The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Mr Robot is a complete mindf**k of a show. Easily the most intellectually, religiously and ethically stimulating show I've kept up with.

I've watched the first episode of Daredevil, is it worth keeping up with?

Daredevil is absolute quality in my opinion.
Exceptionally well acted and the fight scenes are some of the best I've ever seen.

It's not over the top but there's a fair amount to think about - it's a work of art and the best thing is that you can just Netflix the first 2 seasons whenever you like :smile:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
The girl who was telling that guy to split and being so sad that then stole was a cold hearted bitch.

One of the best clips I've seen. Mad ratings
Has anyone seen master of none ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
From a financial perspective definitely, irrelevant of the other persons move you are at least as well off or better off by stealing. But you're known as a **** forever.
That's why what the guy did (saying he'd steal but split the cash after the show if the other guy split) was so clever. It turned the scenario on it's head so the other person was always as well off or better off by splitting and mathematically should have split (loke he did).
But then again, he didn't factor in the fact that some people would be pissed at trying to be tricked and would steal to get some payback. He got lucky that the other guy was mathematically rational.

No problem. Probably the best tv show I've watched in the last 3 or 4 years. A real masterclass and can't wait for season 2

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Na, it makes sense to split tbh. I would do what that guy did on golden balls and say that I would share the money after the show.

The girl who was telling that guy to split and being so sad that then stole was a cold hearted bitch.

Original post by Lúcio
It's just a variation of the Prisoner's Dilemma which is really interesting - I've had to read entire books on this area of game theory.

Logically, it's always best to steal regardless of what the other person does. The issue is that if your opponent steals, you'll go away with £0 regardless of what you choose to do. Why not spite them and steal yourself?

People often use that to rationale their decision to steal, saying that they knew the opponent would steal and they didn't want them to get away with it. There are so many variations of Prisoner's Dilemma - Goldenballs is one of the most basic but look how tense and interesting it gets both socially and financially?

And yeah, that woman who stole less than £3 is an absolute bitch to be honest. Still the logical choice though...

I don't see it as cold hearted or a dick move to steal tbh. It's just playing the game well. The word steal throws people off, nothing is actually being stolen.

Brb the honourable thing for football teams to do is draw every game so they're not taking money away from the other team and players
Original post by AR_95
Has anyone seen master of none ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it's a 7/10 programme imo. Better out there but worth a go if you've got nothing else to watch
Original post by The Wavefunction
Yeah, it's a 7/10 programme imo. Better out there but worth a go if you've got nothing else to watch

I quite liked it tbh, watched the first episode then ended up binge watching the entire season in one sitting. Im not the biggest fan of Aziz's comedy in general but I thought he was quite good in the show.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've watched the first episode thought it was alright tbh. Need to know if anything interesting actually happens in Better call Saul in s2 first though.

Zac Goldsmith (Tory MP going for London mayor) seems an utter bellend of the highest order - he's on Cameron's level on the c**t scale imo
Original post by difeo
I don't see it as cold hearted or a dick move to steal tbh. It's just playing the game well. The word steal throws people off, nothing is actually being stolen.

Brb the honourable thing for football teams to do is draw every game so they're not taking money away from the other team and players

If every team drew every game 0-0 then everyone would be league champions? :awesome:
I've watched the first episode thought it was alright tbh. Need to know if anything interesting actually happens in Better call Saul in s2 first though.

Zac Goldsmith (Tory MP going for London mayor) seems an utter bellend of the highest order - he's on Cameron's level on the c**t scale imo

It's been a much more eventful season compared to season 1. Id say it's definitely been better so far but there are only two episodes left. The show is now more about both Mike and Jimmy though, instead of just the latter. I'd just wait two weeks until all episodes are out then binge watch the entire season in a few sittings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1469
Mr Robot is a complete mindf**k of a show. Easily the most intellectually, religiously and ethically stimulating show I've kept up with.

I've watched the first episode of Daredevil, is it worth keeping up with?

Yeah, the Punisher aka Shane from TWD is GOAT in s2.
Better Call Saul is dinner TV, not high quality enough to just sit and watch it

Will try Mr Robot at some point
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1471
TWD ****ed up big time.

Negan was GOAT though.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Better Call Saul is dinner TV, not high quality enough to just sit and watch it

Will try Mr Robot at some point

Really isn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

Breaking Bad was overrated as well tbh. Not in the same league as The Wire or Mad Men.
Reply 1474
Cc BB=overrated.
The Wire is supposed to be GOAT.
Game of Thrones>>>
Original post by Zerforax
If every team drew every game 0-0 then everyone would be league champions? :awesome:

Probably the only way we'd even win a title to be honest...
Original post by Lúcio
Probably the only way we'd even win a title to be honest...

Next year is our year :awesome:
Reply 1477
Tyga getting fully boyed.
Original post by AR_95
It's been a much more eventful season compared to season 1. Id say it's definitely been better so far but there are only two episodes left. The show is now more about both Mike and Jimmy though, instead of just the latter. I'd just wait two weeks until all episodes are out then binge watch the entire season in a few sittings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to hear, first few episodes of s1 were good, the rest were kind of uneventful though.

Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah, the Punisher aka Shane from TWD is GOAT in s2.

I only know him from Fury, seems to be good at playing a complete c*nt tbh

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Breaking Bad was overrated as well tbh. Not in the same league as The Wire or Mad Men.

One of the few drama series that actually did a good job with how it ended.

One of the few drama series that actually did a good job with how it ended.

Mad Men?

Also, what was wrong with The Wire's ending?

Latest