The Student Room Group

Shocking tweets against Jamie Vardie's 1 yr old daughter

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/04/footballer-jamie-vardy-twitter-threats-to-daughter

Jamie Vardie's partner tweeted a picture of their daughter on his timeline. She really is utterly adorable, maybe almost as cute as an otter. Reminds me a lot of my niece.

Unfortunately, some sick individuals started tweeting rape threats against her, which is so :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:-ing disgusting.

https://twitter.com/vardy7/status/716714339571539968

I think they should be imprisoned. Not for 10 years, but a substantial 6 month sentence or thereabouts

What is it about the internet that brings real creeps out of the woodwork? There seems to be nexus between people who hide behind the label of free speech pioneer along with PUA idiots like Roosh V and other sickos. In the old days these :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ers would have got the **** kicked out of them down the working mens club if they even hinted at something so foul.

The internet has been an amazing boon for humanity, but it also allows various forms of pondscum to have a platform they never had before.

Thoughts?

what the dolphin is wrong with these individuals? they should all be castrated (for that matter, all rapists / sex offenders should)
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/04/footballer-jamie-vardy-twitter-threats-to-daughter

Jamie Vardie's partner tweeted a picture of their daughter on his timeline. She really is utterly adorable, maybe almost as cute as an otter. Reminds me a lot of my niece.

Unfortunately, some sick individuals started tweeting rape threats against her, which is so :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:-ing disgusting.

I think they should be imprisoned. Not for 10 years, but a substantial 6 month sentence or thereabouts

What is it about the internet that brings real creeps out of the woodwork? There seems to be nexus between people who hide behind the label of free speech pioneer along with PUA idiots like Roosh V and other sickos. In the old days these :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ers would have got the **** kicked out of them down the working mens club if they even hinted at something so foul.

The internet has been an amazing boon for humanity, but it also allows various forms of pondscum to have a platform they never had before.

Thoughts?

rape threats against a 1 year old? Lols internet hate machine at it once again

As evidenced by that parrot tweet bot that Microsoft recently made that people turned into a hitler loving sexist - if you post anything in the public domain, you should expect some degree of hateful / threatening comments as a given
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by the bear
just vile. so glad i don't use Twatter

lol mate, advise you dont spend any time on 4chan, especially the random forum (/b/)

If you could take all the hatred, perversion and downright depravity in the world and make it a forum it would look like /b/.
Original post by quasa
what the dolphin is wrong with these individuals? they should all be castrated (for that matter, all rapists / sex offenders should)

Great comment lets get the pitchforks then. It was vile what he said but to he honest people like that should be ignored and left to rot in their basement not be given any attention thats what they want.
Original post by Black Cobra
lol mate, advise you dont spend any time on 4chan, especially the random forum (/b/)

If you could take all the hatred, perversion and downright depravity in the world and make it a forum it would look like /b/.

eeeew i won't go there either :noway:
Reply 45
Original post by Black Cobra

beta

Original post by Roxy1331
First I thought you were going a bit to far with the prison sentence suggestion. After reading the tweet, I wouldn't hesitate with giving them 10 years!

Oh, please. Really?

It's the internet. They can't hurt you, and they definitely shouldn't be going to prison for trying to get under someone's skin, no matter how explicit the comments are.
Original post by Joel 96
Oh, please. Really?

It's the internet. They can't hurt you, and they definitely shouldn't be going to prison for trying to get under someone's skin, no matter how explicit the comments are.

Yes I know! I was exaggerating... Come on.
Yes I know! I was exaggerating... Come on.

How much were you exaggerating by?
Do you believe they should be punished at all?
Original post by Joel 96
How much were you exaggerating by?
Do you believe they should be punished at all?

Its hard to give a plain yes or no answer. By law, no. It's like if it had happened to a family member you would yearn for them to learn a lesson because of how you feel. :smile:
Its hard to give a plain yes or no answer. By law, no. It's like if it had happened to a family member you would yearn for them to learn a lesson because of how you feel. :smile:

:adore:
Its only words. Pretty clear they were not serious direct threats but the work of attention seeking trolls. Why cant people just not give these attention seekers the publicity and reaction they yearn for
Original post by Joel 96
:adore:

OK....
Reply 53
Original post by Lawbringer
Well its a good thing you arent a judge, youd be useless.

At least he's not as edgy as people on my Fb 1459822166671.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
At least he's not as edgy as people on my Fb 1459822166671.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edge lord **** right there. Thank god i dont know many of these sorts of people lol.

Thoughts?

The Internet is a horrible place. I have read stuff on public forum that makes me wish an asteroid can wipe out humanity altogether.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending