I can't see it:confused:
Original post by Al-farhan
I also have read it, and I respectfully disagree.
Do you mind me asking why you disagree or what your issues might be with those laws?

Whether its because the man financially runs the home and when he gets married he has to feed his family and that when a woman gets married, his husband needs to feed or financially look after her as well so he needs more share or anything other reason, the mere fact that it divides inheritence unequally based on the genitals of humans is rather unacceptable for me. I also believe that they aren't applicable in the age where so many women work and are and look after themselves financially.
Original post by *Stefan*
Jesus existed, preached and was influential.

He did not have any superhuman powers though.

Plain and simple.

And the second statement is backed by who?

What makes the evidence produced by secular scholars, less authentic than the ones made by Christian scholars?

Plus, if Jesus was just preaching, what did he preach about that made him get crucified?
Original post by Squishy•
I'm sorry but please look it up. Christians were way off and the Quran were exactly right. Your ignorance is beyond comprehension. Little research will show that the Quran was correct and the bible was off. Come on, you have the intellect to do that at least don't you?
Also do you just look at Christian websites?
Every single one of your sources are biased and very little scientific validity.

Christians were way off?

You're saying the Quran got this right and got that right, with no scripture to support your claim. While I. The expert.

Brought out a direct verse from the Bible stating that the Ark landed in the mountains of Ararat in Turkey, where it actually is and you're saying it's wrong?

I also like how you said my Daily mail link is a Christian link hahaha. What a troll.

This is probably stefan's troll account. Trying to anger me Haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
And the second statement is backed by who?

What makes the evidence produced by secular scholars, less authentic than the ones made by Christian scholars?

Plus, if Jesus was just preaching, what did he preach about that made him get crucified?

Erm, the burden of proof falls on those who say that he has powers. No reliable source exists to prove that. And it is common sense.

When did I say that? If you refer to the person who wrote the article a "secular scholar", you must be joking.

He did preach about him being a God - which is what led him to this mess. The account of him being unable to escape is simply hilarious, considering the other miracles he performed.
That is based on birth rates and not conversion.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/23/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

What's your next argument.

Muslims have more faith than Christians and this is a factor of the speed at which Islam is growing. It was proven that Muslims are less likely to leave their religion, why is this? Because Islam makes sense and hasn't got a single contradiction, also the Quran has 80% proved correct with the last 20% being ambiguous or unable to be proven as of yet with the scientific advancements.
The miracles of the Quran are too much for me to explain.
Majority of Christians have never been to church in this day and age, they are just called that on record due to the country they're born in. Also the fact that rate at which Islam is growing is due to birth rate: having more children and being a Muslim are two independent things and there is no causal link. You could suggest that the areas in which Islam is abundant correlate with areas where there is a high birth rate but that is also disregarded due to the fact that Hinduism and Sikhism are very abundant also in those areas and the same affect isn't seen there.
Erm, the burden of proof falls on those who say that he has powers. No reliable source exists to prove that. And it is common sense.

When did I say that? If you refer to the person who wrote the article a "secular scholar", you must be joking.

He did preach about him being a God - which is what led him to this mess. The account of him being unable to escape is simply hilarious, considering the other miracles he performed.

Unable to escape what?

You see this is why I called you stupid.

Why would he escape being crucified when his entire purpose of being on earth was to redeem and save the world? I'm sure even you have read John 3:16?

He was born to die. He preached about being holy because he was.

The scriptures write about how he prevented his followers from fighting the guards that took him away because he was denying him his purpose, so again I ask you.

What's your point?
(edited 7 years ago)
Christians were way off?

You're saying the Quran got this right and got that right, with no scripture to support your claim. While I. The expert.

Brought out a direct verse from the Bible stating that the Ark landed in the mountains of Ararat in Turkey, where it actually is and you're saying it's wrong?

I also like how you said my Daily mail link is a Christian link hahaha. What a troll.

This is probably stefan's troll account. Trying to anger me Haha.

I said all of your links are incredibly biased and stupid. Would you ever see Daily mail promoting Islam?
I am on my phone but you can easily search it up and be overwhelmed with the amount of evidence that you get. It's easy to search.
Muslims have more faith than Christians and this is a factor of the speed at which Islam is growing. It was proven that Muslims are less likely to leave their religion, why is this? Because Islam makes sense and hasn't got a single contradiction, also the Quran has 80% proved correct with the last 20% being ambiguous or unable to be proven as of yet with the scientific advancements.
The miracles of the Quran are too much for me to explain.
Majority of Christians have never been to church in this day and age, they are just called that on record due to the country they're born in. Also the fact that rate at which Islam is growing is due to birth rate: having more children and being a Muslim are two independent things and there is no causal link. You could suggest that the areas in which Islam is abundant correlate with areas where there is a high birth rate but that is also disregarded due to the fact that Hinduism and Sikhism are very abundant also in those areas and the same affect isn't seen there.

Like how Alexander the great travelled so far west that he saw the setting place of the sun in a pool of water and that people also live there in Quran 18:86?
I said all of your links are incredibly biased and stupid. Would you ever see Daily mail promoting Islam?
I am on my phone but you can easily search it up and be overwhelmed with the amount of evidence that you get. It's easy to search.

You realise that I could also pull out a link that isn't from the Daily mail saying the exact thing I said about the ark?

I guess that is also a biased christian KKK site right?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100428-noahs-ark-found-in-turkey-science-religion-culture/
Unable to escape what?

You see this is why I called you stupid.

Why would he escape being crucified when his entire purpose of being on earth was the redeem and save the world? I'm sure even you have read John 3:16?

He was born to die. He preached about being holy because he was.

The scriptures write about how he prevented his followers from fighting the guards that took him away because he was denying him his purpose, so again I ask you.

What's your point?

You called me stupid because you're a weakling and can't argue.

According to Mark, Matthew and Luke (the originals as you called them), Jesus begged God to save him from crucifixion. Now I'm not sure how this registers on your little brain, but it would imply that if he had the power to do it himself, he'd have done it.

My point has changed, actually - learn some basics before you spur crap.
You realise that I could also pull out a link that isn't from the Daily mail saying the exact thing I said about the ark?

I guess that is also a biased christian KKK site right?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100428-noahs-ark-found-in-turkey-science-religion-culture/

"A team of evangelical Christian explorers claim they've found the remains of Noah's ark beneath snow and volcanic debris on Turkey's Mount Ararat (map).

But some archaeologists and historians are taking the latest claim that Noah's ark has been found about as seriously as they have past ones—which is to say not very."

I can't even get you seriously anymore...
You called me stupid because you're a weakling and can't argue.

According to Mark, Matthew and Luke (the originals as you called them), Jesus begged God to save him from crucifixion. Now I'm not sure how this registers on your little brain, but it would imply that if he had the power to do it himself, he'd have done it.

My point has changed, actually - learn some basics before you spur crap.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

OMG, What an Idiot hahahahaha.

Show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus begged God to prevent him from being crucified you stupid idiot.

This is where you finally lost the argument, displayed your lack of debating skills, and your obvious ignorance of the Bible.

Please show me.
Remember stefan. I'm asking you to show me where Jesus says, God please don't let them crucify me, because God sent him to earth to get crucified.
"A team of evangelical Christian explorers claim they've found the remains of Noah's ark beneath snow and volcanic debris on Turkey's Mount Ararat (map).

But some archaeologists and historians are taking the latest claim that Noah's ark has been found about as seriously as they have past ones—which is to say not very."

I can't even get you seriously anymore...

The fact that the specifications of the thing they found, along with the location, match exactly with the Biblical account speaks for itself mate.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL

OMG, What an Idiot hahahahaha.

Show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus begged God to prevent him from being crucified you stupid idiot.

This is where you finally lost the argument, displayed your lack of debating skills, and your obvious ignorance of the Bible.

Please show me.

Remember stefan. I'm asking you to show me where Jesus says, God please don't let them crucify me, because God sent him to earth to get crucified.

It's hilarious that you call me all those things before even letting me give you the sources (which you should have known already).

Matthew 26:36-42: And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. ... O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Mark 14:35-36: And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:41-42: And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

I'm not really surprised - extremist Christians rarely know what they believe well enough. At least shut your mouth next time and save yourself from absolute embarrassment.
The fact that the specifications of the thing they found, along with the location, match exactly with the Biblical account speaks for itself mate.

They have said the same thing a thousand times. What speaks for itself is your utter ignorance. What a gullible being.
This thread is supposed to be Islam vs feminism but what I'm seeing is Christianity vs Islam like what? Insulting Christianity does not better Islam.

Quick Reply

Latest