The Student Room Group

Good Holiday Destination for a young couple?

Me and my girlfriend are on about booking up a holiday for the end of August, however we are struggling to find a location which matches what we want?

We are looking for somewhere obviously hot, where we can party and have a good time or simply just chill if we don't want to go partying every night, but I don't want to go somewhere like Magaluf or your usual party destinations.

Any ideas?
Original post by JakeyWV
Me and my girlfriend are on about booking up a holiday for the end of August, however we are struggling to find a location which matches what we want?

We are looking for somewhere obviously hot, where we can party and have a good time or simply just chill if we don't want to go partying every night, but I don't want to go somewhere like Magaluf or your usual party destinations.

Any ideas?

Majorca has other destinations which arent so big on partying like magaluf is or i d suggest going to a capital city like rome.
Original post by JakeyWV

Any ideas?

Go to Budapest - I went there whilst interrailing last summer and it reached 38 celcius at one point, was quite disgusting actually haha.

There's tonnes of ruin bars you can visit to go out and have a good time in the evening, but also loads of cool stuff to do during the day, typical tourist things (visiting the parliament building, going up the Buda castle, etc) but also fun and different things such as swimming in the thermal baths, playing escape games, good shopping places, loads of good food to eat. Also insanely cheap, plus you can probably find somewhere really nice on AirBnB rather than cheaping out on a hostel or spending too much in a hotel.
Reply 3
Original post by pizzanomics
Go to Budapest - I went there whilst interrailing last summer and it reached 38 celcius at one point, was quite disgusting actually haha.

There's tonnes of ruin bars you can visit to go out and have a good time in the evening, but also loads of cool stuff to do during the day, typical tourist things (visiting the parliament building, going up the Buda castle, etc) but also fun and different things such as swimming in the thermal baths, playing escape games, good shopping places, loads of good food to eat. Also insanely cheap, plus you can probably find somewhere really nice on AirBnB rather than cheaping out on a hostel or spending too much in a hotel.

I was actually looking at Budapest yesterday as I've heard it's insanely cheap, do you have any idea what the weather is like around August time? When I go away I would like to return with a tan haha.
Original post by JakeyWV
I was actually looking at Budapest yesterday as I've heard it's insanely cheap, do you have any idea what the weather is like around August time? When I go away I would like to return with a tan haha.

Instead of Budapest, what about Varna in Bulgaria, it's a new beach destination for Brits and has cheap hotels restaurants and of course parties!

Quick Reply

Latest