The Student Room Group

Triple Science OCR Specification Overview?

Basically, does anyone have a list of topics we need to know for OCR Sciences GCSE? I know and have tried using the spec but it is too wordy for me! Before I try to attempt my own I thought I would ask on here. Oh, and by list I mean like; meiosis and mitosis, genetic diseases, friction, etc.
You need to know everything you have been taught. Collins revision guides are good for outlining the information but honestly you need to know everything in your exercise book.
For additional you could use the cgp revision guide as it has a lot of information in it and I think it also has a list at the end of each unit.
Reply 3
Original post by rosie.mn
You need to know everything you have been taught. Collins revision guides are good for outlining the information but honestly you need to know everything in your exercise book.

Yeah, I'm aware of that but I've had various teacher changes in the past two year, and I want to be certain I haven't missed anything! Sorry I didn't say that before :wink:
Original post by LiviB
Yeah, I'm aware of that but I've had various teacher changes in the past two year, and I want to be certain I haven't missed anything! Sorry I didn't say that before :wink:

No I understand!! I had a horrendous teacher for year 10 and that basically means my classwork book is very difficult to revise from, I'd really invest in a Collins revision guide, I like them because they're straight to the point so you don't have to sort through loads of information :smile:
Reply 5
No I understand!! I had a horrendous teacher for year 10 and that basically means my classwork book is very difficult to revise from, I'd really invest in a Collins revision guide, I like them because they're straight to the point so you don't have to sort through loads of information :smile:

Ok! Thanks!! I know sometimes it can't be helped, but it's still so annoying! Especially when teachers are like 'you should know this, you would have done it last year with so and so' but you didn't and they refuse to teach it!
Don't
Original post by LiviB
Ok! Thanks!! I know sometimes it can't be helped, but it's still so annoying! Especially when teachers are like 'you should know this, you would have done it last year with so and so' but you didn't and they refuse to teach it!

Don't even get me started. The teacher I had was so bad I couldn't even learn the majority of my chemistry topics it was so unbearable. Now I have the best teacher ever and I'm doing so much better but my old teacher spent about 5 lessons on minute parts of topics and then skimmed the most important parts, making my understanding drop. If you need to know the spec for a certain topic don't hesitate to ask, I don't mind listing them :smile:
Reply 7
Don't

Don't even get me started. The teacher I had was so bad I couldn't even learn the majority of my chemistry topics it was so unbearable. Now I have the best teacher ever and I'm doing so much better but my old teacher spent about 5 lessons on minute parts of topics and then skimmed the most important parts, making my understanding drop. If you need to know the spec for a certain topic don't hesitate to ask, I don't mind listing them :smile:

Haha, oh dear! I was very similar with my chemistry teacher. I know this may seem dumb, but what do you mean by certain topics?!! :wink:
Original post by LiviB
Basically, does anyone have a list of topics we need to know for OCR Sciences GCSE? I know and have tried using the spec but it is too wordy for me! Before I try to attempt my own I thought I would ask on here. Oh, and by list I mean like; meiosis and mitosis, genetic diseases, friction, etc.

I'm doing OCR Triple Science too.Is it OCR Gateway that your doing? If yes then I think you teacher would have given you a syllabus.....or criteria sheets that tell you what topic your studying and what you need to know for the exams
Reply 9
Original post by *Alisha*
I'm doing OCR Triple Science too.Is it OCR Gateway that your doing? If yes then I think you teacher would have given you a syllabus.....or criteria sheets that tell you what topic your studying and what you need to know for the exams

I don't think so?! At the beginning of my specification it is
TWENTY FIRST CENTURY SCIENCE SUITE GCSE BIOLOGY A ACCREDITED SPECIFICATION J243 VERSION 2 MAY 2012
Original post by LiviB
I don't think so?! At the beginning of my specification it is
TWENTY FIRST CENTURY SCIENCE SUITE GCSE BIOLOGY A ACCREDITED SPECIFICATION J243 VERSION 2 MAY 2012

Oh because there's 2 types
OCR Gateway
OCR 21st Century
Sorry I don't know your specification. I'm doing OCR B
Original post by LiviB
Haha, oh dear! I was very similar with my chemistry teacher. I know this may seem dumb, but what do you mean by certain topics?!! :wink:

If you need to know what you need to learn for say p6 or whatever I could help!
Reply 12
Original post by *Alisha*
Oh because there's 2 types
OCR Gateway
OCR 21st Century
Sorry I don't know your specification. I'm doing OCR B

Oh right okay! No worries! Good Luck :wink:
Reply 13
If you need to know what you need to learn for say p6 or whatever I could help!

Oh okay! That's what I thought you meant, I just didn't want to ask for some if you didn't even offer! :smile: All of them?!? :biggrin: Well, my worst is 4 in all of them, C4, P4 and B4, so if you have any for them I would be incredibly grateful! But obviously you need to focus on your revision, so whenever you get the time!!
Original post by LiviB
Oh okay! That's what I thought you meant, I just didn't want to ask for some if you didn't even offer! :smile: All of them?!? :biggrin: Well, my worst is 4 in all of them, C4, P4 and B4, so if you have any for them I would be incredibly grateful! But obviously you need to focus on your revision, so whenever you get the time!!

C4 is chemical patterns.
- history of the periodic table
- line spectrum and discovering elements
- the structure of an atom
- electrons
- finding elements in the periodic table, properties or elements etc.
- group 1 (alkali metals)
- reaction of group 1 with water and then with chlorine
- halogens
- patterns of group 7, displacement reactions and reactivity
- ionic compounds
- explaining properties
- forming ions, charges and formulae for the ions
P4 explaining motion
- calculating speed
- distance time graphs, displacement time graphs
- acceleration and changing direction
- speed time graphs
- forces between objects, repulsive and attractive, reaction force
- friction, resultant force
- velocity/ terminal velocity, drag/air resistance/gravity
- collisions and momentum (crumple zones etc)
- work done
- potential energy, kenetic energy, energy transfers
B4 processes of life
- photosynthesis and respiration
- enzymes (lock and key, optimum temp/ph)
- glucose
- the cell, its properties in animals and plants
- diffusion and osmosis
- active transport
- limiting factors of photosynthesis
- effect of light on plant growth
- aerobic and anaerobic respiration
- fermentation
Hope this helped !!! If you need help with anything just let me know :smile:
Reply 15
C4 is chemical patterns.
- history of the periodic table
- line spectrum and discovering elements
- the structure of an atom
- electrons
- finding elements in the periodic table, properties or elements etc.
- group 1 (alkali metals)
- reaction of group 1 with water and then with chlorine
- halogens
- patterns of group 7, displacement reactions and reactivity
- ionic compounds
- explaining properties
- forming ions, charges and formulae for the ions
P4 explaining motion
- calculating speed
- distance time graphs, displacement time graphs
- acceleration and changing direction
- speed time graphs
- forces between objects, repulsive and attractive, reaction force
- friction, resultant force
- velocity/ terminal velocity, drag/air resistance/gravity
- collisions and momentum (crumple zones etc)
- work done
- potential energy, kenetic energy, energy transfers
B4 processes of life
- photosynthesis and respiration
- enzymes (lock and key, optimum temp/ph)
- glucose
- the cell, its properties in animals and plants
- diffusion and osmosis
- active transport
- limiting factors of photosynthesis
- effect of light on plant growth
- aerobic and anaerobic respiration
- fermentation
Hope this helped !!! If you need help with anything just let me know :smile:

This is perfect! Thank you so much, you're an angel! So do you have this for all 7 units for each science?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending