The Student Room Group

Looks wise what would you honestly rate yourself out of 10?

Scroll to see replies

Makeup: 8 or 9 with a nice outfit and pretty hairstyle
No makeup/normal: 7
Sub zero.
4/10 by European standards, +1 to 1.5 points from fifteen months of lifting and bro dieting gets me to 5 or 6/10. Overall I suppose I gotta be happy with that. Lifting was a good decision, I recommend

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say about 5. Very average. I know I'm not ugly, as very very few people are. But I'm not 'attractive' haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pro Crastination
In line with my namesake I have taken about 30 minutes to write down all of the (serious) responses in an excel file and found the mean, median and mode so far in this thread. For the ones where people gave a range I averaged, for the ones with/without makeup I averaged (but for the ones that were like '1/10 without 6/10 with' I would just go with 6 because there are limits to modern science and cosmetics can't possibly be that effective).

Turns out people on average aren't being overly critical of their appearances (assuming the mean appearance on TSR actually is 5 and we're not all abnormally attractive).

Mean: 5.6
Median: 6
Mode: 6

There were a lot of 6/10s going on (15% of all responses to be precise).

Someone pointed out earlier on that attractiveness is going to be normally distributed, just like most physical qualities, so somebody that is genuinely 8/10 would probably be a supermodel, just as someone who is genuinely 2/10 would probably have a severe physical deformity. In that respect the variance reported here was ginormous compared to what an actual normal distribution would look like, which probably means that there is a lot of overblowing on either side of average.

That would only work if everyone on tsr posted, you don't take into account the incentive of the poster.
Minus 57/10. I look so disgusting that I've probably made some people throw up just from looking at my hideous face.

More chance of humans colonising the sun than me ever getting a girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pro Crastination
I do feel like doing something a bit more statistically rigorous but I do sort of have an econometrics module I'm avoiding revision for...

I've always thought of the scale as being normally distributed with a standard deviation of two and a median of five. Plugged that into my graphical calculator and the percentages of the population at each number seem about right also.
100/10 smoking hot, pls find a fire extinguisher asap
Original post by AJP98
I was just giving an honest opinion on myself, I've really struggled with my weight, appearance and the knock-on effects of that, so I'm flattered that you think that, but I'm also not going to lie about how I feel

Since we are giving ourselves numbers once again, and others are giving us numbers, I am going to give you a number.

I personally find you to be stunning, both emotionally and mentally. Scrap all of your issues and worries from the past, because you're burning through brighter than ever before! For this reason, and others, I am going to give you a solid 10. You're beautiful.
I'm in a moodlifting mood, so compliments for people I like.

That being said, everyone is. If only people saw their own beauty. Shame I lack any and all, for myself. 1/10 for me!
Original post by Biryani007
100/10 smoking hot, pls find a fire extinguisher asap

I've found one however there's writing on the side, under close inspection I can see the words
"to put out bull****".
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
I've found one however there's writing on the side, under close inspection I can see the words
"to put out bull****".

Damnnnnn good try but you got the wrong one...never mind...

(You do know I was joking, right?)
7/10
Damnnnnn good try but you got the wrong one...never mind...

(You do know I was joking, right?)

Absolutely.
Original post by sr90
Minus 57/10. I look so disgusting that I've probably made some people throw up just from looking at my hideous face.

More chance of humans colonising the sun than me ever getting a girlfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took the words right out of my mouth lol

But seriously I'm sure that's not true for you at all :h:
Original post by XOR_
Absolutely.

Great

(Sincerely hope that isn't sarcasm :lol:)
Great

(Sincerely hope that isn't sarcasm :lol:)

Of course it's not sarcasm.
Reply 936
Probably a 2/10. I look like a troll doll.
Original post by Tinemither
Since we are giving ourselves numbers once again, and others are giving us numbers, I am going to give you a number.

I personally find you to be stunning, both emotionally and mentally. Scrap all of your issues and worries from the past, because you're burning through brighter than ever before! For this reason, and others, I am going to give you a solid 10. You're beautiful.
I'm in a moodlifting mood, so compliments for people I like.

That being said, everyone is. If only people saw their own beauty. Shame I lack any and all, for myself. 1/10 for me!

This post alone makes you a 10...

Original post by XOR_
Of course it's not sarcasm.

:erm:

Good :biggrin:
This post alone makes you a 10...

You say that, but upon seeing me in reality that quickly drops. Very quickly. 1, in my opinion, is generous for me.
4/5. Maybe 6/7 to the right people :lol:

Quick Reply