The Student Room Group

Has anyone finished writing up their revisions notes??? Panicking!!!

My first exam starts on May 16th (RS OCR) and I'm stressing and in panic mode because I still haven't finished writing up all my notes. I need to have finished them this week and I have no hope of getting them done after losing some of my B3 notes. I have finished my B1 and P1 notes but I haven't written out any notes for C1, C2, C3, B2, B3, P2 and P3 and everyone I know have almost finished which is really putting me off at the moment, feeling like I won't get A/A*s.
I haven't done any notes for english literature apart from re reading the texts and annotating as I go along (The Crucible, Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men, Pride and Prejudice). Would I be able to get it all done by this week??? :/

Scroll to see replies

I've finished all mine and I'm doing past papers now really up until the exams! as i've learnt the content but if you get your head down and stick to it you should be able to do it! i know some people who have had to make more scruffy notes than neat ones as they are running out of time too.

We have the first same exam! But, RS doesn't require too much work and I think if you crack on now you still have time during exams to revise content, and you also have a holiday in the middle of exams to revise too! Don't worry! if you're on easter holidays like myself you still have this whole week to get stuff done.

Just try to work longer than usual and minimise distractions and I'm sure you'll get it all done! (also dont forget about study leave if you have it)
Still doing mine
Original post by chrlhyms
I've finished all mine and I'm doing past papers now really up until the exams! as i've learnt the content but if you get your head down and stick to it you should be able to do it! i know some people who have had to make more scruffy notes than neat ones as they are running out of time too.

We have the first same exam! But, RS doesn't require too much work and I think if you crack on now you still have time during exams to revise content, and you also have a holiday in the middle of exams to revise too! Don't worry! if you're on easter holidays like myself you still have this whole week to get stuff done.

Just try to work longer than usual and minimise distractions and I'm sure you'll get it all done! (also dont forget about study leave if you have it)

What subjects have you finished all your notes for?
Original post by Username3097486
What subjects have you finished all your notes for?

I've finished: English lit, lan, triple science, geography, history, maths (just memorised formula), RS, business studies (so everything i take except japanese which i probably won't revise for lol)

how about you?
I've finished: English lit, lan, triple science, geography, history, maths (just memorised formula), RS, business studies (so everything i take except japanese which i probably won't revise for lol)

how about you?

WTF!! How!! How long did that take you!?! Crap i've started too late
also how did you make your notes?
ive only done B1, P1 and some literature
WTF!! How!! How long did that take you!?! Crap i've started too late
also how did you make your notes?
ive only done B1, P1 and some literature

I started making them for mocks before Christmas then would just spend 1-2 hours after school doing them as I would be doing nothing anyway hahaha! The CGP revision guides are great to revise from for science though i dont use my triple notes much.

It took me forever but I got them all done by Feb! Most of the time revising from the revision guides is fine if its an easy subject.

And i would splint an A4 piece of paper into 4 and each topic/page in the revision guide i would condense the notes into 1/4 of the page! how do you make your notes?
I've finished all of mine but i haven't done psychology which i don't really mind because my text book is filled with what i need to know :smile:
I started making them for mocks before Christmas then would just spend 1-2 hours after school doing them as I would be doing nothing anyway hahaha! The CGP revision guides are great to revise from for science though i dont use my triple notes much.

It took me forever but I got them all done by Feb! Most of the time revising from the revision guides is fine if its an easy subject.

And i would splint an A4 piece of paper into 4 and each topic/page in the revision guide i would condense the notes into 1/4 of the page! how do you make your notes?

I just make notes from mygcse science and for english lit from videos because they have really good analysis
I just make notes from mygcse science and for english lit from videos because they have really good analysis

Oh yeah those are pretty good, I use them
Biology: up to date on notes (but haven't finished learning in school)
Chemistry: same as bio
Physics: same as bio
Maths: none but not planning on any
English Lit: character and theme notes for all 4 books (but need to do 4 sets of plot notes)
French/Spanish: 1 mindmap for all tenses, planning on doing unfamiliar vocab notes
History: all of Russia, notes on cold war (but 1 more mindmap to do), none on Vietnam (still learning in school)
Computing: all done apart from 1 mindmap on networking
Still doing my notes

ive done:
p1, c1, 1/2 b1, eng lit and maths
Reply 12
what are revision notes
Original post by citruslemonade
My first exam starts on May 16th (RS OCR) and I'm stressing and in panic mode because I still haven't finished writing up all my notes. I need to have finished them this week and I have no hope of getting them done after losing some of my B3 notes. I have finished my B1 and P1 notes but I haven't written out any notes for C1, C2, C3, B2, B3, P2 and P3 and everyone I know have almost finished which is really putting me off at the moment, feeling like I won't get A/A*s.
I haven't done any notes for english literature apart from re reading the texts and annotating as I go along (The Crucible, Romeo and Juliet, Of Mice and Men, Pride and Prejudice). Would I be able to get it all done by this week??? :/

Don't stress it just makes you feel less confident when accomplishing your exams. Make detailed summaries for each topics. I recommend using flashcards. So for example you can have a set of flashcards for B1 and a set for C1 and so on....
Just go through those cards thoroughly.Make sure you take plenty of rest before the exam too:smile:

I'm in Year 10 so I'm up to date with the notes of the topics I learnt at school so far. Which makes my life much easier:smile:
My school regularly tests us with past papers after we learnt a topic. That's when I start making my notes. I find it much easier to revise when I just learnt a topic because I remember it more.

Hey there!!! Don't panic :tongue: It's all gonna be alright!

Be calm, because anxiety is not helpful when revising!

Because you are short on time, I would suggest you didn't carry on making detailed notes because I have a feeling you will keep writing and struggle to retain the information, but you write notes to make yourself feel calm. What I do is (but you know how you work best, so only you can decide if you want to do this) read my text book, memorise what I've read on the page, summarise it in my head and roughly jot it down on paper. I do it again and again and again, I find it's faster than making notes (if you need the internets help, then jot what you read on a blank piece of paper and then memorise that and keep jotting that on another piece of paper).

Basically keep repeating something until you can solve questions on it, or write mini essay on it.

I always think, you take your brain into the exam with you and not your notes. Notes hardly ever helped me :redface:. This might work best for you because you as short on time, my mum told thats how she and all the other students revised for there exams back in India...soOoOo if it worked for them....:biggrin:
Maths (Edexcel) - I don't really make notes I just practise papers and use textbook English Language - don't make notes just going to read over anthology a couple of times English Literature- view from a bridge and to kill a mockingbird. I have a system with some friends where we make notes on a certain theme and character then share them. I think I have finished AVFTB never going to finish mockingbird 😁😁I do double science (OCR gateway) and I finished making notes after mocks and I am prepared lets get that A*Geography (CIE) finished all my notes just struggling to memorise case studies History (edexcel/Pearson) made all my notes after mocks and I do Nazi Germany and Medicine Latin (OCR) I finished making Cicero and Tacitus notes at the beginning of the Easter and I finished Nisus and Euryalus last year before mocks 😄😄 Spanish I don't really revise languages tbh I just do vocab everyday on quizlet and memerise and do grammar exercises

First exam geography themes on the 3rd of May. Sucks to be me
Reply 17
Did my GCSEs two years ago (nearly) and still have no notes :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Hey there!!! Don't panic :tongue: It's all gonna be alright!

Be calm, because anxiety is not helpful when revising!

Because you are short on time, I would suggest you didn't carry on making detailed notes because I have a feeling you will keep writing and struggle to retain the information, but you write notes to make yourself feel calm. What I do is (but you know how you work best, so only you can decide if you want to do this) read my text book, memorise what I've read on the page, summarise it in my head and roughly jot it down on paper. I do it again and again and again, I find it's faster than making notes (if you need the internets help, then jot what you read on a blank piece of paper and then memorise that and keep jotting that on another piece of paper).

Basically keep repeating something until you can solve questions on it, or write mini essay on it.

I always think, you take your brain into the exam with you and not your notes. Notes hardly ever helped me :redface:. This might work best for you because you as short on time, my mum told thats how she and all the other students revised for there exams back in India...soOoOo if it worked for them....:biggrin:

Thank you, i'll try and use your method! I need to at least leave a month to do past papers though, so I've got to write out my notes quickly because the problem is that I spend so long on one topic (2 hours) that I don't get anything else done. I'm such a slow learner, which is why I get extra time as well which helps in some ways.
Original post by TakingMyTimeOnMy
Maths (Edexcel) - I don't really make notes I just practise papers and use textbook English Language - don't make notes just going to read over anthology a couple of times English Literature- view from a bridge and to kill a mockingbird. I have a system with some friends where we make notes on a certain theme and character then share them. I think I have finished AVFTB never going to finish mockingbird 😁😁I do double science (OCR gateway) and I finished making notes after mocks and I am prepared lets get that A*Geography (CIE) finished all my notes just struggling to memorise case studies History (edexcel/Pearson) made all my notes after mocks and I do Nazi Germany and Medicine Latin (OCR) I finished making Cicero and Tacitus notes at the beginning of the Easter and I finished Nisus and Euryalus last year before mocks 😄😄 Spanish I don't really revise languages tbh I just do vocab everyday on quizlet and memerise and do grammar exercises

First exam geography themes on the 3rd of May. Sucks to be me

If you want i could share my TKAM notes with you (but i dont have many tbh ahaha) and Please could you share your notes on Beatrice and Eddie with me, just kinda struggling with ideas, particularly with Beatrice

Quick Reply

Latest