The Student Room Group

Feminists Vs Islam (women are disrespected in islam?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Stefan*
It's hilarious that you call me all those things before even letting me give you the sources (which you should have known already).

Matthew 26:36-42: And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt. ... O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Mark 14:35-36: And he went forward a little, and fell on the ground, and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

Luke 22:41-42: And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

I'm not really surprised - extremist Christians rarely know what they believe well enough. At least shut your mouth next time and save yourself from absolute embarrassment.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

What an ignorant stupid little dunce.

It is proper that I get the final say in this long argument.

Now listen up you ignorant turd.

The "cup" Jesus talked about in those books, IS THE WRATH OF GOD.

And anybody who has read the Bible, which obviously you haven't will tell you the same thing, any reference to that is the wrath of God which showed at the hour of christs death.

Isaiah 51:17+ NIVThe Cup of the LORD’s Wrath17 Awake, awake! Rise up, Jerusalem, you who have drunk from the hand of the LORD the cup of his wrath, you who have drained to its dregs the goblet that makes people stagger. 21 Therefore hear this, you afflicted one, made drunk, but not with wine. 22 This is what your Sovereign LORD says, your God, who defends his people: “See, I have taken out of your hand the cup that made you stagger; from that cup, the goblet of my wrath,
you will never drink again. 23 I will put it into the hands of your tormentors, who said to you, ‘Fall prostrate that we may walk on you.’ And you made your back like the ground, like a street to be walked on.”

Jeremiah 25+ NIVThe Cup of God’s Wrath15 This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: “Take from my hand this cup filled with the wine of my wrath and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. 16 When they drink it, they will stagger and go mad because of the sword I will send among them.”...7 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ 28 But if they refuse to take the cup from your hand and drink, tell them, ‘This is what the LORD Almighty says: You must drink it! 29 See, I am beginning to bring disaster on the city that bears my Name, and will you indeed go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am calling down a sword on all who live on the earth, declares the LORD Almighty.’

Now go home and never argue with me again you ignorant cretin.
Argument over.

*whew*

:u:
Original post by SuperStar#7
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

The "cup" Jesus talked about in those books, IS THE WRATH OF GOD.

And anybody who has read the Bible, which obviously you haven't will tell you the same thing, any reference to that is the wrath of God which showed at the hour of christs death.

Isaiah 51:17+ NIVThe Cup of the LORD’s Wrath17 Awake, awake! Rise up, Jerusalem, you who have drunk from the hand of the LORD the cup of his wrath, you who have drained to its dregs the goblet that makes people stagger. 21 Therefore hear this, you afflicted one, made drunk, but not with wine. 22 This is what your Sovereign LORD says, your God, who defends his people: “See, I have taken out of your hand the cup that made you stagger; from that cup, the goblet of my wrath,
you will never drink again. 23 I will put it into the hands of your tormentors, who said to you, ‘Fall prostrate that we may walk on you.’ And you made your back like the ground, like a street to be walked on.”

Jeremiah 25+ NIVThe Cup of God’s Wrath15 This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, said to me: “Take from my hand this cup filled with the wine of my wrath and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. 16 When they drink it, they will stagger and go mad because of the sword I will send among them.”...7 “Then tell them, ‘This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Drink, get drunk and vomit, and fall to rise no more because of the sword I will send among you.’ 28 But if they refuse to take the cup from your hand and drink, tell them, ‘This is what the LORD Almighty says: You must drink it! 29 See, I am beginning to bring disaster on the city that bears my Name, and will you indeed go unpunished? You will not go unpunished, for I am calling down a sword on all who live on the earth, declares the LORD Almighty.’

Now go home and never argue with me again you ignorant cretin.

What an absolute imbecile.

The passage you wrote is absolutely irrelevant to what I quoted. By cup Jesus meant the burden of what he had to do, which in turn means that he changed his mind and wanted to be released.

But people like you show how vile some Christians are. You God is no more real than the thousands of God that have supposedly existed in the past.

Deal with it.
Stefan whats wrong?

Have you finally acknowledged your ignorance and stupidity?
The Gospel book like Matthew, Luke and Mark which were written about 20 years after the death of Christ and the Book of John which was written around the time of Christ are historical evidences of Jesus claiming to be the son of God.

That wouldn't count as historical evidence I'm afraid. In that case can't Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists all call their scriptures historical evidences?
What an absolute imbecile.

The passage you wrote is absolutely irrelevant to what I quoted. By cup Jesus meant the burden of what he had to do, which in turn means that he changed his mind and wanted to be released.

But people like you show how vile some Christians are. You God is no more real than the thousands of God that have supposedly existed in the past.

Deal with it.

I already proved that the cup reference was the wrath of God.

Jesus being a scholar of the law, knew the Old testament in and out and knew what he meant when he said that.

You only just proved your stupidity here. I can't deal with you again hahaha.

You are just another dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about and now tries to change the argument about how my God is just one in another 300 hahahaha.

Go home bro, you lost.
Original post by champ_mc99
That wouldn't count as historical evidence I'm afraid. In that case can't Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists all call their scriptures historical evidences?

There isn't a single historian in the world that confirms the Islamic version of Jesus Christ.

As for what you would consider historical evidence.

We have Alexandrian, Greek and Roman scholars confirming the deity of Christ. Are their testimonies what you would call historical evidence? Because the term is quiet ambiguous.
I already proved that the cup reference was the wrath of God.

Jesus being a scholar of the law, knew the Old testament in and out and knew what he meant when he said that.

You only just proved your stupidity here. I can't deal with you again hahaha.

You are just another dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about and now tries to change the argument about how my God is just one in another 300 hahahaha.

Go home bro, you lost.

No you did not - mentioning a word in another text and making assumptions doesn't prove anything.

Insulting me and say "you lost the argument" (which you've been doing again and again) only proves that YOU lost. Otherwise you wouldn't be so insecure.

I didn't change the argument - I still replied to what you said :facepalm:
It was just a real point which obviously hurt you.

But to be honest, even if God were real, why would you believe in such a vindictive, corrosive and destructive being? Makes no sense.
No you did not - mentioning a word in another text and making assumptions doesn't prove anything.

Insulting me and say "you lost the argument" (which you've been doing again and again) only proves that YOU lost. Otherwise you wouldn't be so insecure.

I didn't change the argument - I still replied to what you said :facepalm:
It was just a real point which obviously hurt you.

But to be honest, even if God were real, why would you believe in such a vindictive, corrosive and destructive being? Makes no sense.

Actually it does because as a person who understood the old testament, it was clear that when he was referring to the term "cup" he was clearly talking about the wrath of God. It's not my fault that you were too stupid to start an argument without doing any form of in-depth research into it, using old arguments that have already been disproven hahahaha.

You attempted to change the topic you moron. What does the fact that there are over 1,000 other false deities out there have to do with you being an idiot? I mean you being ignorant and the authenticity of the gospel?

It didn't do a damn thing to me. The shield of God protects me from the garbage you spout.

And I know how God loves me and how he has helped me and my family in our times of need, I believe in him whole-heartedly and will do it till the day I'm no more.

Oh I have another reference to the word cup with THE EXACT SAME MEANING. Which is 3 hahahaha.

Revelation 14:10 (NIV)10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

Revelation 16:19 (NIV)19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.HAHAHAHA, You lost Bro
(edited 8 years ago)
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

never argue with me again you ignorant cretin.

Why do you have to insult people in such a manner, it will only make them insult you back.
And why are you using the context argument which you oppose?
Ps isn't it too late for heated arguments
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Al-farhan
Why do you have to insult people in such a manner, it will only make them insult you back.
And why are you using the context argument which you oppose?

He insulted me first, and I just wanted to finally put an end to this argument.

I actually already knew what he was going to say haha, those 3 exact verses, I was taught how to counter that argument in a class I took so I wanted him to make that point about the cup passing Jesus because it's a common argument ignorant atheists use to discredit the Bible.

And I don't oppose context, I oppose the over use of it and how muslims use it every single time.
Actually it does because as a person who understood the old testament, it was clear that when he was referring to the term "cup" he was clearly talking about the wrath of God. It's not my fault that you were too stupid to start an argument without doing any form of in-depth research into it, using old arguments that have already been disproven hahahaha.

More and more insults - nice attempt to cover your insecurity.Let us assume it means the wrath of God (for childish purposes). How does it change anything? He still begged that he be spared of this torture. End result? You're mumbling with irrelevant points because you know you got absolutely destroyed there.

You attempted to change the topic you moron. What does the fact that there are over 1,000 other false deities out there have to do with you being an idiot? I mean you being ignorant and the authenticity of the gospel?

If I wanted to change the topic, I wouldn't have answered to what you said in the previous post. Perhaps you should reconsider university with your comprehension skills. Very likely to flop it.

It didn't do a damn thing to me. The shield of God protects me from the garbage you spout.

Just like it protects the Christians being killed from ISIS? Hahaha... talk about the shield of God.

And I know how God loves me and how he has helped me and my family in our times of need, I believe in him whole-heartedly and will do it till the day I'm no more.

Did he tell you that? You may as well accept it's all just indoctrination.

Oh I have another reference to the word cup with THE EXACT SAME MEANING. Which is 3 hahahaha.

Revelation 14:10 (NIV)10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.Revelation 16:19 (NIV)19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Same as above. To think correlation equals causation is, however, extremely dumb.

HAHAHAHA, You lost Bro

Keep repeating this, you may convince yourself. You are more immature than what i expected though...
He insulted me first, and I just wanted to finally put an end to this argument.

I insulted you first?

You've been calling me names from start to end. Obviously I'd retaliate - the thing is that what I said is true, though.

I actually already knew what he was going to say haha, those 3 exact verses, I was taught how to counter that argument in a class I took so I wanted him to make that point about the cup passing Jesus because it's a common argument ignorant atheists use to discredit the Bible.

And I don't oppose context, I oppose the over use of it and how muslims use it every single time.

Is that why you've been saying that crap? Because it is something they taught you at Catholic school? Something so irrelevant it is evidently used as a facade to cover the worst loophole of the Bible?

What can one say... :rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Squishy•
Watch this video:
[video="youtube;pFvw4XvVpOA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvw4XvVpOA[/video]

I am not going to waste 48 mins worth of potential sleep to watch a video.. :getmecoat:
Original post by BrokenLife
Whether its because the man financially runs the home and when he gets married he has to feed his family and that when a woman gets married, his husband needs to feed or financially look after her as well so he needs more share or anything other reason, the mere fact that it divides inheritence unequally based on the genitals of humans is rather unacceptable for me. I also believe that they aren't applicable in the age where so many women work and are and look after themselves financially.

I hope you don't mind me continuing with this tomorrow.
More and more insults - nice attempt to cover your insecurity.Let us assume it means the wrath of God (for childish purposes). How does it change anything? He still begged that he be spared of this torture. End result? You're mumbling with irrelevant points because you know you got absolutely destroyed there.

LOL, no he didn't. I already proved to you what the cup reference meant. You're just hanging on to nothing now.

Go home mate you lost.
LOL, no he didn't. I already proved to you what the cup reference meant. You're just hanging on to nothing now.

Did you even read what I wrote? I incorporated what Priest Jim taught you at school into the answer. It changes nothing. He begged that he be spared of what was happening to him - evidently powerless himself.

Go home mate you lost.

Seriously, are you going to repeat this ad infinitum? Strong.
Did you even read what I wrote? I incorporated what Priest Jim taught you at school into the answer. It changes nothing. He begged that he be spared of what was happening to him - evidently powerless himself.

Seriously, are you going to repeat this ad infinitum? Strong.
I'm not even a catholic you ignorant dumbass, I'm a protestant.
Catholics ask priests to absolve them of their sins, i don't.Why am i even replying to you?This is like the third blatant mistake you've made and no amount of latin words in your locker will change the fact that you're an ignorant idiot in regards to the bible.
I'm not even a catholic you ignorant dumbass, I'm a protestant.
Catholics ask priests to absolve them of their sins, i don't.Why am i even replying to you?This is like the third blatant mistake you've made and no amount of latin words in your locker will change the fact that you're an ignorant idiot in regards to the bible.

It's called mockery. Obviously I don't know what denomination you are - the point is still the same.

An ignorant idiot who still knows more than you, the believer. Pray tell.

By the way, your insults show your true colours. Perhaps Christianity has made you more authentic on that front.
It's called mockery. Obviously I don't know what denomination you are - the point is still the same.

An ignorant idiot who still knows more than you, the believer. Pray tell.

By the way, your insults show your true colours. Perhaps Christianity has made you more authentic on that front.

Can we continue this tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending